Does anyone rely on me for financial support question

Old Mar 2nd 2020, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

markandebony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone rely on me for financial support question

In applying for a spouse visa the question is asked does anyone rely on you for financial support?

We have two children aged 4 and 7 who are both British citizens. We have been advised that in answer to the above question we put 'no' as they do not need a visa.

Is that correct? Or is it a bit wierd our children are not dependant on us? We are applying via the savings route.

Or should i just put them as dependant on me as a UK citizen?

The other question is about shared financial responsibility?
Do we put our children under this heading, or once again just say no?

Any advice much appreciated
Old Mar 6th 2020, 2:13 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone rely on me for financial support question

They are dependent on you both but they won’t be included in the financial requirements as they are British citizens.
Old Mar 17th 2020, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Josephine25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Please can you clarify? I'm in the same situation. Does this mean that they do not even need to be included in the application? If they do, do we both put them or just me (sponsor).
Thanks so much!
Old Mar 18th 2020, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If the applicant has dependent children they are identified where it asks do you have dependents.

The children - if British - do not get included as an applicant.

The sponsor is not a dependent of the applicant. (if that is what you are asking)

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Mar 18th 2020 at 12:29 am.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for responding. That answers most of it, but do we both need to put that we have them as dependents? In the sponsor section they also ask if you have any dependents.
So we both include them where asked and as they are British citizens they will not be counted as financial dependents? Does that make sense?
Thanks again
Old Mar 18th 2020, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Josephine25 View Post
Thanks for responding. That answers most of it, but do we both need to put that we have them as dependents? In the sponsor section they also ask if you have any dependents.
So we both include them where asked and as they are British citizens they will not be counted as financial dependents? Does that make sense?
Thanks again
Yes ....
Old Mar 18th 2020, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Holdenapple is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife had to answer a similar question for the UK Ancestry Visa. She put yes, as we have two children who are UK citizens and 5 and 4 years old.

The next question though asked about the children's information including the nationality and passport numbers. It also asked If I and our children are part of the Application and the answer was no, as we all hold British passports except my wife.

Good luck.

P.S. I hope my wife's application still gets processed. She went to her bio metrics in Toronto yesterday and paid for priority service with VFM (decision within 5 days), which was then sent to New York.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Ok I'll go back in a look again.
Thanks for the info and good luck to you!
Old Mar 18th 2020, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Holdenapple is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem.
BritinParis is great for these sorts of questions!!! Helped me out a lot.