EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

tevel3 is a jewel in the roughtevel3 is a jewel in the roughtevel3 is a jewel in the roughtevel3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Originally Posted by unknow
HELLO,BEBO.UR SITUATION SAMW MINE.MY HISB.IS EU,I AM NON EU.FOR US WAS VERRY BIG PROBLEM TO COME IN UK.RESIDENCE PERMIT DOES NOT HELP UR WIFE.FOU U IT WILL BE PROBLEM,IF U HAVE NOT BEEN IN UK. AFTER MARRIAGE I DID APPLY FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT AS WELL.(I JUST RECEIVED,AFTER 7 MONTHS)WE DIDN'T PROOG OUR MARRIAGE,I ONLY BROUGHT 4 FOTOS.FOR THE FIRST TIME I GET REFUSED,BECAUSE MY HUSB.HAS NOT BEEN IN UK,HE CAN'T SUPPORT ME(I BROUGHT LETTERS FROM 2 BANKS)THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT RESIDENCE PERMIT.FOR THE SECOND TIME I BROUGHT LETTER,WHERE I EXPLAINED WHERE DID I TAKE MONEY IN BANK,I PROOF,THAT WE HAVE MONEY TO SUPPORT OURSELF IN UK.I HAD LETTER,THAT WE HAVE PLACE WHERE TO LIVE.WAS REALLY-REALLY BIG PROBLEM,BUT IN THE END WE ARE IN UK.
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!?!?
TURN caps OFF!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

choc is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Dewi Ariati

I completely understand because i was and am in the same situation.

I will be applying for a 5 year schegen visa soon, but i would like to apply for a hungarian residence card and id, do you know how i would be able to go about this. I am south african and my husband is hungarian and we were told that i will have to live in hungary for 5 years before i will be able to qualify for a passport but this was also a few years back, any advice would be great. I do want duel citizenship.

Originally Posted by Dewi Ariati
I am Indonesian, married to Hungarian on 2007. At the moment we are living in UK, London, specifically. until this time, we are still struggle with the bureaucratic thing which is going on inside the home office.

I am applying for extending my EEA family permit, since I am not EU citizen, I sent it on March 13, 2009 and until this time I heard nothing about it. The package I sent them was all the document belong to me and my husband, and I checked by Royal mail, it's been delivered. But until this time, the home office didn't even send me any letter,....so, as I could say, I am alien,...I have no ID, no letter, couldn't even register to hospital, because I need my ID to see the doctor.

Well, I tried to call the home office twice, but it seems like they are untouchable. I was waiting on the line for many hours, not every call you could reach them, if you trust me,...I tried for couple days until finally I got somebody answer it.

Guess what I heard? zero!!! She didn't even ask my name, or date of birth, not even took my package reference number, no help at all.
She gave me another phone number to deal with anything considering about EEA.
Then I called it, it was machine who answer the phone, and said," we are not sharing information during your visa process".
What was that??? could somebody please, explain that to me?
I hired a visa adviser service, she barely can't answer me.

I got refusal once when I apply for EEA family permit on the first time in Budapest, Hungary, 2008. And then the second one I should wait for 42 days until I got the answer, which by the website should taken max 30 days.
They gave me the visa for 6 months, I was working and studying, everything was OK, I even receive my national insurance number.

Then, when I need to extend it, my visa adviser said, it should take at least 3 months for the process, but I will receive a letter from home office ONCE they received my package for my temporary ID, which proof I am eligible to work and living in UK.

I sent two complain letter to home office about my case, first I did online by their public inquiry email address, and the second one I sent it by post,....but only God knows on which desk my letter's on.
I am just wondering, to where else I could report this situation?

That passport is belong to me, along with those important document, and how could they even threat me like this, what am I supposed to do if I have emergency to leave the country, if I got sick and need to see the doctor, if I got injured or accident, and I need to provide an ID in police department? I am trapped, here in UK, no way out.
If they could call this country ruled by law,...which part of it????
I wish I never come to this country,....what a nightmare!!!!

