Wikiposts

does my baby need a visa to enter the uk

Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

CDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: does my baby need a visa to enter the uk

Originally Posted by Dashie
Curious as to when this was please? The latest posts seem to indicate they have slowed down a lot. If you don't have a strict time limit, I would definitely get the birth certificate and passport.
November 2013
Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

CDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laura5
HI TO ALL WHO HAVE REPLIED OKAY SO I UNDERSTAND THAT I DO NOT HAVE TO GET THE CONSULAR BIRTH CERTIFICATE JUST YET I CAN DO THAT IN THE UK OKAY SO THAT MAKE IT A BIT EASIER FOR ME.I WILL JUST DO THAT WHEN I AM HOME. AS I HAVE SO MUCH ON MY PLATE RIGHT NOW AND VERY LITTLE HELP IN THE WAY OF MY HUSBAND AND I AM ABROAD SO IT MAKES LIFE VERY DIFFICULT RIGHT NOW AND I WANT TO GET HOME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO THAT CAN WAIT. OKAY A QUESTION PLEASE PEOPLE WHEN I APPLY FOR MY BOYS UK PASSPORT DO I NEED TO INCLUDE ANY OF HIS DADS INFORMATION LIKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR HIS DADS PASSPORT?
We couriered the application and all documents over to the UK to a friend who signed the applications and then mailed it for us to the passport centre. We thought it would be faster than having them mail the applications back to us in Canada at the time and then mail them to the UK.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDNtoUK
November 2013
Makes sense. Mine in December was quick too, but they're taking longer now from what I hear.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 1:12 am
Just Joined

laura5 is an unknown quantity at this point

okay i must say all you people have been fabulous sources of help i cannot thank you enough. i would just like help clarifying some more things. now i have been on many sites seeing about the support documents for my sons passport and its very confusing for me as i have so much in my plate right now and i am getting no sense out of anyone. now i understand i need to have my full birth certificate my sons birth certificate, his id my id and my passport and his Peruvian passport and also i spent a hopeless 30 minutes and online yesterday speaking with an online operator who was hopeless regarding the countersignature but i suppose i have to find a way around this.do i need to provide any evidence from his dad as well ?? or anything i have missed anything help gratefully received thanks guys
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by laura5
okay i must say all you people have been fabulous sources of help i cannot thank you enough. i would just like help clarifying some more things. now i have been on many sites seeing about the support documents for my sons passport and its very confusing for me as i have so much in my plate right now and i am getting no sense out of anyone. now i understand i need to have my full birth certificate my sons birth certificate, his id my id and my passport and his Peruvian passport and also i spent a hopeless 30 minutes and online yesterday speaking with an online operator who was hopeless regarding the countersignature but i suppose i have to find a way around this.do i need to provide any evidence from his dad as well ?? or anything i have missed anything help gratefully received thanks guys
The forms should tell you if you need to provide other information. You do need to enter details from both parents. My DH is the UKC so we provided his info and birth certificate and possibly passport but I didn't need to provide mine as a Canadian. That said there are no custody or separation issues so I'm not sure. The info required was pretty straight forward from my memory from 6 months ago.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 12:12 am
Just Joined

okay so as i understand it as i am the one who is British i will need to supply all my stuff that i get and also my babies information. i suppose i can just add the extra information like my marriage certificate if it is not needed it cannot hurt.could anyone give me a link straight to the page so i can see what documents are really needed this would help me thanks.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Just Google UK passport or border agency. It's pretty easy to search for yourself.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Try this link - good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:45 am
Just Joined

thanks to you all for all your helpful comments this has been of much use to me.