EEA Family permit

Old Jun 14th 2018, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

filawless is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA Family permit

Hi there,

My husband and I are currently in the process of applying for the EEA family permit. I'm Irish and he is Malawian. We've been in a reltionship since 2012 when I lived in Malawi. We got married in January of this year and are planning on moving to Bristol where we both have mutual friends.

So far, for proof of our relationship, I have
-photos of us giong back to 2012, including a photobook I made him for his birthday in 2014. Not all of these have dates on the picture but I have put captions with where they were taken and when
- I'm currently printing out our facebook messaging history. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the calls on this history log?
- Would screenshots from whatsapp and skype work? We have both lost phones and he has changed numbers since we got together.
- Flight tickets from our flights to and fro.
- I have letters from mutual friends, including one who was a witness at our wedding. All of these friends have known one of us before we got together and have known us as a couple since 2012. The problem is my parents don't agree with our relationship so we have nothing from our families
- Our wedding ceremony was very small, at the local district comissioners, with only our friends as witnesses. I know this seems suspicious. What can I do in this regard?

I will also include
- Bank statements from my Irish accounts
-Copy of a job offer for me in the UK

Can anyone think of something I am missing?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 14th 2018, 11:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA Family permit

Sounds like overkill to me. The only relationship document that is required is your marriage certificate. Remember that you are not applying for a visa - an EEA Family Permit is merely a document issued by the Home Office which confirms your husband's pre-existing right under EU law to facilitate his entry into the UK.

Unless you have already been living in the UK for more than three months then your financial documents are not necessary.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 7:54 am
Just Joined

From the research I have done, it seems important to prove that it is not a marriage of convenience, hence the gathering evidence of our long standing relationship rtf
Old Jun 15th 2018, 11:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by filawless
From the research I have done, it seems important to prove that it is not a marriage of convenience, hence the gathering evidence of our long standing relationship rtf
Yes and no. Does your husband have an adverse immigration history?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes and no. Does your husband have an adverse immigration history?
Nope. Visited Ireland twice on tourist visas, travels to and from South Africa to visit family but no overstaying.
Hopefully it will be straight forward but I just want to be as prepared as possible.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 11:33 am

Nope. Visited Ireland twice on tourist visas, travels to and from South Africa to visit family but no overstaying.
Hopefully it will be straight forward but I just want to be as prepared as possible.
The onus is on the Home Office to prove a marriage of convenience. However if you want to include additional evidence of your relationship such as photos and joint travel then you can do. Social media and electronic messaging carries less weight but you can print off a selection to include if you want. I wouldn't be sending off reams and reams however; it's simply not necessary and your ECO will not have the time or inclination to look at it all.

A covering letter is always a good idea to explain the development of your relationship, the decision to marry and your future plans. A small selection of photos and other evidence, no more than a dozen pages, to support the claims made in your covering letter will be more than sufficient.

You mention you are an Irish citizen; were you born in the Republic?
Were either of your parents born in the UK, including Northern Ireland?
Old Jun 16th 2018, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The onus is on the Home Office to prove a marriage of convenience. However if you want to include additional evidence of your relationship such as photos and joint travel then you can do. Social media and electronic messaging carries less weight but you can print off a selection to include if you want. I wouldn't be sending off reams and reams however; it's simply not necessary and your ECO will not have the time or inclination to look at it all.

A covering letter is always a good idea to explain the development of your relationship, the decision to marry and your future plans. A small selection of photos and other evidence, no more than a dozen pages, to support the claims made in your covering letter will be more than sufficient.

You mention you are an Irish citizen; were you born in the Republic?
Were either of your parents born in the UK, including Northern Ireland?
I was born in the Republic and neither of my parents were born in the UK
Old Jun 16th 2018, 2:23 pm

I was born in the Republic and neither of my parents were born in the UK
Okay, that’s fine. A lot of dual nationals don’t realise they’re ineligible.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Naek is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to be asking this question. i'm a Portuguese national living in the UK, and i would like call my mother into the UK on a family permit, i have been searching the UK visa website to complete the application on her behalf, but unable to find the correct one. is anybody able to send me the correct link to the application, thank you
Old Sep 5th 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Naek
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to be asking this question. i'm a Portuguese national living in the UK, and i would like call my mother into the UK on a family permit, i have been searching the UK visa website to complete the application on her behalf, but unable to find the correct one. is anybody able to send me the correct link to the application, thank you
Is your mother an Indian citizen?
Old Sep 5th 2018, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Yes she is Indian Citizen.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 3:56 pm

Yes she is Indian Citizen.
Is she intending to visit you or live with you in the UK?
Old Sep 5th 2018, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Ideally I want her to come here and live with me as she is alone in India and fully dependent on me.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 4:07 pm

Ideally I want her to come here and live with me as she is alone in India and fully dependent on me.
You can apply on your mother's behalf via this website.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

The category you want on the drop down menus is:

Other>EEA/Swiss Family Member>Family Member of an EEA National
Old Sep 5th 2018, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

I have been British citizen for 15 years, and only aquired Portuguese nationality recently. Can I still apply for my mother to come in the UK.
bearing in mind I hold dual nationality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.