British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   EEA family permit for my non EEA wife (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/eea-family-permit-my-non-eea-wife-578814/)

bebo Dec 16th 2008 11:21 am

EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
Hello everyone..I'm new to this forum and hope to have my dilemma resolved by someone experienced.
Here is the situation..I'm an Italian and my girlfriend is non EEA citizen. We are both living in Italy at the moment and she is on shengen visa, but since we are planning to marry here she will get her residency in Italy.Soon after the marriage we are planning to go to UK and live there and we understood that she has to apply for the EEA permit. We have been together for little over then 2 years and we have supporting documents to prove that (pictures,flight tickets, hotel reservation, bank statement, e mails, SMS, passport stamps etc..). The concern is how difficult is to get the EEA permit approved since we are planning to apply for it soon after the marriage. Is that going to look suspicious (arranged marriage) in the eyes of the officers????

dreamercon Dec 21st 2008 2:58 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
Unless there is something unusual about your case, you should have no trouble getting an EEA permit. Your wife can apply for italian citizenship after three years of marriage, (even while living outside italy) and you both should apply for permanent residency five years after you arrive in the UK.


Originally Posted by bebo (Post 7072322)
Hello everyone..I'm new to this forum and hope to have my dilemma resolved by someone experienced.
Here is the situation..I'm an Italian and my girlfriend is non EEA citizen. We are both living in Italy at the moment and she is on shengen visa, but since we are planning to marry here she will get her residency in Italy.Soon after the marriage we are planning to go to UK and live there and we understood that she has to apply for the EEA permit. We have been together for little over then 2 years and we have supporting documents to prove that (pictures,flight tickets, hotel reservation, bank statement, e mails, SMS, passport stamps etc..). The concern is how difficult is to get the EEA permit approved since we are planning to apply for it soon after the marriage. Is that going to look suspicious (arranged marriage) in the eyes of the officers????


bebo Dec 21st 2008 9:57 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
hi dreamercon
thankx for answering.we read many things in regard and it should not be any trouble, but unfortunately the Italian bureaucracy is the slowest in the world, and after i get married in order to apply for the EEA Family Permit i will have to wait 7/8 months for the " Carta di Soggiorno"(my wife's legal residency in Italy) to be issued, which pisses me off soo badly!I will appeal to Solvit!!! I don t see any other Solution

dreamercon Dec 21st 2008 2:32 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
You can apply for an EEA family permit from your wife's country of citizenship instead of applying from italy if that is faster.


Originally Posted by bebo (Post 7087729)
hi dreamercon
thankx for answering.we read many things in regard and it should not be any trouble, but unfortunately the Italian bureaucracy is the slowest in the world, and after i get married in order to apply for the EEA Family Permit i will have to wait 7/8 months for the " Carta di Soggiorno"(my wife's legal residency in Italy) to be issued, which pisses me off soo badly!I will appeal to Solvit!!! I don t see any other Solution


bebo Dec 21st 2008 3:28 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
that s what we thought, but since my wife is from Macedonia we are afraid that is going to be little risky and be denied the permit.

steveedgar Dec 23rd 2008 6:59 pm

EEA family permit for my non EEA partner
 
My partner (we are not married) is a non EEA citizen. We have a baby who is a UK citizen with own passport. We have travelled to UK and Schengen for short visits. I currently have my office and residence in France but have been living with my partner and son in the non EEA country for the last 3 years. We are thinking of making our base in UK even if I maintain my consultancy business registered in France. As mother of a UK citizen, what right does my partner have to a EEA family permit?
Any ideas?

dreamercon Dec 23rd 2008 11:03 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA partner
 
Normally, the unmarried partner gets no benefit just by having an EU citizen child. However, a recent court case may change things a bit to your favor - check this out for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_case

However, if you can prove that you have been living with your partner for two years or more in a relationship akin go marriage, your partner may be able to live in the UK based on her relationship with you.


Originally Posted by steveedgar (Post 7095163)
My partner (we are not married) is a non EEA citizen. We have a baby who is a UK citizen with own passport. We have travelled to UK and Schengen for short visits. I currently have my office and residence in France but have been living with my partner and son in the non EEA country for the last 3 years. We are thinking of making our base in UK even if I maintain my consultancy business registered in France. As mother of a UK citizen, what right does my partner have to a EEA family permit?
Any ideas?


JAJ Dec 29th 2008 5:56 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA partner
 

Originally Posted by dreamercon (Post 7095816)
Normally, the unmarried partner gets no benefit just by having an EU citizen child. However, a recent court case may change things a bit to your favor - check this out for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_case

However, if you can prove that you have been living with your partner for two years or more in a relationship akin go marriage, your partner may be able to live in the UK based on her relationship with you.

Chen case doesn't apply in most situations as it does not give rights to work.

He can sponsor for a regular U.K. unmarried partners visa if he is a British citizen.

