British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   EEA family permit for my non EEA wife (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/eea-family-permit-my-non-eea-wife-578814/)

collegerower Oct 28th 2009 4:36 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Hi everyone,

I am new here, so I am not sure if it is okay to post my question here, or to make a new thread. I will try here first.

Now I have been living in the UK for the past 6 months on a system for recent college graduates with USA citizenship that was discontinued called BUNAC (they actually just reinstated it).

I am trying to figure out a way to return to the UK/Europe and need some help.

We are both currently living in the USA together.

My girlfriend of 2 years has duel American/German passports and I am wondering if I could move to the UK with her under the EEA Family Permit (Unmarried) system? Would her German passport enable me to live with her in the UK? Would she have to apply for a Residency Permit as she has never lived in the UK before?

Thanks for any help!

sika003 Oct 28th 2009 8:44 am

Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8049399)
thank you cez but i already applied so what i can do now make a new one please i need your help this is my skype: adn0072

you told me that 1600 GBP is not enough and i want to tell you that i made a mistacke in counting i have 2240GBP and i wrote in the application 1600 oh my god i do not know what i can do now if to enter with a new e-mail and apply for the begining or what.... please help me i have you on my skype i just wait when you can be on skype if you will not find me please leave for me message here and thank you.

sika003 Oct 28th 2009 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8051005)
you told me that 1600 GBP is not enough and i want to tell you that i made a mistacke in counting i have 2240GBP and i wrote in the application 1600 oh my god i do not know what i can do now if to enter with a new e-mail and apply for the begining or what.... please help me i have you on my skype i just wait when you can be on skype if you will not find me please leave for me message here and thank you.

Please cez if you can answer me faster i will be so gretaful coz i started again a new application i used new e-mail and i started from the begining and the fisrt application i counseled the date, i will not use it or print it anymore coz i made mistake in how much of money i have in bank i have 2140 GBP coz the pound now is 1=4.62 zl polish money and yesterday i wrote 1600. and i wrote in this new application only 15 days not 30 and i saved the application i did not finish yet because i am waiting your help so please when you will be on forum write to me or we can talk on skype i have yours. see you

jergeri Oct 28th 2009 1:56 pm

Hey sika003,

I did not tell that we were not living together. We ARE LIVING
TOGETHER like husband and wife and that's what we stated
on the form but they STILL REFUSED because according to them
we did not provide documentary evidence on this (in fact WE DID,
we sent our official HUNGARIAN ADDRESS CARD showing the same address
which they just neglected; maybe coz it wasnt translated to English...)
Please understand that everyone is having similar problems as you, we are
(I guess) not immigration experts to tell you the perfect way how to
fill that form. We are just as much knowledgeable as you or anyone
else trying to get this permit and just trying to be honest when giving
reply. I think the worst is to give false statements which might lead
to a refusal...
Thank you for wishing good luck.... Keep you all posted...

jergeri

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8051562)
Please cez if you can answer me faster i will be so gretaful coz i started again a new application i used new e-mail and i started from the begining and the fisrt application i counseled the date, i will not use it or print it anymore coz i made mistake in how much of money i have in bank i have 2140 GBP coz the pound now is 1=4.62 zl polish money and yesterday i wrote 1600. and i wrote in this new application only 15 days not 30 and i saved the application i did not finish yet because i am waiting your help so please when you will be on forum write to me or we can talk on skype i have yours. see you

sika003 Oct 28th 2009 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by jergeri (Post 8051738)
Hey sika003,

I did not tell that we were not living together. We ARE LIVING
TOGETHER like husband and wife and that's what we stated
on the form but they STILL REFUSED because according to them
we did not provide documentary evidence on this (in fact WE DID,
we sent our official HUNGARIAN ADDRESS CARD showing the same address
which they just neglected; maybe coz it wasnt translated to English...)
Please understand that everyone is having similar problems as you, we are
(I guess) not immigration experts to tell you the perfect way how to
fill that form. We are just as much knowledgeable as you or anyone
else trying to get this permit and just trying to be honest when giving
reply. I think the worst is to give false statements which might lead
to a refusal...
Thank you for wishing good luck.... Keep you all posted...

jergeri

jergeri i am so sorry that they refused for you again, maybe you do not have enough money in your bank acount or maybe you did not translated all documents in english me too i have to translate all documents formy husband into english but i made a mistake when we applied online we made that i have 16oo but on real we have 2100 GBP. we are living together. but how you can prove to them that we are living together we live in the same address they can call me when they want and they can check. do i have to translate paper of bank acount into english too!! it has no sence for me but if you know about it please tell me. and i am still waiting on cez too to answer me.

jergeri Oct 28th 2009 2:22 pm

Hi collegerower,

I guess you can apply for the EEA family permit as long as you
are in a durable relationship and you can even provide docomentary
evidence on this.
Have you tried to scan the following site?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoap...ssnationals#Q3

Regards,

Greg

Originally Posted by collegerower (Post 8050655)
Hi everyone,

I am new here, so I am not sure if it is okay to post my question here, or to make a new thread. I will try here first.