I passed the job interviews, I even had 2 jobs awaiting, but I can't make it because all I need just that LETTER from the home office.
My husband has to work extra to support our family, which I could make it easier while working, I feel being humiliated and believe me, I am suffering for all these matter. For the people who want to come here, and definitely need visa for entering UK,.....please don't get me wrong,....take your time, think twice or several times before you come here to UK. But, if you really decided, and hopefully could make to come here,...I wish you all the best, Goodluck!!

I hold a stay permit visa for schengen countries for 5 years, and I even have a residence card from Hungarian government for whole life, but I didn't change my nationality, and I need to wait for 3 years marriage to apply for Hungarian passport, which I still couldn't decide, because in my country it's a crime to have dual nationality.

A friend of mine got married with British citizen, and she should wait up to 2 years to get everything done.

I don't mean to frightening anybody, I am just telling you my experience,......I do welcome all your critics and suggestion.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light

My gf is 1/4 Spaniard, 1/4 French, but has non EU passport, her grandparents didn't apply for own kids citizenship abroad. I would like to know, if Spanish or French residency can help her to get any British residency? I found that Spanish citizenship is extended to grandchildren abroad, but I know nothing about paperwork, costs, time, etc. If someone knows,please let me know, maybe she is eligible to have French citizenship if her grandmother is French, can't find any information about it and French embassy said nothing so far. On Spanish or French passport she has no any problems to enter the UK.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 3:23 am
Just Joined

sevlievo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone, I have the same case, My wife is EEA, I am Canadian, we live in EEA country for 20 years, we have children who are EEA, I have Permanent Residency Card in France for more than 17 years, i have no intention to become a citizen of france, I work for the all those years in france as a doctor. we are starting to gather documents and relocate in UK.
My wife will cont. to take care of the kids and i am the only one who will work in UK. my question are open to anyone who can help:
Can we apply for the family permit from canada or from France? Can we go without job offer? as I know there is no problem for me to work as a doctor in UK (many offers).
what is the average waiting time for processing the family Permit visa?
many thanks , I will appr. your help.

john

Originally Posted by MelanieN
Dear Bebo,
I just wanted to write a reply because your situation seems quite similar to mine and I wanted to let you know how it's all going...
I'm an Australian married to an Italian and we are currently in Rome but awaiting the EEA Family permit to move to the UK.
We were married in Australia Jan 2008, civilly, then church wedding Rome September 2008.
I applied for the permesso di soggiorno after our civil marriage - due to mistakes in the italian system nothing was done and my husband and I had to constantly chase it up.
I would recommend that you and your wife (when you are married - and auguri!!!!) take ALL your documents to the foreigners visa centre and wait in line for 6 hours or so there. You will probably have to go back a few times as you know how backward the italian system is!
Make sure you have multiple copies of documents, photos, etc. I forget exactly what you need, best to check online.
I received my Permesso di Soggiorno in October - but if I had gone directly to the foreigners centre I would have had it much sooner.
Go with your wife if you possibly can because being able to speak italian makes all the difference - when I went by myself, and I speak passable italian, they were incredibly rude and unhelpful.
OK - so once you have your wife's Permesso di Soggiorno you can apply for the EEA family Permit. You may well be able to apply before you receive it as long as you have all the legal marriage paperwork, I'm not sure.
The application for the EEA family permit is quite straightforward - it needs to be done online through WorldBridge Services.
Although they do ask for proof of address in the UK and proof of employment - something to think about! Also, proof of funds.
I submitted my application online on January 11th 2009.
I visited the WorldBridge Centre on the 12th january to submit all my back-up papers and to give biometric fingerprints and photos.
They took both my passport and my husbands and since then we have heard nothing. I am checking the status of my application online several times a day but as yet - nothing. Bit of a nightmare as we are meant to be travelling to Sweden on Saturday!
Cross fingers we know by Friday!
So - there you go. I'll keep you posted if and when I receive the EEA Family Permit!
Good luck with everything!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Dewi Ariati is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Choc,...I am sorry for my late reply, I was away for a week long.

If I don't get it wrong you were asking an advice for getting dual nationality?
Well, I think it depends on every government policy each country.
As I can say, in Hungary it's legal to hold dual citizenship, but in my country, Indonesia, it's a crime, and will be charge straight to the court. So, I don't know how is it for South Africa.