MelanieN Jan 21st 2009 11:22 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
Dear Bebo,
I just wanted to write a reply because your situation seems quite similar to mine and I wanted to let you know how it's all going...
I'm an Australian married to an Italian and we are currently in Rome but awaiting the EEA Family permit to move to the UK.
We were married in Australia Jan 2008, civilly, then church wedding Rome September 2008.
I applied for the permesso di soggiorno after our civil marriage - due to mistakes in the italian system nothing was done and my husband and I had to constantly chase it up.
I would recommend that you and your wife (when you are married - and auguri!!!!) take ALL your documents to the foreigners visa centre and wait in line for 6 hours or so there. You will probably have to go back a few times as you know how backward the italian system is!
Make sure you have multiple copies of documents, photos, etc. I forget exactly what you need, best to check online.
I received my Permesso di Soggiorno in October - but if I had gone directly to the foreigners centre I would have had it much sooner.
Go with your wife if you possibly can because being able to speak italian makes all the difference - when I went by myself, and I speak passable italian, they were incredibly rude and unhelpful.
OK - so once you have your wife's Permesso di Soggiorno you can apply for the EEA family Permit. You may well be able to apply before you receive it as long as you have all the legal marriage paperwork, I'm not sure.
The application for the EEA family permit is quite straightforward - it needs to be done online through WorldBridge Services.
Although they do ask for proof of address in the UK and proof of employment - something to think about! Also, proof of funds.
I submitted my application online on January 11th 2009.
I visited the WorldBridge Centre on the 12th january to submit all my back-up papers and to give biometric fingerprints and photos.
They took both my passport and my husbands and since then we have heard nothing. I am checking the status of my application online several times a day but as yet - nothing. Bit of a nightmare as we are meant to be travelling to Sweden on Saturday!
Cross fingers we know by Friday!
So - there you go. I'll keep you posted if and when I receive the EEA Family Permit!
Good luck with everything!

sherrivoncherry May 15th 2009 5:24 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
Hi Im responding Because I have a lot of quistions Im american married to an Italian for 5 years I have permanent residance in Italy my husband is getting a job transfer possible to London in July we just found out. Im curious the best way to go about processing my papers can I apply for my visas from the uk once I am there even if I cannot work I just want to be living in Rome while hes in London. Any help would be great... thanks sherri:p

JAJ May 16th 2009 1:49 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 

Originally Posted by sherrivoncherry (Post 7575393)
Hi Im responding Because I have a lot of quistions Im american married to an Italian for 5 years I have permanent residance in Italy my husband is getting a job transfer possible to London in July we just found out. Im curious the best way to go about processing my papers can I apply for my visas from the uk once I am there even if I cannot work I just want to be living in Rome while hes in London. Any help would be great... thanks sherri:p

Start at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Are you ok to abandon your permanent residence in Italy without becoming an Italian citizen?

sherrivoncherry May 16th 2009 10:24 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
Yes I am.it would take another 3 and a half years to get my citizenship here and we could always reapply once the job ends in the UK but hopefully not were both ready to leave Italy. and I have read through all the uk visa information it still does not answer my questions. and Im looking for people that have already been through this

sherrivoncherry May 16th 2009 10:25 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
Can I apply for my Visa from the UK while entering on a tourist visa if my husband gets the job that is the question??? help please?

unknow Jun 10th 2009 9:10 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 

Originally Posted by bebo (Post 7072322)
Hello everyone..I'm new to this forum and hope to have my dilemma resolved by someone experienced.
Here is the situation..I'm an Italian and my girlfriend is non EEA citizen. We are both living in Italy at the moment and she is on shengen visa, but since we are planning to marry here she will get her residency in Italy.Soon after the marriage we are planning to go to UK and live there and we understood that she has to apply for the EEA permit. We have been together for little over then 2 years and we have supporting documents to prove that (pictures,flight tickets, hotel reservation, bank statement, e mails, SMS, passport stamps etc..). The concern is how difficult is to get the EEA permit approved since we are planning to apply for it soon after the marriage. Is that going to look suspicious (arranged marriage) in the eyes of the officers????


HELLO,BEBO.UR SITUATION SAMW MINE.MY HISB.IS EU,I AM NON EU.FOR US WAS VERRY BIG PROBLEM TO COME IN UK.RESIDENCE PERMIT DOES NOT HELP UR WIFE.FOU U IT WILL BE PROBLEM,IF U HAVE NOT BEEN IN UK. AFTER MARRIAGE I DID APPLY FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT AS WELL.(I JUST RECEIVED,AFTER 7 MONTHS)WE DIDN'T PROOG OUR MARRIAGE,I ONLY BROUGHT 4 FOTOS.FOR THE FIRST TIME I GET REFUSED,BECAUSE MY HUSB.HAS NOT BEEN IN UK,HE CAN'T SUPPORT ME(I BROUGHT LETTERS FROM 2 BANKS)THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT RESIDENCE PERMIT.FOR THE SECOND TIME I BROUGHT LETTER,WHERE I EXPLAINED WHERE DID I TAKE MONEY IN BANK,I PROOF,THAT WE HAVE MONEY TO SUPPORT OURSELF IN UK.I HAD LETTER,THAT WE HAVE PLACE WHERE TO LIVE.WAS REALLY-REALLY BIG PROBLEM,BUT IN THE END WE ARE IN UK.

Dewi Ariati Jun 22nd 2009 7:58 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
I am Indonesian, married to Hungarian on 2007. At the moment we are living in UK, London, specifically. until this time, we are still struggle with the bureaucratic thing which is going on inside the home office.

I am applying for extending my EEA family permit, since I am not EU citizen, I sent it on March 13, 2009 and until this time I heard nothing about it. The package I sent them was all the document belong to me and my husband, and I checked by Royal mail, it's been delivered. But until this time, the home office didn't even send me any letter,....so, as I could say, I am alien,...I have no ID, no letter, couldn't even register to hospital, because I need my ID to see the doctor.

Well, I tried to call the home office twice, but it seems like they are untouchable. I was waiting on the line for many hours, not every call you could reach them, if you trust me,...I tried for couple days until finally I got somebody answer it.

Guess what I heard? zero!!! She didn't even ask my name, or date of birth, not even took my package reference number, no help at all.
She gave me another phone number to deal with anything considering about EEA.
Then I called it, it was machine who answer the phone, and said," we are not sharing information during your visa process".
What was that??? could somebody please, explain that to me?
I hired a visa adviser service, she barely can't answer me.

