EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

vampirita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Hello,,,Sika
I assume we will not have the permission after reading all the entries in this forum and others.
i just want to travel with y wife and family yearly to uk. it is a custom. all my family is english and we use to travel there for chistmass, summer, etc.
Last year i could not go because of this thing.
It seems a very difficult thing.
anyway, if they refuse, as i think of course we will appeal.
My wife is latinamerican.

I also suggest you to appeal against this stupid thing!
andif i have to do it i will do it both in Madrid and uk.

we hope that officials in charge of refusing visas to have a fair supervisor.
anyway, your wife could not travel to the UK first and then you join her there?

Last edited by vampirita; Dec 8th 2009 at 5:28 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

ceez is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I guess you already know your application status. I was going to ask what you want to know but I guess it is a bit late for that. Good luck though!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Hi, Thanks
No. Actually we are still waiting. They told us we need to be patient and wait about 15 workdays. (so praying 4 15 ,,,jejeje)

The thing we want to know is if we had to translate all our documents into english? we let about 100 photocopies including apartment´s contract, me and my wife´s employment payslips,last contracts, etc . Our house´s documents, travels, receipts, and much more...
We only have the letters in english.

Anyway, your support will be very apreciated.

Last edited by vampirita; Dec 18th 2009 at 11:03 am.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Where did your wife apply from, exactly?
Old Dec 19th 2009, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Hi ceez,
we live in spain, we send the aplication here, but i am british citizen.

Last edited by vampirita; Dec 19th 2009 at 11:25 am.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Well I guess they are going thru all the papers. The guy I filed for got his in just 2 days in Madrid, how amazing! Well the Uk embassy in madrid is very efficent so if you have everything they require, they will surely give her the entry clearance permit. Good luck guys!
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Well, lets see.
we will tell you something...
but, was really neccesary to translate everything into english???
pd: thanks 4 your support
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

No, it is not necessary if you got married in Spain and submit Spanish marriage certificate. it is also ok to submit bank statements and pay/salary slips in spanish if you work and bank with a spanish bank. The embassy is in Madrid so there is no problem with Spanish documents, only you have to fill the online form in English. Ok take care and good luck!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 12:52 am
Just Joined

choc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

I have just applied for a 5 year permit to work and live in the UK and was not able to get it because my husband has not worked in this country for a year......do I have to go back to Hungary to apply for an entry visa or is there another visa I can apply for as I am not getting much from home office customer service.

Thanking you all for the updates on your situations, at least I dont feel that bad thought it was only me having these difficulties.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by choc
Hi everyone

I have just applied for a 5 year permit to work and live in the UK and was not able to get it because my husband has not worked in this country for a year......do I have to go back to Hungary to apply for an entry visa or is there another visa I can apply for as I am not getting much from home office customer service.

Thanking you all for the updates on your situations, at least I dont feel that bad thought it was only me having these difficulties.
You dont have to go to Hungary now. Ask to apply for the FM resident stamp (not the card) if your Spouse is Hungarian or the other new EU countries that joined same time with Hungary. Maybe it wasnt possible for you cos you asked for the resident card. The stamp unlike the card will be in your passport and gives you conditional stay. The card application should be done after your husband has completed his continous 12 months work in the UK. Meanwhile, you would want to ask him to register with the workers scheme since he is from Hungary. He should find a job and do this. Good luck!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Originally Posted by vampirita
Well, lets see.
we will tell you something...
but, was really neccesary to translate everything into english???
pd: thanks 4 your support
How did it go? I guess UK cant take your DOCS to xmas. Even ruddolf would be travelling during xmas. I hope it went all well with you.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Hello again...
while we wait,,, christmas for everybody here (ceez, sika, choc, etc) and a happy new year with better inmigration laws...jajaja

Last edited by vampirita; Dec 26th 2009 at 2:04 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Hi... my wife finally got the family permit 4 six months. greate!
we are really surprised. we was praying a lot...thinking
it was impossible due to many comments about people with really bad experience in this case.

Well , We thank all those who helped us in this arduous task.
and now we have one more question. could my wife visit England a second time without me? or do we need always to travel together?

we left our experience for all who need to collect the necessary documents to apply for family permit. we hope it helps.

documents we attach:

marriage certificate
bank accounts of both
paylips of both
Marriage's pictures
2 letters in english telling them we were traveling together
certificate of our house
tickets payment of electricity, water, telephone, etc.
passport photos
copy of my British passport
copy of all my wife's passport
birth certificates of both
working certificate (vida laboral)
educational certificates of my wife
and other documents the ambassy suggest in the website.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Lsos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I guess I'm in a similar situation as some people in this thread, but here's my story:

I'm a Polish citizen living together with my Ukrainian wife in Poland. We would like to go to the UK together, perhaps to work and settle permanently. My general understanding is that she should be able to get the EEA family permit, and we can go together to UK without much issues.

However, I'm not entirely certain of this, as I keep seeing hints among various websites about us needing our own UK household, job(s), car, some large bank account, or something else. Since we are both in Poland and have never been to the UK, any such stipulation would surely be a great hindrance to our plans.

If she could get the EEA family permit, we could go together and quite easily find jobs, a place, etc. and get accustomed, since we're both well educated, fluent in English, etc. However, if I had to go by myself and try to start all this, for the both of us, it would be at least twice as hard financially, not to mention emotionally...if not impossible.

So the ultimate question is, do you guys believe my wife can get a eea family permit at this point in our lives, or do I have to go to the UK first and then try to accomplish this?
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

HELLO,
Sure you can get it before arrive uk!
you come from the eu too.
see this page of the same foro. Also visit the oficial site of uk in your country. they should have all requeriments you need to satisfy them on their website.

There are a lots of comments and suggestions in the link below. I recomend you to apply within poland. Some people say it is better to apply from the european union.

Buena suerte...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=578814&page=4

Last edited by vampirita; Jan 4th 2010 at 5:33 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.