About Hungarian passport, as I got information from the Hungarian immigration office last year (2008) they were saying that I could apply for Hungarian citizenship only if I already married for minimum 3 years length.
Thus, I should join the examination which all about Hungarian Historical Scheme in Hungarian language (of course). The officer lady said, it's not all about score point you earn, actually it's OK if you don't know the answer, but they just want to see that you could speak Hungarian fluent. After all, they will process your documents, I don't know for how long, but I only knew that you will get your ID first, and then the passport.

For resident card, it's different story. Once you apply for the stay permit visa (for 5 years), while waiting for the process, you'll receive the card by post.
But it's just prove that you are living at the address written on the card, nothing else more than that, unless you need to show it to the police or bank.

For applying the stay permit, you should go together with your husband to the immigration office (Bevandorlasi Hivatal), it depends on which region your husband living, for example, we were living in Magocs, so we went to the office at Pecs. At the office, they will tell you what documents and forms you need to full fill, including marriage certificate that you need to bring it to the Legal Hungarian Translator along with their legal stamp on it, and you need to pay extra for that, I don't really remember, probably around 8.000 forint. Plus bank account which cover living cost for at least one year in Hungary, along with prove of house certificate in Hungary where you will live at. If you share the house, you need to collect statement from every household, I guess,...saying that they are agree to share the house with you.
Your husband need to give them letter of employment, it will be better if he could submit the bill for the house on his name as well, but it isn't necessary. They will need to keep your passport for whole process. If everything alright, then you'll get your passport along with the five years visa in around 2 weeks.
That visa you could use for traveling, studying, living and working all over Schengen countries.

I hope I gave you enough information here but if you'd like to get in touch, please email me at [email protected] , let me see what I could help you.
For the rest of user, please excuse me for the length of my writing. Cheers.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sevlievo
Hi Everyone, I have the same case, My wife is EEA, I am Canadian, we live in EEA country for 20 years, we have children who are EEA, I have Permanent Residency Card in France for more than 17 years, i have no intention to become a citizen of france,
Why not?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

sevlievo is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the life in france and maybe I will never go back home. here is my family but I feel I am not ready to become a citizen.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

ceez is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Originally Posted by Conrad242
My gf is 1/4 Spaniard, 1/4 French, but has non EU passport, her grandparents didn't apply for own kids citizenship abroad. I would like to know, if Spanish or French residency can help her to get any British residency? I found that Spanish citizenship is extended to grandchildren abroad, but I know nothing about paperwork, costs, time, etc. If someone knows,please let me know, maybe she is eligible to have French citizenship if her grandmother is French, can't find any information about it and French embassy said nothing so far. On Spanish or French passport she has no any problems to enter the UK.

@ conrad242:
Spain began accepting citizenship applications from the descendants of people who went into exile after its brutal 1936-39 Civil War, part of a 2007 law meant to address the painful legacy of the conflict and the ensuing dictatorship of Gen Francisco Franco. But a new provision approved also allows anyone whose parents or grandparents were born in Spain but went overseas because of their political beliefs or economic hardship to become Spanish citizens.
Spain has said 500,000 people around the world could qualify to become Spaniards. If she isn´t 21 yet, her grand parents can re adopt her and make it faster for her.

Last edited by ceez; Aug 2nd 2009 at 11:25 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

sika003 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everyone. i'm polish citizen and my husband non EEA citizen and we want to move and live in UK. we looked rfor many websites... and we found that my husband needs to apply for family permit i want to know what conditions my husband needs to get family permit and what documents we need to prepare and if my husband will not find any problems to have family permit thank you
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA husband

hey everyone. i'm polish citizen and my husband non EEA citizen and we want to move and live in UK. we looked rfor many websites... and we found that my husband needs to apply for family permit i want to know what conditions my husband needs to get family permit and what documents we need to prepare and if my husband will not find any problems to have family permit thank you
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Originally Posted by sika003

Your non EEA spouse should normally apply for the EEA FP wothout a problem. He should be able to provide evidence showing you are both married legally and that he would either be travelling with you or joining you in the Uk. The form should be found at the www.ukvisas.gov.uk. I hope this helps you.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sevlievo
I like the life in france and maybe I will never go back home. here is my family but I feel I am not ready to become a citizen.

