British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   EEA family permit for my non EEA wife (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/eea-family-permit-my-non-eea-wife-578814/)

ceez Oct 10th 2009 2:46 pm

Re: New provision on Law of Memory from Spain

Originally Posted by solcito13 (Post 7998355)
Hi Ceez,

Haven't done this before so hopefully you see my post. I am aware of the Law of Memory that you mention above for Spaniards that went into exile during a period but I wasn't aware of a new provision. Could you elaborate a bit on this or refer me to a info link? My grandmother was Spanish but left due to economic hardship in 1914 prior to the dates of the period recognised by the Law of Memory. My dad is no longer with us so I need to apply as a grand daughter. Your help is greatly appreciated!

I would suggest you call the Spanish ministry of foreign affairs to ask or try to search it on their website. I had friends who got their nationalities in the way I explianed earlier but it´s been a while i posted that thread so I can´t really remember the link, but I´m sure I got the info for them from the Spanish Foregin affairs ministry. You can get the website of any country´s MFA thru google. Good luck.

fif Oct 15th 2009 6:48 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Originally Posted by ceez (Post 7993557)
Your non EEA spouse should normally apply for the EEA FP wothout a problem. He should be able to provide evidence showing you are both married legally and that he would either be travelling with you or joining you in the Uk. The form should be found at the www.ukvisas.gov.uk. I hope this helps you.

Hi, I'm an EEA national (Ireland) and I'm working in the UK, born in Australia. My non EEA unmarried partner applied for an EEA FP while still in Australia. When we got here, we got conflicting advice as to how to proceed. The EEA FP stuck in his passport says that it expires 6 months after it was granted. Do we need to apply for a residency permit for myself and another EEA FP now that we're here? We were hoping to travel to Western Europe and back in again over the course of the next 3 years (the duration of my employment contract), and I'm worried that an expired EEA FP will not allow him re-entry, or the right to work. Is this concern warranted? Thanks. :fingerscrossed:

jergeri Oct 19th 2009 8:50 am

Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process

Hello Everyone,

I am Hungarian national my wife is from Philippines
we married in Philippines and wish to travel to UK in a couple of weeks.
I have a job waiting and my wife applied for a family
permit early October which was refused after 2 weeks of waiting.
They stated they were satisfied that we were parties of
a marriage of convenience. The documents that were
supposedly lacking were emails showing we kept in contact
while being apart, proof of our marriage in Philippines like
photographs etc. We provided Hungarian official certificate
of permanent address but they did not take that into
consideration, they were not convinced we really lived together
in Hungary. They have even mistaken our stated address for another
different city!!! (well the difference is not big but an official should
read carefully enough to avoid establishing a false statement...)
We were naive enough to think that the official documents
would be far enough to convince them.
They werent.

My wife just filed a new application today which we hope will
convince them as this time we sent copies of emails, plenty of pictures
and letters coming to us to the same address.

It is just so humiliating to be subject to this kind of attitude.
Emails are private I guess other letters and photographs
as wel
l, but you just cant do anything else then show these.
I want to see the faces of those officials when they experience
same treatment.

Wish good luck to everyone, I hope I helped some people
by posting this.

Greg

sika003 Oct 20th 2009 8:19 am

Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process

Originally Posted by jergeri (Post 8027377)
Hello Everyone,

I am Hungarian national my wife is from Philippines
we married in Philippines and wish to travel to UK in a couple of weeks.
I have a job waiting and my wife applied for a family
permit early October which was refused after 2 weeks of waiting.
They stated they were satisfied that we were parties of
a marriage of convenience. The documents that were
supposedly lacking were emails showing we kept in contact
while being apart, proof of our marriage in Philippines like
photographs etc. We provided Hungarian official certificate
of permanent address but they did not take that into
consideration, they were not convinced we really lived together
in Hungary. They have even mistaken our stated address for another
different city!!! (well the difference is not big but an official should
read carefully enough to avoid establishing a false statement...)
We were naive enough to think that the official documents
would be far enough to convince them.
They werent.

