EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:57 am
Just Joined

TCD1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Hello everyone! I am writing here for the first time, although I have been reading your comments for a while. There is much information in these posts, so after much reading, I muct admit I feel quite confused and I am scared to start the application for EEA Family Permit before knowing what to do exactly. I will explain my situation and then you might be able to give me some piece of advice, hopefully...
I am Spanish and I am at the moment living in Belgium. I am married to a Russian citizen, and we got married here in Belgium. I see an advantage in this, for we already had to go through police checks etc to prove that our relationship was not an "arranged" one and got permission from the Belgium authorities to get married, which we did last August.
We want to go back to the UK (he got his degree and MA in Restoration in a British University before moving to Belgium and I have British Qualified Teacher Status and worked in the UK as a teacher some years ago). Here in Belgium we are having problems with work and with the language too. I am working as a cleaner and will not get a teaching job here. In any case, I'd rather work as a cleaner in the Uk than here, if I couldn't get anything better.
I know my husband must apply for EEA Family Permit, but after reading most of your posts here, I don't know what to do. Should we tell the truth and say that we want to work in the UK? Should it be easier to say we just want to visit? Would it be easier if I moved to the UK first and get a job there, and then let him apply to come to the UK with me from Belgium? Another very important question and our main worry: We have somewhere to stay in the UK and can give an address and contact details of the person we would be staying with, but we don't have any important savings. We do intend to work and live in the UK, but intentions can't be taken as evidence in a visa application. Because of all this, I want to ask if you consider it a good idea to go to a lawyer with experience in these issues to help us with this application. I have read so much that I don't know what to think or what to do. Thank you.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

spc1108 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a british passport holder born in uk lived in spain for 20 years and married to a russion for 10 years i have returned to the uk to look after my parents i have been in the uk for over 9 months my wife has applied for spouce visa no problem except that they need a letter from the eea national(which iam not i am british passport holder) declaring that she is joining me can somebody help do i write this and what do i write please this is very frustrateing i am flying to madrid next week just to make sure this goes correctly because i find this very disturbing kind regards and thanks for any advice
Old Jan 6th 2012, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

spc1108 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a british passport holder born in uk lived in spain for 20 years and married to a russion for 10 years i have returned to the uk to look after my parents i have been in the uk for over 9 months my wife has applied for spouce visa no problem except that they need a letter from the eea national(which iam not i am british passport holder) declaring that she is joining me can somebody help do i write this and what do i write please this is very frustrateing i am flying to madrid next week just to make sure this goes correctly because i find this very disturbing kind regards and thanks for any advice
Old Jan 7th 2012, 12:46 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

try posting on www.immigrationboards.com EEA section for detailed rules for travel under the EEA rules
I think now you are back in the UK you can not apply under the EEA route but I could be mistaken. I think you just have to apply for the usual settlement and a standard letter would be OK

Last edited by pennylessinindia; Jan 7th 2012 at 12:48 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

michyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!
I am Italian and my husband is Brazilian. We got married in the UK last October, even though he didn't have a valid visa in that moment.
We recently went to Italy and he got a EEA family permit before coming back. We're going to apply for a EEA residence permit now, but I'd like to know if he can re-use the family permit he got in Italy in case we leave the country for a few days, or if that might cause problems at the border.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Michela