I got refusal once when I apply for EEA family permit on the first time in Budapest, Hungary, 2008. And then the second one I should wait for 42 days until I got the answer, which by the website should taken max 30 days.
They gave me the visa for 6 months, I was working and studying, everything was OK, I even receive my national insurance number.

Then, when I need to extend it, my visa adviser said, it should take at least 3 months for the process, but I will receive a letter from home office ONCE they received my package for my temporary ID, which proof I am eligible to work and living in UK.

I sent two complain letter to home office about my case, first I did online by their public inquiry email address, and the second one I sent it by post,....but only God knows on which desk my letter's on.
I am just wondering, to where else I could report this situation?

That passport is belong to me, along with those important document, and how could they even threat me like this, what am I supposed to do if I have emergency to leave the country, if I got sick and need to see the doctor, if I got injured or accident, and I need to provide an ID in police department? I am trapped, here in UK, no way out.
If they could call this country ruled by law,...which part of it????
I wish I never come to this country,....what a nightmare!!!!

I passed the job interviews, I even had 2 jobs awaiting, but I can't make it because all I need just that LETTER from the home office.
My husband has to work extra to support our family, which I could make it easier while working, I feel being humiliated and believe me, I am suffering for all these matter. For the people who want to come here, and definitely need visa for entering UK,.....please don't get me wrong,....take your time, think twice or several times before you come here to UK. But, if you really decided, and hopefully could make to come here,...I wish you all the best, Goodluck!!

I hold a stay permit visa for schengen countries for 5 years, and I even have a residence card from Hungarian government for whole life, but I didn't change my nationality, and I need to wait for 3 years marriage to apply for Hungarian passport, which I still couldn't decide, because in my country it's a crime to have dual nationality.

A friend of mine got married with British citizen, and she should wait up to 2 years to get everything done.

I don't mean to frightening anybody, I am just telling you my experience,......I do welcome all your critics and suggestion.

tevel3 Jun 25th 2009 5:40 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 

Originally Posted by unknow (Post 7651287)
HELLO,BEBO.UR SITUATION SAMW MINE.MY HISB.IS EU,I AM NON EU.FOR US WAS VERRY BIG PROBLEM TO COME IN UK.RESIDENCE PERMIT DOES NOT HELP UR WIFE.FOU U IT WILL BE PROBLEM,IF U HAVE NOT BEEN IN UK. AFTER MARRIAGE I DID APPLY FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT AS WELL.(I JUST RECEIVED,AFTER 7 MONTHS)WE DIDN'T PROOG OUR MARRIAGE,I ONLY BROUGHT 4 FOTOS.FOR THE FIRST TIME I GET REFUSED,BECAUSE MY HUSB.HAS NOT BEEN IN UK,HE CAN'T SUPPORT ME(I BROUGHT LETTERS FROM 2 BANKS)THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT RESIDENCE PERMIT.FOR THE SECOND TIME I BROUGHT LETTER,WHERE I EXPLAINED WHERE DID I TAKE MONEY IN BANK,I PROOF,THAT WE HAVE MONEY TO SUPPORT OURSELF IN UK.I HAD LETTER,THAT WE HAVE PLACE WHERE TO LIVE.WAS REALLY-REALLY BIG PROBLEM,BUT IN THE END WE ARE IN UK.

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!?!?
TURN caps OFF!

choc Jun 30th 2009 10:17 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
HI Dewi Ariati

I completely understand because i was and am in the same situation. :thumbdown:

I will be applying for a 5 year schegen visa soon, but i would like to apply for a hungarian residence card and id, do you know how i would be able to go about this. I am south african and my husband is hungarian and we were told that i will have to live in hungary for 5 years before i will be able to qualify for a passport but this was also a few years back, any advice would be great. I do want duel citizenship.:fingerscrossed:









Originally Posted by Dewi Ariati (Post 7688936)
I am Indonesian, married to Hungarian on 2007. At the moment we are living in UK, London, specifically. until this time, we are still struggle with the bureaucratic thing which is going on inside the home office.

I am applying for extending my EEA family permit, since I am not EU citizen, I sent it on March 13, 2009 and until this time I heard nothing about it. The package I sent them was all the document belong to me and my husband, and I checked by Royal mail, it's been delivered. But until this time, the home office didn't even send me any letter,....so, as I could say, I am alien,...I have no ID, no letter, couldn't even register to hospital, because I need my ID to see the doctor.

Well, I tried to call the home office twice, but it seems like they are untouchable. I was waiting on the line for many hours, not every call you could reach them, if you trust me,...I tried for couple days until finally I got somebody answer it.

Guess what I heard? zero!!! She didn't even ask my name, or date of birth, not even took my package reference number, no help at all.
She gave me another phone number to deal with anything considering about EEA.
Then I called it, it was machine who answer the phone, and said," we are not sharing information during your visa process".
What was that??? could somebody please, explain that to me?
I hired a visa adviser service, she barely can't answer me.

I got refusal once when I apply for EEA family permit on the first time in Budapest, Hungary, 2008. And then the second one I should wait for 42 days until I got the answer, which by the website should taken max 30 days.
They gave me the visa for 6 months, I was working and studying, everything was OK, I even receive my national insurance number.

Then, when I need to extend it, my visa adviser said, it should take at least 3 months for the process, but I will receive a letter from home office ONCE they received my package for my temporary ID, which proof I am eligible to work and living in UK.

I sent two complain letter to home office about my case, first I did online by their public inquiry email address, and the second one I sent it by post,....but only God knows on which desk my letter's on.
I am just wondering, to where else I could report this situation?