My wife just filed a new application today which we hope will
convince them as this time we sent copies of emails, plenty of pictures
and letters coming to us to the same address.

It is just so humiliating to be subject to this kind of attitude.
Emails are private I guess other letters and photographs
as wel
l, but you just cant do anything else then show these.
I want to see the faces of those officials when they experience
same treatment.

Wish good luck to everyone, I hope I helped some people
by posting this.

Greg

hey i understand your situation it's hard but what you can do. i am european citizen and my husband non-EEA citizen and i want to apply for him for family permit visa too to take him with me to Uk we live together all the time in my country and all what we need now is address where we will live in UK this is the only problem we have because we need to prove for them the place where we will stay and live!!!! i tried to rent by internet but no one answered me i do not know what i can do in this case somebody can help me please ?

ceez Oct 22nd 2009 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8029945)
hey i understand your situation it's hard but what you can do. i am european citizen and my husband non-EEA citizen and i want to apply for him for family permit visa too to take him with me to Uk we live together all the time in my country and all what we need now is address where we will live in UK this is the only problem we have because we need to prove for them the place where we will stay and live!!!! i tried to rent by internet but no one answered me i do not know what i can do in this case somebody can help me please ?

If you have any relative living in the UK, quote her/his address saying you and your spouse will be there for only a few days. Also state that you always stay there when you visit the UK. Only make sure there´s a spare room in that house as they might need you to describe the house. Good luck!

As for my friend, the hungarian....Why don´t you avoid saying she isn´t staying with you at the moment. Or try to live with her during the application process if possible. They would ask you when you saw her last. They like to hear.."Today, I live with her" Good luck too!

sika003 Oct 24th 2009 10:00 am

Originally Posted by ceez (Post 8036542)
If you have any relative living in the UK, quote her/his address saying you and your spouse will be there for only a few days. Also state that you always stay there when you visit the UK. Only make sure there´s a spare room in that house as they might need you to describe the house. Good luck!

As for my friend, the hungarian....Why don´t you avoid saying she isn´t staying with you at the moment. Or try to live with her during the application process if possible. They would ask you when you saw her last. They like to hear.."Today, I live with her" Good luck too!

thank you for your message, i found address one of my family live in UK but in the application as i read they need to prove with documents the place where we will live, this is true or i understood wrongly, or just we need to write address and give discribtion of the apartement!!! and another questions please there is another questions in this application like what is the main purpose of your visit to UK? i want to take my husband with me to Uk because we want to worke and live in UK so what i can write please if only visit or say the truth!! and another question like how long do you intend to stay in UK? as i know they give in family permit visa 6 months so what for this questions and what i can write in it!! and the last question please they ask in this application which date do you want to travel to UK and on which day i want to leave UK if i want to travel to UK to live there for always and work so what i can write in this question too, please help me i really need your help and tell me what is exactly my husband can write for he can has the family permit because is me who wants to go and live in UK and my husband agreed about it, i want you to give me the rigth answers for they can give my husband this family permit visa and for your information we live together always our marriage now is more than one year. and how much of money oplease i need to have in my acount for my husband can be in the safe side and thank you i'm waiting your answers.

sika003 Oct 25th 2009 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8041161)
thank you for your message, i found address one of my family live in UK but in the application as i read they need to prove with documents the place where we will live, this is true or i understood wrongly, or just we need to write address and give discribtion of the apartement!!! and another questions please there is another questions in this application like what is the main purpose of your visit to UK? i want to take my husband with me to Uk because we want to worke and live in UK so what i can write please if only visit or say the truth!! and another question like how long do you intend to stay in UK? as i know they give in family permit visa 6 months so what for this questions and what i can write in it!! and the last question please they ask in this application which date do you want to travel to UK and on which day i want to leave UK if i want to travel to UK to live there for always and work so what i can write in this question too, please help me i really need your help and tell me what is exactly my husband can write for he can has the family permit because is me who wants to go and live in UK and my husband agreed about it, i want you to give me the rigth answers for they can give my husband this family permit visa and for your information we live together always our marriage now is more than one year. and how much of money oplease i need to have in my acount for my husband can be in the safe side and thank you i'm waiting your answers.

