EEA family member visa questions!

Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Minhr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA family member visa questions!

Hello everyone,

I've read lot of information and emailed with British visa authorities but still not sure that get all information. So asking for your help.

I'm Belarusian national married to Lithuanian and having Lithuanian residency permit. We are living in Lithuania, but I spend a lot of time in Belarus as well, because I have business in my native country. Also my wife has a child from first marriage (Lithuanian citizen).

At present moment my wife doesn't have a job. And we are thinking about 2 options moving to England:
1. She will go first, find a job and I'll come to her and will look for a job;
2. We will go together, as job-seekers.

Here are the questions:

1. If we go together we don't have any status (employed, job-seeker etc) in England at present time, is it ok? As I read people provided their CV's and references to visa centers to show that they have qualification and can find job. Or better if my spouse will come before me?
2. Should we provide proof of address? We are planning to stay at friends for first time, before we find anything. There is no such info in document's list, but there is a question in Application Form, even the number of rooms!
3. Are the any financial requirements for us: salary, amount on bank account, etc?
3. When we go to UK, can my wife leave it for, e.g. 2 days to go to Lithuania and take child (we would like to take her few month later, after all school questions will be closed), and I'll stay for this days in England, or should I leave UK together with my wife for that period?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 30th 2014, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA family member visa questions!

You will need to apply for a family permit for yourself an non EU citizen.

Your wife will need to prove she is job seeker/self supporting etc. Probably better if she relocates first and finds a job.

Since you are contemplating relocating without jobs to go to you will need sufficient money for accommodation, living expenses.

Since she does not have a job now, what makes you think she will be more successful in the UK? Still a high unemployment rate there.

You cannot enter the UK without her.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You will need to apply for a family permit for yourself an non EU citizen.

Your wife will need to prove she is job seeker/self supporting etc. Probably better if she relocates first and finds a job.

Since you are contemplating relocating without jobs to go to you will need sufficient money for accommodation, living expenses.

Since she does not have a job now, what makes you think she will be more successful in the UK? Still a high unemployment rate there.

You cannot enter the UK without her.
Thank you for the reply!
We are still thinking about moving, it is not 100% decision. My wife used to live in London for 1 year about 7-8 years ago and she wants to come back. And we tired of living in two countries, I spend a lot of time in Belarus, then come back to Lithuania, and than again go to Belarus and so on. So we thought try to start from the beginning in a new place. We always can come back in any of our native countries, so why not to try.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

We have just been through this process recently. I'm Irish (don't have British citizenship any more) and my civil partner is Chinese. We now live in the UK (Northern Ireland, to be specific).

Here are some answers:
1) No, she doesn't have to have a job before you both get here. I didn't have anything lined up before we both got here and that was fine. It is your wife's right to move to any EU country and look for work there. This is what I did. I found a job quite quickly and applied for a Registration Certificate (on form EEA1) and got it a few days ago. My partner just applied for his Residence Certificate (on form EEA2) yesterday.
2) You don't need to provide proof of an address in the UK before getting here. We used the online EEA family permit form in June and I don't recall anything being asked about rooms in a house (make sure you're looking at the right form, but it may have changed). I didn't provide any proof of having a hotel in the UK (although I did have one).
3) No financial requirements. I didn't provide ANY financial information at all. It does state somewhere that you don't have to provide that. I wrote this in a cover letter. I'm not sure where I got that info but I know it is correct. I hope that someone else will provide a link (I can't find it now, sorry).
4) You won't have to leave the UK if she is just leaving for a few days. I think this changes if she is outside the UK for 6 months though.

If you have any questions, just ask here. I'm willing to provide more info if you need it.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Minhr, since you have a Lithuanian residency permit, can you get Lithuanian citizenship? This would enable you to live and work in the UK under EU free movement.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Should live 6 more years in Lithuania. Also they don't allow two citizenships, and I don't want to refuse from my Belarusian passport.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 5:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your wife doesn't need a job before you go to the UK together. You can travel together as job seekers providing you have your EEA Family Permit. Alternatively she can move before you and you can apply to join her later. She does not need to accompany you but you will need to ensure your EEA Family Permit states 'to join' rather than 'to acc' (to accompany).

There are no financial or accommodation requirements beyond your wife genuinely looking to exercise her Treaty Rights which can include job-seeking.

Your wife can leave the UK without you but if she does not return to continue exercising her Treaty Rights then you would not be able to stay.

Last edited by BritInParis; Oct 9th 2014 at 5:07 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Thank you!

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your wife doesn't need a job before you go to the UK together. You can travel together as job seekers providing you have your EEA Family Permit. Alternatively she can move before you and you can apply to join her later. She does need to accompany you but you will need to ensure your EEA Family Permit states 'to join' rather than 'to acc' (to accompany).

There are no financial or accommodation requirements beyond your wife genuinely looking to exercise her Treaty Rights which can include job-seeking.

Your wife can leave the UK without you but if she does not return to continue exercising her Treaty Rights then you would not be able to stay.