That passport is belong to me, along with those important document, and how could they even threat me like this, what am I supposed to do if I have emergency to leave the country, if I got sick and need to see the doctor, if I got injured or accident, and I need to provide an ID in police department? I am trapped, here in UK, no way out.
If they could call this country ruled by law,...which part of it????
I wish I never come to this country,....what a nightmare!!!!

I passed the job interviews, I even had 2 jobs awaiting, but I can't make it because all I need just that LETTER from the home office.
My husband has to work extra to support our family, which I could make it easier while working, I feel being humiliated and believe me, I am suffering for all these matter. For the people who want to come here, and definitely need visa for entering UK,.....please don't get me wrong,....take your time, think twice or several times before you come here to UK. But, if you really decided, and hopefully could make to come here,...I wish you all the best, Goodluck!!

I hold a stay permit visa for schengen countries for 5 years, and I even have a residence card from Hungarian government for whole life, but I didn't change my nationality, and I need to wait for 3 years marriage to apply for Hungarian passport, which I still couldn't decide, because in my country it's a crime to have dual nationality.

A friend of mine got married with British citizen, and she should wait up to 2 years to get everything done.

I don't mean to frightening anybody, I am just telling you my experience,......I do welcome all your critics and suggestion.


Conrad242 Jul 3rd 2009 1:39 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
My gf is 1/4 Spaniard, 1/4 French, but has non EU passport, her grandparents didn't apply for own kids citizenship abroad. I would like to know, if Spanish or French residency can help her to get any British residency? I found that Spanish citizenship is extended to grandchildren abroad, but I know nothing about paperwork, costs, time, etc. If someone knows,please let me know, maybe she is eligible to have French citizenship if her grandmother is French, can't find any information about it and French embassy said nothing so far. On Spanish or French passport she has no any problems to enter the UK.

sevlievo Jul 7th 2009 3:23 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
:fingerscrossed: Hi Everyone, I have the same case, My wife is EEA, I am Canadian, we live in EEA country for 20 years, we have children who are EEA, I have Permanent Residency Card in France for more than 17 years, i have no intention to become a citizen of france, I work for the all those years in france as a doctor. we are starting to gather documents and relocate in UK.
My wife will cont. to take care of the kids and i am the only one who will work in UK. my question are open to anyone who can help:
Can we apply for the family permit from canada or from France? Can we go without job offer? as I know there is no problem for me to work as a doctor in UK (many offers).
what is the average waiting time for processing the family Permit visa?
many thanks , I will appr. your help.

john



Originally Posted by MelanieN (Post 7195663)
Dear Bebo,
I just wanted to write a reply because your situation seems quite similar to mine and I wanted to let you know how it's all going...
I'm an Australian married to an Italian and we are currently in Rome but awaiting the EEA Family permit to move to the UK.
We were married in Australia Jan 2008, civilly, then church wedding Rome September 2008.
I applied for the permesso di soggiorno after our civil marriage - due to mistakes in the italian system nothing was done and my husband and I had to constantly chase it up.
I would recommend that you and your wife (when you are married - and auguri!!!!) take ALL your documents to the foreigners visa centre and wait in line for 6 hours or so there. You will probably have to go back a few times as you know how backward the italian system is!
Make sure you have multiple copies of documents, photos, etc. I forget exactly what you need, best to check online.
I received my Permesso di Soggiorno in October - but if I had gone directly to the foreigners centre I would have had it much sooner.
Go with your wife if you possibly can because being able to speak italian makes all the difference - when I went by myself, and I speak passable italian, they were incredibly rude and unhelpful.
OK - so once you have your wife's Permesso di Soggiorno you can apply for the EEA family Permit. You may well be able to apply before you receive it as long as you have all the legal marriage paperwork, I'm not sure.
The application for the EEA family permit is quite straightforward - it needs to be done online through WorldBridge Services.
Although they do ask for proof of address in the UK and proof of employment - something to think about! Also, proof of funds.
I submitted my application online on January 11th 2009.
I visited the WorldBridge Centre on the 12th january to submit all my back-up papers and to give biometric fingerprints and photos.
They took both my passport and my husbands and since then we have heard nothing. I am checking the status of my application online several times a day but as yet - nothing. Bit of a nightmare as we are meant to be travelling to Sweden on Saturday!
Cross fingers we know by Friday!
So - there you go. I'll keep you posted if and when I receive the EEA Family Permit!
Good luck with everything!


Dewi Ariati Jul 7th 2009 3:55 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
Dear Choc,...I am sorry for my late reply, I was away for a week long.

If I don't get it wrong you were asking an advice for getting dual nationality?
Well, I think it depends on every government policy each country.
As I can say, in Hungary it's legal to hold dual citizenship, but in my country, Indonesia, it's a crime, and will be charge straight to the court. So, I don't know how is it for South Africa.

About Hungarian passport, as I got information from the Hungarian immigration office last year (2008) they were saying that I could apply for Hungarian citizenship only if I already married for minimum 3 years length.
Thus, I should join the examination which all about Hungarian Historical Scheme in Hungarian language (of course). The officer lady said, it's not all about score point you earn, actually it's OK if you don't know the answer, but they just want to see that you could speak Hungarian fluent. After all, they will process your documents, I don't know for how long, but I only knew that you will get your ID first, and then the passport.

For resident card, it's different story. Once you apply for the stay permit visa (for 5 years), while waiting for the process, you'll receive the card by post.
But it's just prove that you are living at the address written on the card, nothing else more than that, unless you need to show it to the police or bank.