hey sorry for this a lot of questions i want to tell you that when we read the application of family permit well we found that my husband did not need to show them any accomodation because as we read in the application if my husband hold vaild residance for one of the countries EEA he doesn't need to show them any accomodation all they need is what is the main purpose of visit to UK and how long and from when it can start really this is what i found and because my husband live with me in my country he is not european citizen but we life together long time from the time he came to my country so please all what i need from you now is what i can write in this paim purpose of visit to uk and how long and if he can write he is unemployed or support my spouse? and please tell me hos long they give in this visa and if my husband should go alone to apply in british embassy or i should go with him or we can sen by post please tell us what is the best sollution and thank i'm waiting your answer.

jergeri Oct 26th 2009 8:38 am

Hi sika003,

We are facing the same problems and questions,
to the question "how long you intend to stay" we replied
five years... "what is your purpose of stay" we replied
work and live in UK. Regarding whether to accompany
your husband or not, I dont think this is a good idea as they
even recommend not to take any family members if possible.
This is probably due to their intention to avoid lots of people
gathering at the Embassy unnecessarily as they need to scan
anyone who enters. Moreover I doubt that you can have any
influence on the application process when you appear in front of them. All they do in that British hub is verify that the photocopies you provide
are genuine, take your documents and register the application
then inform you about the expected processing time.
Our application which my wife filed in Budapest is processed in Warsaw
I guess you can have NO INFLUENCE on the whole thing expect you
provide all the relevant documents.
What if you do not worry too much, try to submit your application
gather all the documents they require (DO NOT FORGET to attach
proof of your genuine relationship like letters or bills coming to you to
the same address, emails, text messages, personal videos (if you possess any), travelling tickets etc. The process generally takes up to 15 days
then if its refused you can still submit another application for FREE.

Good luck,

I'll keep you posted of our results...

Greg

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8044084)
hey sorry for this a lot of questions i want to tell you that when we read the application of family permit well we found that my husband did not need to show them any accomodation because as we read in the application if my husband hold vaild residance for one of the countries EEA he doesn't need to show them any accomodation all they need is what is the main purpose of visit to UK and how long and from when it can start really this is what i found and because my husband live with me in my country he is not european citizen but we life together long time from the time he came to my country so please all what i need from you now is what i can write in this paim purpose of visit to uk and how long and if he can write he is unemployed or support my spouse? and please tell me hos long they give in this visa and if my husband should go alone to apply in british embassy or i should go with him or we can sen by post please tell us what is the best sollution and thank i'm waiting your answer.

sika003 Oct 26th 2009 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by jergeri (Post 8045245)
Hi sika003,

We are facing the same problems and questions,
to the question "how long you intend to stay" we replied
five years... "what is your purpose of stay" we replied
work and live in UK. Regarding whether to accompany
your husband or not, I dont think this is a good idea as they
even recommend not to take any family members if possible.
This is probably due to their intention to avoid lots of people
gathering at the Embassy unnecessarily as they need to scan
anyone who enters. Moreover I doubt that you can have any
influence on the application process when you appear in front of them. All they do in that British hub is verify that the photocopies you provide
are genuine, take your documents and register the application
then inform you about the expected processing time.
Our application which my wife filed in Budapest is processed in Warsaw
I guess you can have NO INFLUENCE on the whole thing expect you
provide all the relevant documents.
What if you do not worry too much, try to submit your application
gather all the documents they require (DO NOT FORGET to attach
proof of your genuine relationship like letters or bills coming to you to
the same address, emails, text messages, personal videos (if you possess any), travelling tickets etc. The process generally takes up to 15 days
then if its refused you can still submit another application for FREE.

Good luck,

I'll keep you posted of our results...

