EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Lsos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Thank you for the info! I kind of had an idea, but have so much conflicting information that i didn't know what to think. I feel better now!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

vampirita is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a pleasure...
If you need anything else, just tell us!
best wishes 4u and other in the same situation.

Does anybody knows what is the best way to extend my wife´s visa once the 6 months visa expires?, In uk asking for a long term visa or do it here in spain?
we prefer to have a long term visa even when we do not live in uk. we want to visit uk monthly...all the familly is there and my mother is very sick.
which is the best way?

Thanks you very much...
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

any reply???
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:17 am
Just Joined

davidlvb is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody knows what is the best way to extend my wife´s visa once the 6 months visa expires
Your wife would have to apply for a Residence Permit (EEA2) once you are in the UK. It is another long and painful process -- though I don't know if it is helped by having an EEA Family Permit first.

Does anyone know if having the EEA Family Permit makes the EEA2 Residence Card processing time faster???

Residence Permit info:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/euc...ereuropeanlaw/

EEA2 Application Form:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sit...s/eea/eea2.pdf
Old Jan 17th 2010, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

thanks u very much David...4 the reply...
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:58 am
Just Joined

metallicaforever is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys
im new here , and im non EU married with polish living in UK and she's renting one room , i would like to know if that will be enough for me us , i mean that the Ambassy of UK they will not refuse my apply to get EEA family permit because of that ?
thank you
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:33 am
Just Joined

joseph1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi!!

I have simiral thing!
I am a Hungarian and i will get merried with a Belarussian(non-EEA) girl.I leaving in the Uk.We are together not even 1 year,but the last 5 moths she is in Belarus cause of her visa is finished,we will get merried in hungary soon,but she needs to go back to belarus and apply for family permit.I am worried we cant get it or will takes to long couse we leave separetly.I just started to read after this family permit,but looks like is quiet difficult!I been in Belarus,visit my bride,the wedding will be in Hungary and we leaved togehter in London for about 5 month.Both of us is working,has incomming money.I renting a flat,pay my bills. Is it will be enaugh for them?can she come back after h wedding with me and apply here,we should aply in Hungary or she deffinitly needs to go home?
Thanks a lot!!

Last edited by joseph1; Mar 9th 2010 at 11:45 am.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

joseph1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process

Originally Posted by jergeri
I guess you better translate everything you can.
We provided our own translations, not authenticated
and expensive official translations. When it comes to
letters coming to the same address it should be enough
to translate a few letters, but include some other not translated
ones and highlight your names and addresses on the envelope/letter.
I do not think the amount of money will be so crucial in your
refusal/approval. We had 1500 GBP which proved to be enough,
but we provided many pictures, copies of emails to convince them that we were in a genuine relationship. Plus I have a job starting in two weeks of time
(I included emails between me and my prospective employer).
After a short time of waiting imy wife's applications WAS APPROVED. We are happy now and looking forward to start a new life together in Great Britain
(which is great indeed!).

jergeri

QUOTE=sika003;8051773]jergeri i am so sorry that they refused for you again, maybe you do not have enough money in your bank acount or maybe you did not translated all documents in english me too i have to translate all documents formy husband into english but i made a mistake when we applied online we made that i have 16oo but on real we have 2100 GBP. we are living together. but how you can prove to them that we are living together we live in the same address they can call me when they want and they can check. do i have to translate paper of bank acount into english too!! it has no sence for me but if you know about it please tell me. and i am still waiting on cez too to answer me.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Jergeri!

Good to hear you could do it!!happy for you! now i will start the saim and i am from hungary too!i would like to ask your help,can you tell me what kind of documents you needed exactly?i finding every day new informations and now i am confused!my e-mail [email protected] if you can please contact me!
Thanks a lot!!
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:08 am
Just Joined

nizar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am non EEA ,I married a woman holds German citizenship five months ago and I am currently residing in my country because of my work in the construction company here and my wife is in Germany because of the study and would be complemented by the end of June we got married in Germany, now I have a Schengen visa D multiple entries valid for six months l used it once to visit my wife for a week, before this visa I had a Schengen visa C also multiple for a month used for the same purpose, I have good job and income here, my wife would continue studding masters in Britain and will get the acceptance from well-known University there, her study remains two years and At the beginning we have to be together, so I will take a vacation for three months to be with her
my question is which one is better for me to apply for visa to study language or EEA family permit, What is the least risk for my case since it didn’t pass long time after marriage and we don’t live in the same country at last now, as well as I've already failed to get a tourist visa to Britain twice in 2006 the first was due to inadequate financial support and second because of the absence of a strong family link in my country .

Documents that will be with me :

1- A copy of the marriage contract
2- a copy of the passport of my wife
3- admissions from universty for my wife
4- a letter from my wife shows that I am going to travel and live with her in the UK
5- a letter from the company to explain my job and duration of my holiday
6- my bank statement
I am puzzled and I hope you can provide a proper advice and if there were any weaknesses in my application please let me know .

