Do they keep the passport!?

Old Nov 15th 2014, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

James1859 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do they keep the passport!?

Hello Friends

Just some quick background info. My wife is a Syrian citizen who is currently domiciled in North Iraq, we filled in the spouse visa application form and said she was living in Iraq and gave all the details.

When it was time to book the appointment, we were given Turkey as the place to apply! Which I guess means there is no where in Iraq that processes spouse visa applications!

Anyway we went along with it. We now have an appointment for the application, that is on the 8th of Dec 2014.

My wife will come to Turkey from Iraq, and we'll go and apply together (I'll be with her). My question is, will they keep her passport or mine for the whole period when they are processing the application?

Or will they simply verify the passports and give them back to us?

It will be a massive problem if they do keep the passports, cause it means my wife won't be able to come back to her family home in North Iraq And if they keep mine, it means I'll lose my job since I won't be able to come back to the UK in time.

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.