For applying the stay permit, you should go together with your husband to the immigration office (Bevandorlasi Hivatal), it depends on which region your husband living, for example, we were living in Magocs, so we went to the office at Pecs. At the office, they will tell you what documents and forms you need to full fill, including marriage certificate that you need to bring it to the Legal Hungarian Translator along with their legal stamp on it, and you need to pay extra for that, I don't really remember, probably around 8.000 forint. Plus bank account which cover living cost for at least one year in Hungary, along with prove of house certificate in Hungary where you will live at. If you share the house, you need to collect statement from every household, I guess,...saying that they are agree to share the house with you.
Your husband need to give them letter of employment, it will be better if he could submit the bill for the house on his name as well, but it isn't necessary. They will need to keep your passport for whole process. If everything alright, then you'll get your passport along with the five years visa in around 2 weeks.
That visa you could use for traveling, studying, living and working all over Schengen countries.

I hope I gave you enough information here :) but if you'd like to get in touch, please email me at [email protected] , let me see what I could help you.
For the rest of user, please excuse me for the length of my writing. Cheers.

JAJ Jul 8th 2009 2:26 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 

Originally Posted by sevlievo (Post 7729846)
:fingerscrossed: Hi Everyone, I have the same case, My wife is EEA, I am Canadian, we live in EEA country for 20 years, we have children who are EEA, I have Permanent Residency Card in France for more than 17 years, i have no intention to become a citizen of france,

Why not?

sevlievo Jul 8th 2009 7:54 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
I like the life in france and maybe I will never go back home. here is my family but I feel I am not ready to become a citizen.

ceez Aug 2nd 2009 11:22 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 

Originally Posted by Conrad242 (Post 7718655)
My gf is 1/4 Spaniard, 1/4 French, but has non EU passport, her grandparents didn't apply for own kids citizenship abroad. I would like to know, if Spanish or French residency can help her to get any British residency? I found that Spanish citizenship is extended to grandchildren abroad, but I know nothing about paperwork, costs, time, etc. If someone knows,please let me know, maybe she is eligible to have French citizenship if her grandmother is French, can't find any information about it and French embassy said nothing so far. On Spanish or French passport she has no any problems to enter the UK.



@ conrad242:
Spain began accepting citizenship applications from the descendants of people who went into exile after its brutal 1936-39 Civil War, part of a 2007 law meant to address the painful legacy of the conflict and the ensuing dictatorship of Gen Francisco Franco. But a new provision approved also allows anyone whose parents or grandparents were born in Spain but went overseas because of their political beliefs or economic hardship to become Spanish citizens.
Spain has said 500,000 people around the world could qualify to become Spaniards. If she isn´t 21 yet, her grand parents can re adopt her and make it faster for her.

sika003 Oct 5th 2009 6:46 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 
hey everyone. i'm polish citizen and my husband non EEA citizen and we want to move and live in UK. we looked rfor many websites... and we found that my husband needs to apply for family permit i want to know what conditions my husband needs to get family permit and what documents we need to prepare and if my husband will not find any problems to have family permit thank you

sika003 Oct 5th 2009 6:50 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA husband
 
hey everyone. i'm polish citizen and my husband non EEA citizen and we want to move and live in UK. we looked rfor many websites... and we found that my husband needs to apply for family permit i want to know what conditions my husband needs to get family permit and what documents we need to prepare and if my husband will not find any problems to have family permit thank you

ceez Oct 6th 2009 12:41 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 7991437)
hey everyone. i'm polish citizen and my husband non EEA citizen and we want to move and live in UK. we looked rfor many websites... and we found that my husband needs to apply for family permit i want to know what conditions my husband needs to get family permit and what documents we need to prepare and if my husband will not find any problems to have family permit thank you


Your non EEA spouse should normally apply for the EEA FP wothout a problem. He should be able to provide evidence showing you are both married legally and that he would either be travelling with you or joining you in the Uk. The form should be found at the www.ukvisas.gov.uk. I hope this helps you.

ceez Oct 6th 2009 9:45 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 

Originally Posted by sevlievo (Post 7735403)
I like the life in france and maybe I will never go back home. here is my family but I feel I am not ready to become a citizen.


Sevlievo sorry for this late response. I was on a long trip and didn´t check this thread till last week. I´m sure you would have applied and already gotten the FP visa you needed. First, you don´t need any job offer to have a family permit visa if you don´t state that the purpose of your trip is to work. I will suggest you apply for to visit the UK with your spouse. This can take up to 15 days in the case of applying from Spain. I´ve seen people get it in 2 and 3 working days too. I will also apply from France if I were you since France is an EEA state and you have parmanent residency there. One thing I noticed is that having legal residency in an EEA state you apply from could speeden the process...... Well I guess I gave you all the info already. Good luck!

sika003 Oct 7th 2009 11:50 am

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA husband
 

Originally Posted by ceez (Post 7993557)
Your non EEA spouse should normally apply for the EEA FP wothout a problem. He should be able to provide evidence showing you are both married legally and that he would either be travelling with you or joining you in the Uk. The form should be found at the www.ukvisas.gov.uk. I hope this helps you.

thank you so much for your information. but i have many questions i called the british embassy and they didn't help me a lot i don't know why anyway they said that it depends on me if i want to apply online or go to them but i prefer to go to them coz i'm afraid if i send all my original documents passport act of marriage...etc. they will be lost as i read in many forums. so if i want to go with my husband tp apply for family permit we need to call british embassy to give us a date or what? and something else where i can find good websites to rent rooms, apartement... coz we need to show them in embassy many documents such as accomodation bank acount...etc.i have all documents which they need despite accomodation, in your website i couldn't find family permit to apply for but i have already application of family permit in my computer please i would like from you to tell me what i need to do from all sides and thank you so much for your help

sika003 Oct 7th 2009 12:19 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 

Originally Posted by ceez (Post 7995118)
Sevlievo sorry for this late response. I was on a long trip and didn´t check this thread till last week. I´m sure you would have applied and already gotten the FP visa you needed. First, you don´t need any job offer to have a family permit visa if you don´t state that the purpose of your trip is to work. I will suggest you apply for to visit the UK with your spouse. This can take up to 15 days in the case of applying from Spain. I´ve seen people get it in 2 and 3 working days too. I will also apply from France if I were you since France is an EEA state and you have parmanent residency there. One thing I noticed is that having legal residency in an EEA state you apply from could speeden the process...... Well I guess I gave you all the info already. Good luck!