Sevlievo sorry for this late response. I was on a long trip and didn´t check this thread till last week. I´m sure you would have applied and already gotten the FP visa you needed. First, you don´t need any job offer to have a family permit visa if you don´t state that the purpose of your trip is to work. I will suggest you apply for to visit the UK with your spouse. This can take up to 15 days in the case of applying from Spain. I´ve seen people get it in 2 and 3 working days too. I will also apply from France if I were you since France is an EEA state and you have parmanent residency there. One thing I noticed is that having legal residency in an EEA state you apply from could speeden the process...... Well I guess I gave you all the info already. Good luck!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Default Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA husband

Originally Posted by ceez
Your non EEA spouse should normally apply for the EEA FP wothout a problem. He should be able to provide evidence showing you are both married legally and that he would either be travelling with you or joining you in the Uk. The form should be found at the www.ukvisas.gov.uk. I hope this helps you.
thank you so much for your information. but i have many questions i called the british embassy and they didn't help me a lot i don't know why anyway they said that it depends on me if i want to apply online or go to them but i prefer to go to them coz i'm afraid if i send all my original documents passport act of marriage...etc. they will be lost as i read in many forums. so if i want to go with my husband tp apply for family permit we need to call british embassy to give us a date or what? and something else where i can find good websites to rent rooms, apartement... coz we need to show them in embassy many documents such as accomodation bank acount...etc.i have all documents which they need despite accomodation, in your website i couldn't find family permit to apply for but i have already application of family permit in my computer please i would like from you to tell me what i need to do from all sides and thank you so much for your help
Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Sevlievo sorry for this late response. I was on a long trip and didn´t check this thread till last week. I´m sure you would have applied and already gotten the FP visa you needed. First, you don´t need any job offer to have a family permit visa if you don´t state that the purpose of your trip is to work. I will suggest you apply for to visit the UK with your spouse. This can take up to 15 days in the case of applying from Spain. I´ve seen people get it in 2 and 3 working days too. I will also apply from France if I were you since France is an EEA state and you have parmanent residency there. One thing I noticed is that having legal residency in an EEA state you apply from could speeden the process...... Well I guess I gave you all the info already. Good luck!
thank you for your information. First my husband didn't apply yet coz we want to know what exactly we should do and i found application for family permit online which i can print,and i found in this application questions like the main purpose of visiting UK, and how long the person wants to stay in UK with giving dates of going and coming back and like:
Employed full time, please go to 5.2
Employed part-time, please go to 5.2
Self-employed, please go to 5.2
Unemployed, please go to 5.9
Student, please give details of the course and institution you attend in the box provided; then go to 5.2
Retired, please go to 5.9
Supported by spouse / partner / other family member, please give full details in the box, including their relationship to you; then go to 5.9
Other, please give details, then go to 5.2
and my husband is unemployed and we are living with my parents who support me financially i can say with money i don't have any problem but like this kind of questions we didn't know what we can write so please i want your help and i want from you to tell me what's the best we can write in this questions my husband has got diploma and he speaks 3 languages and i speak english too and i have diploma in teaching english to children so i hope you understand my situation now the best place for me and my husband is UK i'm waiting your answer.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

solcito13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New provision on Law of Memory from Spain

@ conrad242:
Spain began accepting citizenship applications from the descendants of people who went into exile after its brutal 1936-39 Civil War, part of a 2007 law meant to address the painful legacy of the conflict and the ensuing dictatorship of Gen Francisco Franco. But a new provision approved also allows anyone whose parents or grandparents were born in Spain but went overseas because of their political beliefs or economic hardship to become Spanish citizens.
Spain has said 500,000 people around the world could qualify to become Spaniards. If she isn´t 21 yet, her grand parents can re adopt her and make it faster for her.
Hi Ceez,

Haven't done this before so hopefully you see my post. I am aware of the Law of Memory that you mention above for Spaniards that went into exile during a period but I wasn't aware of a new provision. Could you elaborate a bit on this or refer me to a info link? My grandmother was Spanish but left due to economic hardship in 1914 prior to the dates of the period recognised by the Law of Memory. My dad is no longer with us so I need to apply as a grand daughter. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.