Now I have been living in the UK for the past 6 months on a system for recent college graduates with USA citizenship that was discontinued called BUNAC (they actually just reinstated it).

I am trying to figure out a way to return to the UK/Europe and need some help.

We are both currently living in the USA together.

My girlfriend of 2 years has duel American/German passports and I am wondering if I could move to the UK with her under the EEA Family Permit (Unmarried) system? Would her German passport enable me to live with her in the UK? Would she have to apply for a Residency Permit as she has never lived in the UK before?

Thanks for any help!

collegerower Oct 28th 2009 4:02 pm

Jergeri,

Thanks, I have found this site:
http://www.visabureau.com/uk/family-...unmarried.aspx

And I am wondering what kind of evidence I would have to show that we have lived together... Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Originally Posted by jergeri (Post 8051804)
Hi collegerower,

evidence on this.

Regards,

Greg

jergeri Oct 28th 2009 6:29 pm

Dear All,

I highly recommend for all of you to thoroughly
read what's included in the following site. I guess there is
no more genuine or useful information than this one
(internal guidance for use by entry clearance staff on the handling of applications made outside the United Kingdom):

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/eun...eafamilypermit

Good luck to everyone here!!! ;)

Greg

Originally Posted by jergeri (Post 8051804)
Hi collegerower,

evidence on this.

Regards,

Greg

jergeri Nov 2nd 2009 8:25 am

I guess you better translate everything you can.
We provided our own translations, not authenticated
and expensive official translations. When it comes to
letters coming to the same address it should be enough
to translate a few letters, but include some other not translated
ones and highlight your names and addresses on the envelope/letter.
I do not think the amount of money will be so crucial in your
refusal/approval. We had 1500 GBP which proved to be enough,
but we provided many pictures, copies of emails to convince them that we were in a genuine relationship. Plus I have a job starting in two weeks of time
(I included emails between me and my prospective employer).
After a short time of waiting imy wife's applications WAS APPROVED. We are happy now and looking forward to start a new life together in Great Britain
(which is great indeed!).:cool:

jergeri

QUOTE=sika003;8051773]jergeri i am so sorry that they refused for you again, maybe you do not have enough money in your bank acount or maybe you did not translated all documents in english me too i have to translate all documents formy husband into english but i made a mistake when we applied online we made that i have 16oo but on real we have 2100 GBP. we are living together. but how you can prove to them that we are living together we live in the same address they can call me when they want and they can check. do i have to translate paper of bank acount into english too!! it has no sence for me but if you know about it please tell me. and i am still waiting on cez too to answer me.[/QUOTE]

sika003 Nov 2nd 2009 11:33 am

congratulations jergeri i am happy for you, well about me i have meeting in this week with the embassy and i juat want to visit UK with my wife for 7 days that's al i translated act of marriage from polish into english and we have enough money itranslated paper of bank acount of my wife too from polish to english and my wife wrote declaration that we will travel together and come back together and we live together all the time so i don't kno how can prove more details they can check and they will know that we live togther we are marrie dmore than one year and all we want is to visit UK and come back to Poland because i want to live here not somewhere else so if you wantto tell me something please feel free to do so.

sika003 Nov 17th 2009 1:51 pm

hey well they refused my application and for so stupid reason they said that my marriage is a part of convinience, why coz they say that i followed my wife on 01/02/2009 and that we got married on 04/10/2008. but we got married in my country my wife styed with me for 66 days and later she had to come bck to hr country coz she has got studies and she had to regster our marriage in her country and then send to me invitation to come to her so all of this tooke 3 months and i got my visa to Poland and i came to my wife and my wife had to change her passport and even heridentity card with her new name i mean plus my name so they said to that in passport of my wife there is no evidencethat my wife was in morocco heheh so funny so how we got married in moocco then and i gave them act of marriage from morocco and Poland so they told me that i can aplea against this decision and they sent tome the form and they said that i have to prve more details like bills cards letters which it omesto me and my wife in th same address i have noidea what's this pullshit i proved for them a document that im iving in the same adress as my wife they have in passport of my wif the same adres as i proved but nothingg is working i don't know what the want exactly please somebody can help me in this strange case and thank you.