thank you for your information. First my husband didn't apply yet coz we want to know what exactly we should do and i found application for family permit online which i can print,and i found in this application questions like the main purpose of visiting UK, and how long the person wants to stay in UK with giving dates of going and coming back and like:
Employed full time, please go to 5.2
Employed part-time, please go to 5.2
Self-employed, please go to 5.2
Unemployed, please go to 5.9
Student, please give details of the course and institution you attend in the box provided; then go to 5.2
Retired, please go to 5.9
Supported by spouse / partner / other family member, please give full details in the box, including their relationship to you; then go to 5.9
Other, please give details, then go to 5.2
and my husband is unemployed and we are living with my parents who support me financially i can say with money i don't have any problem but like this kind of questions we didn't know what we can write so please i want your help and i want from you to tell me what's the best we can write in this questions my husband has got diploma and he speaks 3 languages and i speak english too and i have diploma in teaching english to children so i hope you understand my situation now the best place for me and my husband is UK i'm waiting your answer.

solcito13 Oct 7th 2009 10:14 pm

New provision on Law of Memory from Spain
 

Originally Posted by ceez (Post 7806852)

@ conrad242:
Spain began accepting citizenship applications from the descendants of people who went into exile after its brutal 1936-39 Civil War, part of a 2007 law meant to address the painful legacy of the conflict and the ensuing dictatorship of Gen Francisco Franco. But a new provision approved also allows anyone whose parents or grandparents were born in Spain but went overseas because of their political beliefs or economic hardship to become Spanish citizens.
Spain has said 500,000 people around the world could qualify to become Spaniards. If she isn´t 21 yet, her grand parents can re adopt her and make it faster for her.

Hi Ceez,

Haven't done this before so hopefully you see my post. I am aware of the Law of Memory that you mention above for Spaniards that went into exile during a period but I wasn't aware of a new provision. Could you elaborate a bit on this or refer me to a info link? My grandmother was Spanish but left due to economic hardship in 1914 prior to the dates of the period recognised by the Law of Memory. My dad is no longer with us so I need to apply as a grand daughter. Your help is greatly appreciated!

ceez Oct 10th 2009 2:46 pm

Re: New provision on Law of Memory from Spain
 

Originally Posted by solcito13 (Post 7998355)
Hi Ceez,

Haven't done this before so hopefully you see my post. I am aware of the Law of Memory that you mention above for Spaniards that went into exile during a period but I wasn't aware of a new provision. Could you elaborate a bit on this or refer me to a info link? My grandmother was Spanish but left due to economic hardship in 1914 prior to the dates of the period recognised by the Law of Memory. My dad is no longer with us so I need to apply as a grand daughter. Your help is greatly appreciated!


I would suggest you call the Spanish ministry of foreign affairs to ask or try to search it on their website. I had friends who got their nationalities in the way I explianed earlier but it´s been a while i posted that thread so I can´t really remember the link, but I´m sure I got the info for them from the Spanish Foregin affairs ministry. You can get the website of any country´s MFA thru google. Good luck.

fif Oct 15th 2009 6:48 pm

Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife
 

Originally Posted by ceez (Post 7993557)
Your non EEA spouse should normally apply for the EEA FP wothout a problem. He should be able to provide evidence showing you are both married legally and that he would either be travelling with you or joining you in the Uk. The form should be found at the www.ukvisas.gov.uk. I hope this helps you.

Hi, I'm an EEA national (Ireland) and I'm working in the UK, born in Australia. My non EEA unmarried partner applied for an EEA FP while still in Australia. When we got here, we got conflicting advice as to how to proceed. The EEA FP stuck in his passport says that it expires 6 months after it was granted. Do we need to apply for a residency permit for myself and another EEA FP now that we're here? We were hoping to travel to Western Europe and back in again over the course of the next 3 years (the duration of my employment contract), and I'm worried that an expired EEA FP will not allow him re-entry, or the right to work. Is this concern warranted? Thanks. :fingerscrossed:

jergeri Oct 19th 2009 8:50 am

Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process
 
Hello Everyone,

I am Hungarian national my wife is from Philippines
we married in Philippines and wish to travel to UK in a couple of weeks.
I have a job waiting and my wife applied for a family
permit early October which was refused after 2 weeks of waiting.
They stated they were satisfied that we were parties of
a marriage of convenience. The documents that were
supposedly lacking were emails showing we kept in contact
while being apart, proof of our marriage in Philippines like
photographs etc. We provided Hungarian official certificate
of permanent address but they did not take that into
consideration, they were not convinced we really lived together
in Hungary. They have even mistaken our stated address for another
different city!!! (well the difference is not big but an official should
read carefully enough to avoid establishing a false statement...)
We were naive enough to think that the official documents
would be far enough to convince them.
They werent.

My wife just filed a new application today which we hope will
convince them as this time we sent copies of emails, plenty of pictures
and letters coming to us to the same address.

It is just so humiliating to be subject to this kind of attitude.
Emails are private I guess other letters and photographs
as wel
l, but you just cant do anything else then show these.
I want to see the faces of those officials when they experience
same treatment.

