Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

do I need to submit the original marriage certificate if it was not in English

do I need to submit the original marriage certificate if it was not in English

Old Apr 19th 2019, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

MuhammadH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do I need to submit the original marriage certificate if it was not in English

Hello I am applying for spouse visa. I have a certified translation copy of my marriage certificate. should I just submit this copy?
or do I still need to put the original one which is just in arabic. ?
in the certified translation the attached a pohto copy of the original certificate not the original certificate.
Old Apr 19th 2019, 12:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do I need to submit the original marriage certificate if it was not in Engli

Yes, you should include the original.
Old Apr 19th 2019, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: do I need to submit the original marriage certificate if it was not in Engli

ok thank you so much.
Old Apr 19th 2019, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes, you should include the original.

I have one more question I am sorry.
I asked a solicitor in London. if I should send all the documents to my wife in London and she send it from there. or should she send All the documents to me and I send it from egypt. but he said I will know where to send it from after I complete my online application, is that true?
Old Apr 20th 2019, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MuhammadH

I have one more question I am sorry.
I asked a solicitor in London. if I should send all the documents to my wife in London and she send it from there. or should she send All the documents to me and I send it from egypt. but he said I will know where to send it from after I complete my online application, is that true?
Yes. When you go for biometrics you'll be given the exact address to send to
Old Apr 25th 2019, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OSJG
Yes. When you go for biometrics you'll be given the exact address to send to
thank you so much, but will I be told also where to send it from?
I don't know where I should apply from
Old Apr 25th 2019, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

thank you so much, but will I be told also where to send it from?
I don't know where I should apply from
No you will only be told to use a good courier company. Apply from where you are presently legally resident. You may need to send your docs to your spouse to include their own docs before sending off or they send their docs to you and you send off. Again your VAC (visa application center) may be a scanning center where all the docs are scanned and you won't need to courier it. I think you should mention where you live now so ppl that have applied from there recently can tell you what obtains
Old Apr 25th 2019, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OSJG
No you will only be told to use a good courier company. Apply from where you are presently legally resident. You may need to send your docs to your spouse to include their own docs before sending off or they send their docs to you and you send off. Again your VAC (visa application center) may be a scanning center where all the docs are scanned and you won't need to courier it. I think you should mention where you live now so ppl that have applied from there recently can tell you what obtains
thank you so much for your help. I am living in Egypt,
if anyone has experience with apply from Egypt please share,
thank yo again.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

thank you so much for your help. I am living in Egypt,
if anyone has experience with apply from Egypt please share,
thank yo again.
you are welcome. I will suggest you check the timelines thread for people that submitted in Cairo and see if they scanned or sent in and you may shoot them a message to ask. I will help post the link to the thread
Old Apr 26th 2019, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

UK Spouse Visa STRICTLY TIMELINES ONLY - NO CHAT
Old Apr 26th 2019, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

thank you so much
Old Apr 27th 2019, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

thank you so much
You're welcome