Thank you

Nizar
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

sika003 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys i need your help i have stressful days because of my case

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you to help me in my case . First at all I want you to know about my situation as well as it can let you help me in my case with the best way, I am Morrocan citizen married to a Polish citizen I hold a residence card valid for 2 years in Poland and I am currently with my wife in my country Morocco, my wife is pregnant and she stills has 3 months to give birth, when I were in Poland I applied for family permit visa in the British Embassy in the capital city warsaw but they refused and I had rigth to appeal, I appealed and when I came to Morocco with my wife one month ago and I recieved an email from the British Embassy they informed me that they agreed to issue for me the family permit visa for 6 months and that I have to come with my passport to the Embassy. I informed them that I am in Morocco with my wife and they told me " Unfortunately you cannot collect the visa in Morocco, only in Warsaw. The decision will be valid for 3 months. After this time you will be asked to provide fresh documents to present up-to-date circumstances." and as i read in internet that duraing this 6 months in Uk my wife should work 12 months without break and after i have right to apply for residence card which is valid for 5 years. The problem is that my wife is pregnant and I am the only one who can work at this moment and even after giving birth my wife should take care of the baby. Please I want you to advice me if is good for me to take the visa and travel with my pregnant wife to uk or not, I want to know if there is a way which can let me stay in Uk without having any problems, I want to know if I will work duraing 6 months and the visa will finish can they tell me to come back to my country or not and if my wife give birth in Uk can the Uk border agency give me residence card or not i want to know the best way to stay in Uk and create my family, if I will be in the Uk I will contact you to help me, Please if you have any questions feel free to ask so, answer me as soon as possible.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 5:37 am
Just Joined

giluk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EEA family permit

Hi, I am a Singapore citizen and my unmarried partner who is French. We both plan to move to UK together soon, therefore I've applied for the EEA family permit for unmarried couple.

According to the Entry Clearance Guidance "an unmarried partners can be considered for an EEA family permit as an extended family member if they are in a "durable relationship" with the EEA national; and that the parties have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership which has subsisted for at least 2 years".

So last week I've submitted my EEA family permit application and within 3 days I got called back from the Visa application centre here in Singapore that my application has been refused and I have a refusal stamp on the last page of my passport. This scares the hell out of me.

The EOC officer's decision was based on this " you have submitted documentary evidence to show that you and you partners have been cohabiting but this evidence does not extend back over 2 years i.e. to Feb 2009.

In fact, this is not true, I clearly submitted the original and photocopied of the tenancy agreements since we moved in together in August 2008 (2.6 years).

How could the officer refuse me and saying i don't have evident which extend back over 2 years!!!

Do you think he missed the documents? or was he purposely missed my important documents which demonstrated we have been living together as a married couple for more than 2 years?

I am so so so so angry and upset.

So now i cannot even entry UK until i get a valid visa (which for Singapore passport we don't need a visa at all).

Does anyone know if this refusal will affect my entry to other european countries like France, germany, italy etc ????

Please help!

I don't know what to do now.

Should i appeal? should i re-apply?
Old Oct 1st 2011, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

libra90210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lsos
However, I'm not entirely certain of this, as I keep seeing hints among various websites about us needing our own UK household, job(s), car, some large bank account, or something else. Since we are both in Poland and have never been to the UK, any such stipulation would surely be a great hindrance to our plans.
I am just quoting one external page which I have saved in my bookmarks since I was trying to solve a similar issue. From what I was able to find out about the EEA family permit, it requires that you already have your presence in the UK established. See here:

Code:
...An EEA Family Permit requires from the applicant 
the following: 

• The EEA-national partner must be exercising his or her 
Treaty rights in the UK (i.e. self-employment, study, 
employment, etc.).
(source: http://www.euro-dollar-currency.com/...ily_permit.htm )

Maybe if you enrolled at a school before applying, it would at least help?
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

manny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nice
Default Re: EEA family permit

Originally Posted by giluk
Hi, I am a Singapore citizen and my unmarried partner who is French. We both plan to move to UK together soon, therefore I've applied for the EEA family permit for unmarried couple.

According to the Entry Clearance Guidance "an unmarried partners can be considered for an EEA family permit as an extended family member if they are in a "durable relationship" with the EEA national; and that the parties have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership which has subsisted for at least 2 years".

So last week I've submitted my EEA family permit application and within 3 days I got called back from the Visa application centre here in Singapore that my application has been refused and I have a refusal stamp on the last page of my passport. This scares the hell out of me.

The EOC officer's decision was based on this " you have submitted documentary evidence to show that you and you partners have been cohabiting but this evidence does not extend back over 2 years i.e. to Feb 2009.

In fact, this is not true, I clearly submitted the original and photocopied of the tenancy agreements since we moved in together in August 2008 (2.6 years).

How could the officer refuse me and saying i don't have evident which extend back over 2 years!!!

Do you think he missed the documents? or was he purposely missed my important documents which demonstrated we have been living together as a married couple for more than 2 years?

I am so so so so angry and upset.

So now i cannot even entry UK until i get a valid visa (which for Singapore passport we don't need a visa at all).

Does anyone know if this refusal will affect my entry to other european countries like France, germany, italy etc ????

Please help!

I don't know what to do now.

Should i appeal? should i re-apply?

I think you should appeal and clearly state that you had included the original tenancy agreements which is dated August 2008, which was probably over-looked by the immigration officer. In addition, I would also add additional evidences that shows you have been together since 2008 (joint bank accounts), electric bill, tax bills, maybe joint-taxes etc.

The worse that will happen is that they would ask you to resubmit your application with loss of fees you paid for your rejected application but I don't see you have anything to lose from retrying for visa again.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:51 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

just wonder why you have both replied to such old posts do you have an EEA problem yourselves
Old Oct 5th 2011, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

manny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nice

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
just wonder why you have both replied to such old posts do you have an EEA problem yourselves
Sharp observation as I didn't notice the date on giluk's note.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.