vampirita Dec 3rd 2009 1:47 pm

Hi Everyone,
This is my first time here. I ve been seeking for information about this special permit and found on internet this forum,
hope to have my dilemma resolved by someone experienced. Please,,,
Here is the situation..I'm a both English/Spanish guy and my wife (since 1 year and half) is non EEA citizen. We are both living in Spain (She since 2 years ago)(me all my life, but i,m bristish citizen.
at the moment she is on 5 years spanish residence. We are planning to visit england during a week for christmas. She last year went to the embassy and were refused for a normal visitor visa (no FP) because she did not satisfied the art. 41 about normal visitor and she did not brings documents like our married certificate, paylips, etc (big mistake) we knew nothing about this eea family permit.
Now we are planning to go to UK together as visitors So, this time we want to stay a week there and we understood that she has to apply for the EEA permit. We have been living together for little over then 2 years and we have supporting documents to prove that (pictures, hotel reservation, bank statement,paylips, etc.). The concern is how difficult is to get the EEA permit approved in our case? I actually i am not working since a year, but we have more than 4000 pounds saved. I receive until next year unemployment benefits for unemployment.
also i have some English family living in uk, even we think to stay in a hotel.
Is that(the first refusal or my job situation) going to be a new refusal reason in the eyes of the officers?
Is it neccessary any other economic support like house, car, family support, etc?
what are the key documents to submit?
Is it correct to buy the fly tickets before the enterview?
which documents do i need to translate exactly? cause there are a lots of copies!

In case of refusal what shall we do?

Thanks you very (so) much for help us...
pd: sorry about my english...im improving my spanish now,,,jejeje

sika003 Dec 4th 2009 12:35 pm

hey listen first thing i can tell you that you have to translate al your documents to english you don't have to go to notary just you and your wife try to translate them and your wife has to prove that she lived with you all the time like( foto,bills........) and it has no connection that you work or not the most important that both of you have got money in bank 4000GB and as you said if you want just to go there to spend one week better tell your wife to make a new application for touristic visa better than family permit because it is a hell to get it, it is like they will give you forgivness from god :blink:. but if you want reallyto apply prepare act of marriage and all other documents whichcan prove that you lived and you still live with your wife and you as a EEA citizen you should write a declaration that you are travelling with your wife it is important too and you don't have to buy tickets it has no sense they don't care for that they care for your marriageif it is real or not and if they see or notice that something is not okk they can refuse they are like that they refused for me too and for so stupid reason they said that my marriage is not real :lol: so if your real reason is just to spend one week better try touristic visa but if you want to live and work in UK then try with family permit they give for 6 months so good luck and if you need something else you can write to me by the way we are neighbours.:fingerscrossed:

vampirita Dec 5th 2009 4:41 pm

Hi, Sika003 Thanks you for helping us.
We're sorry you have been refused.
Actually my wife went to the embassy already.

Now we await the response.
Like you said this seems more complicated than they can say.
We do not understand anything of this system.

They told us if my wife asks for a visa outside the Family Permit may be refused because the f. permit is precisely to visit or live in the UK.
for that reason we are dealing with this permit.

hope that if they need we to translate documents can tell us, not simply deny.

So, now what are you going to do after this refuse?
have they given you the opportunity to demostrate your marriage? i hope so!

See you soon.

sika003 Dec 7th 2009 12:03 pm

hey thanks for supporting, well i think they are a liars because every one has rigth to make application as a tourist and as i said before if your real reason is just to visit UK so apply for touristic visa and i don't think that they will refuse specially when you can prove for them reservation from hotel in UK plus money which you have but if your reason is to live and work in Uk so then apply for family permit and be ready to enter to the hell sorry for this word but is true they will create for you a lot of problems which not needed and you will need even to make a lawyer for your wife to get this family permit, and about me they refused as i told you and they sent to me documents with form of appeal to apply against the decision, they said that i have to prove more documents that make them be sure that my marriage is real:thumbdown: and they gave me 28 days to collect documents and send to them in UK or in the british embassy where i applied, and let me tell you something from the first look on this family permit and the conditions how to get it it seems so easy but on real is a tragedy and believe me not only you or me who has problems a lot of people, if you read the forum you will run hehe:D because they refuse for almost everybody. it's a sad situation and is against the european law even because a non EEA citizen who is married with EEA citizen souldn't have any problem to get this family permit but UK doens't care for european law:zzz: anyway i wish for you good luck and if you need to talk about something else no problem and by the way your wife is from africa or from other part of the world?