Wish good luck to everyone, I hope I helped some people
by posting this.

Greg

sika003 Oct 20th 2009 8:19 am

Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process
 

Originally Posted by jergeri (Post 8027377)
Hello Everyone,

I am Hungarian national my wife is from Philippines
we married in Philippines and wish to travel to UK in a couple of weeks.
I have a job waiting and my wife applied for a family
permit early October which was refused after 2 weeks of waiting.
They stated they were satisfied that we were parties of
a marriage of convenience. The documents that were
supposedly lacking were emails showing we kept in contact
while being apart, proof of our marriage in Philippines like
photographs etc. We provided Hungarian official certificate
of permanent address but they did not take that into
consideration, they were not convinced we really lived together
in Hungary. They have even mistaken our stated address for another
different city!!! (well the difference is not big but an official should
read carefully enough to avoid establishing a false statement...)
We were naive enough to think that the official documents
would be far enough to convince them.
They werent.

My wife just filed a new application today which we hope will
convince them as this time we sent copies of emails, plenty of pictures
and letters coming to us to the same address.

It is just so humiliating to be subject to this kind of attitude.
Emails are private I guess other letters and photographs
as wel
l, but you just cant do anything else then show these.
I want to see the faces of those officials when they experience
same treatment.

Wish good luck to everyone, I hope I helped some people
by posting this.

Greg

hey i understand your situation it's hard but what you can do. i am european citizen and my husband non-EEA citizen and i want to apply for him for family permit visa too to take him with me to Uk we live together all the time in my country and all what we need now is address where we will live in UK this is the only problem we have because we need to prove for them the place where we will stay and live!!!! i tried to rent by internet but no one answered me i do not know what i can do in this case somebody can help me please ?

ceez Oct 22nd 2009 2:01 pm

Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process
 

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8029945)
hey i understand your situation it's hard but what you can do. i am european citizen and my husband non-EEA citizen and i want to apply for him for family permit visa too to take him with me to Uk we live together all the time in my country and all what we need now is address where we will live in UK this is the only problem we have because we need to prove for them the place where we will stay and live!!!! i tried to rent by internet but no one answered me i do not know what i can do in this case somebody can help me please ?


If you have any relative living in the UK, quote her/his address saying you and your spouse will be there for only a few days. Also state that you always stay there when you visit the UK. Only make sure there´s a spare room in that house as they might need you to describe the house. Good luck!

As for my friend, the hungarian....Why don´t you avoid saying she isn´t staying with you at the moment. Or try to live with her during the application process if possible. They would ask you when you saw her last. They like to hear.."Today, I live with her" Good luck too!

sika003 Oct 24th 2009 10:00 am

Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process
 

Originally Posted by ceez (Post 8036542)
If you have any relative living in the UK, quote her/his address saying you and your spouse will be there for only a few days. Also state that you always stay there when you visit the UK. Only make sure there´s a spare room in that house as they might need you to describe the house. Good luck!

As for my friend, the hungarian....Why don´t you avoid saying she isn´t staying with you at the moment. Or try to live with her during the application process if possible. They would ask you when you saw her last. They like to hear.."Today, I live with her" Good luck too!

thank you for your message, i found address one of my family live in UK but in the application as i read they need to prove with documents the place where we will live, this is true or i understood wrongly, or just we need to write address and give discribtion of the apartement!!! and another questions please there is another questions in this application like what is the main purpose of your visit to UK? i want to take my husband with me to Uk because we want to worke and live in UK so what i can write please if only visit or say the truth!! and another question like how long do you intend to stay in UK? as i know they give in family permit visa 6 months so what for this questions and what i can write in it!! and the last question please they ask in this application which date do you want to travel to UK and on which day i want to leave UK if i want to travel to UK to live there for always and work so what i can write in this question too, please help me i really need your help and tell me what is exactly my husband can write for he can has the family permit because is me who wants to go and live in UK and my husband agreed about it, i want you to give me the rigth answers for they can give my husband this family permit visa and for your information we live together always our marriage now is more than one year. and how much of money oplease i need to have in my acount for my husband can be in the safe side and thank you i'm waiting your answers.

sika003 Oct 25th 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process
 

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8041161)
thank you for your message, i found address one of my family live in UK but in the application as i read they need to prove with documents the place where we will live, this is true or i understood wrongly, or just we need to write address and give discribtion of the apartement!!! and another questions please there is another questions in this application like what is the main purpose of your visit to UK? i want to take my husband with me to Uk because we want to worke and live in UK so what i can write please if only visit or say the truth!! and another question like how long do you intend to stay in UK? as i know they give in family permit visa 6 months so what for this questions and what i can write in it!! and the last question please they ask in this application which date do you want to travel to UK and on which day i want to leave UK if i want to travel to UK to live there for always and work so what i can write in this question too, please help me i really need your help and tell me what is exactly my husband can write for he can has the family permit because is me who wants to go and live in UK and my husband agreed about it, i want you to give me the rigth answers for they can give my husband this family permit visa and for your information we live together always our marriage now is more than one year. and how much of money oplease i need to have in my acount for my husband can be in the safe side and thank you i'm waiting your answers.

hey sorry for this a lot of questions i want to tell you that when we read the application of family permit well we found that my husband did not need to show them any accomodation because as we read in the application if my husband hold vaild residance for one of the countries EEA he doesn't need to show them any accomodation all they need is what is the main purpose of visit to UK and how long and from when it can start really this is what i found and because my husband live with me in my country he is not european citizen but we life together long time from the time he came to my country so please all what i need from you now is what i can write in this paim purpose of visit to uk and how long and if he can write he is unemployed or support my spouse? and please tell me hos long they give in this visa and if my husband should go alone to apply in british embassy or i should go with him or we can sen by post please tell us what is the best sollution and thank i'm waiting your answer.

