British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Do I need my passport to apply for spouse visa extension? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/do-i-need-my-passport-apply-spouse-visa-extension-934845/)

MuhammadH Sep 16th 2020 11:12 am

Do I need my passport to apply for spouse visa extension?

Hey everyone. I have a spouse visa and I want to apply for extension. I have the biometric card that I received when I came here,
however my passport will expire in 3 months. Can I apply without the passport? Or if it will expire in one month when I apply?

I also have another question. I have been working for the same company for 6 months but I don't work same hours every month and my payslips are above the required amount except for 2 months. But the average of the 6 months are more than the required amount. Does that mean it will be consider as matching the required amount or not? Thanks a lot

SanDiegogirl Sep 16th 2020 2:48 pm

Re: Do I need my passport to apply for spouse visa extension?

You said you had a new passport in Jan 2020 ?

With regard your income you take your base salary and the average of your overtime payments, add them together and if they come to the equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum, you qualify.

Presume you are applying under Cat B

MuhammadH Sep 16th 2020 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12910789)
You said you had a new passport in Jan 2020 ?

With regard your income you take your base salary and the average of your overtime payments, add them together and if they come to the equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum, you qualify.

Presume you are applying under Cat B

Hey thank you. I didn't get a new passport in January. I was suppose to. But I still have the old passport only.

And I don't have a base salary. It's a casual contract. So every month I get paid depends on how many hours i worked. Can I add the payslips together and take the average?

BritInParis Sep 16th 2020 3:39 pm

When does your current BRP expire?

SanDiegogirl Sep 16th 2020 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by MuhammadH (Post 12910804)
Hey thank you. I didn't get a new passport in January. I was suppose to. But I still have the old passport only.

And I don't have a base salary. It's a casual contract. So every month I get paid depends on how many hours i worked. Can I add the payslips together and take the average?

Yes ,,,,

SanDiegogirl Sep 16th 2020 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by MuhammadH (Post 12910804)

You said your passport expired in Jan 2020, now you say it expires in 3 months...... which is it? The answer will depend on whether you have a current passport.

MuhammadH Sep 16th 2020 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12910820)
When does your current BRP expire?

It expires in Jun 2022

SanDiegogirl Sep 16th 2020 6:29 pm

You arrived on spouse visa in September 2019. So you renew your visa around June 2022.

Get your passport renewed before then.

Why are you asking about financial requirements now if you are not renewing visa until 2022? Who know what your income situation will be then?

MuhammadH Sep 17th 2020 5:50 am

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12910895)
You arrived on spouse visa in September 2019. So you renew your visa around June 2022.

Why are you asking about financial requirements now if you are not renewing visa until 2022? Who know what your income situation will be then?

I was going to renew it now. I don't know. I saw online that you can renew after six months. That's why I was going to renew it. I don't understand this part very well. Do I have to wait before it ends and renew it or to do it when I am able to?

MuhammadH Sep 17th 2020 6:06 am

Maybe I should wait for the passport. I just thought I should apply since I might be meeting the financial requirements,
​​​​​​And the new passport is taking forever.
thank you.

BritInParis Sep 17th 2020 9:44 am

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12910895)

Originally Posted by MuhammadH (Post 12911032)
I was going to renew it now. I don't know. I saw online that you can renew after six months. That's why I was going to renew it. I don't understand this part very well. Do I have to wait before it ends and renew it or to do it when I am able to?

Originally Posted by MuhammadH (Post 12911034)
Maybe I should wait for the passport. I just thought I should apply since I might be meeting the financial requirements,
​​​​​​And the new passport is taking forever.
thank you.

You shouldn't be applying until 28 days before your current visa expires. If your current BRP doesn't expire until June 2022 then you are a long, long way off. Just renew your passport and forget about it for the next 18 months.