Greg

hey jergeri thank you for your message, i do not know how it is your situation but as i noticed from your words you do not live with your wife that's why you have to prove many things as sms,photos, videos.... but my case is different i live with my husband all the time and he holds residence permit card in Poland so i think i do not nned to prove for them anything like sms...... coz we live together and they can check if they want!! but the problem which i have now that i called the british embassy and they told me that my husband can apply for this family permit online and print this application from my computer and send with it all relevant documents as act of marriage, bank acount and residence card of my husband plus his passport and mine, but i do not know what i can write in the main purpose of visit UK if to write only visit or that he wants to go to search work and live in UK and another problem how long to write if they give in this family permit 6 months so do i have to write 6 months or less or more as you coz you wrote 5 years it's a lot!!! so please if you can guide me in this i will be greatful and good luck in your application

ceez Oct 26th 2009 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8044084)

Well first I have to say that you would write an address of where you would stay while in the UK. It´s in that form. Remember to choose the right visa form from the 1st time (EEA family)....You can say the purpose of your trip is Tourism. It´s an added advantage that he has EEA permit in your country already though the visa issuance is not determined by that as you are applying under the EEA/EU law. It only gives him a legal reason to apply from your country. You can write you want to stay for a few days as they would most likely give you 6 months (frst). It´s gonna be a multi entry type of permit so you can always go back. Yes he can go to apply alone cos most times they don´t even let you in with him. If there is an evidence of work it´s ok and if not , he can write UNEMPLOYED in his form. But you as the spouse have to have a job to support with your slips and bank statements or evidence of self sufficence (bank slips, properties etc). He should apply online, print the forms out with additional documents. He has to go physically cos they would need his biometric prints. I´ve been asked to switch off for take off so I hope I got all your Q. Let me know what else you need. Good luck!

sika003 Oct 26th 2009 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by ceez (Post 8046161)
Well first I have to say that you would write an address of where you would stay while in the UK. It´s in that form. Remember to choose the right visa form from the 1st time (EEA family)....You can say the purpose of your trip is Tourism. It´s an added advantage that he has EEA permit in your country already though the visa issuance is not determined by that as you are applying under the EEA/EU law. It only gives him a legal reason to apply from your country. You can write you want to stay for a few days as they would most likely give you 6 months (frst). It´s gonna be a multi entry type of permit so you can always go back. Yes he can go to apply alone cos most times they don´t even let you in with him. If there is an evidence of work it´s ok and if not , he can write UNEMPLOYED in his form. But you as the spouse have to have a job to support with your slips and bank statements or evidence of self sufficence (bank slips, properties etc). He should apply online, print the forms out with additional documents. He has to go physically cos they would need his biometric prints. I´ve been asked to switch off for take off so I hope I got all your Q. Let me know what else you need. Good luck!

thank you so much for message yes you are rigth and you know what i'm so depressed because we found family permit application and we printed it and when i called to day the british embassy what i should do she said to me that my husband has to apply online and as you said the rest documents..... but i found different application online than which they gave in website and i found many questions whcih i didn't know how i can apply for them as WAS THIS MARRIAGE ARRANGED? and DO THE EEA NATIONAL HAVE NATIONAL INSSURENCE NUMBER? and HOW MUCH I SPEND EVERY MONTH AND HOW MUCH MY HUSBAND SPEND EVERY MONTH and IF MY HUSBAND INTEND TO WORK IN UK ? when i wrote yes they told me to write more details about work but what details i can write !!!! and something else i do not work i just finished my studies and i am searching work and i want to take my husband with me to work and live in UK and my parents support us financially and i have in my bank acount 1600 GBP from my parents. so please what i can do now what i can write in all this questions and if i will write that i want to visit UK WITH my husband for 1 month it can be good or not!! please if you loooked for this application i want you to give me answers for all complicated questions i will be waiting your answer as soon as possible coz i'm applaying online and i do not want to do mistakes so i will be waiting your answer and thank you so much