jergeri Oct 26th 2009 8:38 am

Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process
 
Hi sika003,

We are facing the same problems and questions,
to the question "how long you intend to stay" we replied
five years... "what is your purpose of stay" we replied
work and live in UK. Regarding whether to accompany
your husband or not, I dont think this is a good idea as they
even recommend not to take any family members if possible.
This is probably due to their intention to avoid lots of people
gathering at the Embassy unnecessarily as they need to scan
anyone who enters. Moreover I doubt that you can have any
influence on the application process when you appear in front of them. All they do in that British hub is verify that the photocopies you provide
are genuine, take your documents and register the application
then inform you about the expected processing time.
Our application which my wife filed in Budapest is processed in Warsaw
I guess you can have NO INFLUENCE on the whole thing expect you
provide all the relevant documents.
What if you do not worry too much, try to submit your application
gather all the documents they require (DO NOT FORGET to attach
proof of your genuine relationship like letters or bills coming to you to
the same address, emails, text messages, personal videos (if you possess any), travelling tickets etc. The process generally takes up to 15 days
then if its refused you can still submit another application for FREE.

Good luck,

I'll keep you posted of our results...

Greg




Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8044084)
hey sorry for this a lot of questions i want to tell you that when we read the application of family permit well we found that my husband did not need to show them any accomodation because as we read in the application if my husband hold vaild residance for one of the countries EEA he doesn't need to show them any accomodation all they need is what is the main purpose of visit to UK and how long and from when it can start really this is what i found and because my husband live with me in my country he is not european citizen but we life together long time from the time he came to my country so please all what i need from you now is what i can write in this paim purpose of visit to uk and how long and if he can write he is unemployed or support my spouse? and please tell me hos long they give in this visa and if my husband should go alone to apply in british embassy or i should go with him or we can sen by post please tell us what is the best sollution and thank i'm waiting your answer.


sika003 Oct 26th 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process
 

Originally Posted by jergeri (Post 8045245)
Hi sika003,

We are facing the same problems and questions,
to the question "how long you intend to stay" we replied
five years... "what is your purpose of stay" we replied
work and live in UK. Regarding whether to accompany
your husband or not, I dont think this is a good idea as they
even recommend not to take any family members if possible.
This is probably due to their intention to avoid lots of people
gathering at the Embassy unnecessarily as they need to scan
anyone who enters. Moreover I doubt that you can have any
influence on the application process when you appear in front of them. All they do in that British hub is verify that the photocopies you provide
are genuine, take your documents and register the application
then inform you about the expected processing time.
Our application which my wife filed in Budapest is processed in Warsaw
I guess you can have NO INFLUENCE on the whole thing expect you
provide all the relevant documents.
What if you do not worry too much, try to submit your application
gather all the documents they require (DO NOT FORGET to attach
proof of your genuine relationship like letters or bills coming to you to
the same address, emails, text messages, personal videos (if you possess any), travelling tickets etc. The process generally takes up to 15 days
then if its refused you can still submit another application for FREE.

Good luck,

I'll keep you posted of our results...

Greg

hey jergeri thank you for your message, i do not know how it is your situation but as i noticed from your words you do not live with your wife that's why you have to prove many things as sms,photos, videos.... but my case is different i live with my husband all the time and he holds residence permit card in Poland so i think i do not nned to prove for them anything like sms...... coz we live together and they can check if they want!! but the problem which i have now that i called the british embassy and they told me that my husband can apply for this family permit online and print this application from my computer and send with it all relevant documents as act of marriage, bank acount and residence card of my husband plus his passport and mine, but i do not know what i can write in the main purpose of visit UK if to write only visit or that he wants to go to search work and live in UK and another problem how long to write if they give in this family permit 6 months so do i have to write 6 months or less or more as you coz you wrote 5 years it's a lot!!! so please if you can guide me in this i will be greatful and good luck in your application

ceez Oct 26th 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Some of our experience during EEA family permit application process
 

Originally Posted by sika003 (Post 8044084)
hey sorry for this a lot of questions i want to tell you that when we read the application of family permit well we found that my husband did not need to show them any accomodation because as we read in the application if my husband hold vaild residance for one of the countries EEA he doesn't need to show them any accomodation all they need is what is the main purpose of visit to UK and how long and from when it can start really this is what i found and because my husband live with me in my country he is not european citizen but we life together long time from the time he came to my country so please all what i need from you now is what i can write in this paim purpose of visit to uk and how long and if he can write he is unemployed or support my spouse? and please tell me hos long they give in this visa and if my husband should go alone to apply in british embassy or i should go with him or we can sen by post please tell us what is the best sollution and thank i'm waiting your answer.



Well first I have to say that you would write an address of where you would stay while in the UK. It´s in that form. Remember to choose the right visa form from the 1st time (EEA family)....You can say the purpose of your trip is Tourism. It´s an added advantage that he has EEA permit in your country already though the visa issuance is not determined by that as you are applying under the EEA/EU law. It only gives him a legal reason to apply from your country. You can write you want to stay for a few days as they would most likely give you 6 months (frst). It´s gonna be a multi entry type of permit so you can always go back. Yes he can go to apply alone cos most times they don´t even let you in with him. If there is an evidence of work it´s ok and if not , he can write UNEMPLOYED in his form. But you as the spouse have to have a job to support with your slips and bank statements or evidence of self sufficence (bank slips, properties etc). He should apply online, print the forms out with additional documents. He has to go physically cos they would need his biometric prints. I´ve been asked to switch off for take off so I hope I got all your Q. Let me know what else you need. Good luck!


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:07 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.