Document scanning centres uk query

Old Oct 2nd 2019, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

sam12345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Document scanning centres uk query

Can somebody please share their experience if they have had their documents scanned at any of the uk centres
do they accept black and white copies?
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

TexasToYorkshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Document scanning centres uk query

I too would like to hear anyone's experience with this. Trying to weigh the options, as it is all very unclear to me and my partner which routes are available, and which is the most sensible/effective. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You’ll need to provide originals to be scanned.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

sam12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You’ll need to provide originals to be scanned.
how about photographs? I've color printed mines on A4 sheets, or would i need to digitally print them?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 11:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam12345
how about photographs? I've color printed mines on A4 sheets, or would i need to digitally print them?
I printed my photos on A4 paper and got my visa, so it doesn't seem to be a problem.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam12345
That’s fine.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

My marriage certificate and some other documents are on larger page than A4 size paper if i do them on A4 size sheet for scanning then they'll not be original anymore and originals are required for scanning As i noticed so what should do
Old Oct 5th 2019, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mfamily
My marriage certificate and some other documents are on larger page than A4 size paper if i do them on A4 size sheet for scanning then they'll not be original anymore and originals are required for scanning As i noticed so what should do
If you are scanning them yourself and you only have an A4 scanner then scan one half and then the other.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you are scanning them yourself and you only have an A4 scanner then scan one half and then the other.
I'm not scanning myself. My wife is going to take all the documents to vfc scanning centre in the UK. Do They accept larger size than A4 size
Old Oct 5th 2019, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Mfamily
I'm not scanning myself. My wife is going to take all the documents to vfc scanning centre in the UK. Do They accept larger size than A4 size
Yes, no problem, but your wife needs to take the originals.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

JJ85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TexasToYorkshire
I too would like to hear anyone's experience with this. Trying to weigh the options, as it is all very unclear to me and my partner which routes are available, and which is the most sensible/effective. Thanks in advance!

The scanning hub are only taking photocopies , if you send originals you'll need to have a return envelope or it will be destroyed.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

TexasToYorkshire is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen that original marriage license is standard/recommended, and they want 'wet ink' signature for the employer letter? So as long as one includes the return envelope, no problem, correct? Does VFS really do scanning for you, or is doing the scanning yourself via AccessUK site better? I'll still mail in everything just to cover that.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

JJ85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TexasToYorkshire
I've seen that original marriage license is standard/recommended, and they want 'wet ink' signature for the employer letter? So as long as one includes the return envelope, no problem, correct? Does VFS really do scanning for you, or is doing the scanning yourself via AccessUK site better? I'll still mail in everything just to cover that.
oh ok I used TLSCONTACT must be different rules
Old Oct 7th 2019, 12:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJ85
oh ok I used TLSCONTACT must be different rules
This is a very good point and one that all should be aware of.

Everyone, please Google the VFS Global or TLS Contact centre you'll be attending for your biometrics - the websites provide information re the application process and what to bring to your biometrics appointment.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 10:35 pm

The OP is referring to the Sopra Steria centres in the UK, not the VFS Global/TLS Contact VACs abroad. Different rules apply depending on you are applying.