sika003 Oct 27th 2009 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8046269)
thank you so much for message yes you are rigth and you know what i'm so depressed because we found family permit application and we printed it and when i called to day the british embassy what i should do she said to me that my husband has to apply online and as you said the rest documents..... but i found different application online than which they gave in website and i found many questions whcih i didn't know how i can apply for them as WAS THIS MARRIAGE ARRANGED? and DO THE EEA NATIONAL HAVE NATIONAL INSSURENCE NUMBER? and HOW MUCH I SPEND EVERY MONTH AND HOW MUCH MY HUSBAND SPEND EVERY MONTH and IF MY HUSBAND INTEND TO WORK IN UK ? when i wrote yes they told me to write more details about work but what details i can write !!!! and something else i do not work i just finished my studies and i am searching work and i want to take my husband with me to work and live in UK and my parents support us financially and i have in my bank acount 1600 GBP from my parents. so please what i can do now what i can write in all this questions and if i will write that i want to visit UK WITH my husband for 1 month it can be good or not!! please if you loooked for this application i want you to give me answers for all complicated questions i will be waiting your answer as soon as possible coz i'm applaying online and i do not want to do mistakes so i will be waiting your answer and thank you so much

hey ceez where are you i'm waiting your answer. my husband applied online and he did the same as you told me that he wants to visit UK with me and he wants to stay for 30 days and he found a question: do you intend to work in Uk? so he answered no i hope it was the good answer and he chose a date when he can go to embassy but first i would like to know if that my husband wrote he does not intend to work in UK can not le him work in UK if he will have family permit? or it can not change anything, and something els they did not ask him for the place where we will stay in UKthey did not gave him this in the application it was many questions like how much we spend in a month.... so please can you tell me if we wrote the good answers because the real reason for my husband is to go and work in UK.please i'm waiting your answer as soon as possible and thank you.

ceez Oct 27th 2009 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8049223)
hey ceez where are you i'm waiting your answer. my husband applied online and he did the same as you told me that he wants to visit UK with me and he wants to stay for 30 days and he found a question: do you intend to work in Uk? so he answered no i hope it was the good answer and he chose a date when he can go to embassy but first i would like to know if that my husband wrote he does not intend to work in UK can not le him work in UK if he will have family permit? or it can not change anything, and something els they did not ask him for the place where we will stay in UKthey did not gave him this in the application it was many questions like how much we spend in a month.... so please can you tell me if we wrote the good answers because the real reason for my husband is to go and work in UK.please i'm waiting your answer as soon as possible and thank you.

Hi sorry my work takes most of my time...You see if you have 1600 GBP in your account and request he stays 30 day in the UK the will refuse you cos it´s a long time to sustain both of you with 1600GBP giving the fact that you aren´t already living in the UK. Well I hope "expats" understands. You can find me on skype: cez_work...I can assist you a little more with the form. When you are through with it please post your process here for anyone else who would need the help. Good luck!
Good luck!

ceez Oct 27th 2009 7:25 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Originally Posted by fif (Post 8019534)
Hi, I'm an EEA national (Ireland) and I'm working in the UK, born in Australia. My non EEA unmarried partner applied for an EEA FP while still in Australia. When we got here, we got conflicting advice as to how to proceed. The EEA FP stuck in his passport says that it expires 6 months after it was granted. Do we need to apply for a residency permit for myself and another EEA FP now that we're here? We were hoping to travel to Western Europe and back in again over the course of the next 3 years (the duration of my employment contract), and I'm worried that an expired EEA FP will not allow him re-entry, or the right to work. Is this concern warranted? Thanks. :fingerscrossed:

Sorry this came late. He may apply for the card after the FP on the passport. The card is valid for 5 years. Would you want to visit another EEA country (schengen) , I think he would need to apply for a visa as they aren´t in agreement with the UK. Some EU/EEA laws permit him free movements but they are almost always practically impossible.

sika003 Oct 27th 2009 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by ceez (Post 8049263)
Hi sorry my work takes most of my time...You see if you have 1600 GBP in your account and request he stays 30 day in the UK the will refuse you cos it´s a long time to sustain both of you with 1600GBP giving the fact that you aren´t already living in the UK. Well I hope "expats" understands. You can find me on skype: cez_work...I can assist you a little more with the form. When you are through with it please post your process here for anyone else who would need the help. Good luck!
Good luck!

thank you cez but i already applied so what i can do now make a new one please i need your help this is my skype: adn0072