do i meet the financial requirement?

Old Sep 15th 2017, 5:59 pm
wix
Just Joined

wix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do i meet the financial requirement?

Hi All

I am a British Citizen (born here) and recently lived in Vietnam for 3 years where i met my wife. We've been married 1.5 years and have a 10 month old daughter who has a British passport.

After lots of deliberation, we decided that we wanted to move to the UK and found that the best and safest option in getting a visa for my wife was for me to move back to the UK alone to work for 6 months and then apply for the visa. I have just been offered a job and want to check i meet the financial requirement so would appreciate it if anyone could confirm that i do from the following details:

1. I need £18,600 as my child is a British citizen and so isn't classed as a dependent.

2. My job offer is a permanent job with a salary of £15,500

3. I own a house i rent out, which has a rental income of £6000 a year. I have been renting the house out continuously for the past 6 years and the title deeds are in my name.

As far as i can see i do qualify and so would like to accept this job asap if thats the case so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

*one point is that i do still pay a mortgage on the house, but from what i have read in the financial requirements document, they don't take this in to consideration?
Old Sep 16th 2017, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do i meet the financial requirement?

Originally Posted by wix

1. I need £18,600 as my child is a British citizen and so isn't classed as a dependent.

2. My job offer is a permanent job with a salary of £15,500

3. I own a house i rent out, which has a rental income of £6000 a year. I have been renting the house out continuously for the past 6 years and the title deeds are in my name.

As far as i can see i do qualify and so would like to accept this job asap if thats the case so any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Unless you got another property in the UK for you and your family to live in when you return. I don't think your conclusion is correct.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

Section 6.2 of Appendix FM 1.7 deals with property rental income. In 6.2.4, it noted that -

Where the couple are returning to the UK from overseas, rental income from a property in the UK that will become the couple’s main residence if the application is granted can be combined with the applicant’s partner’s overseas employment income to meet that part of the financial requirement. However, it cannot be combined with the income from the applicant’s partner’s job offer in the UK as the couple’s home in the UK will no longer be a source of income once the couple have returned here.

I may be wrong, can other members of the forum can clarify this one?
Old Sep 17th 2017, 8:22 am
wix
Just Joined

wix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: do i meet the financial requirement?

Thanks for your reply HKG3...

We plan to either rent another property when my wife and baby arrive, or we will stay with my parents until we are ready to get our own property. My rented property will remain a rented property, so although your point is correct, it doesn't apply to us in our case. Thanks for pointing that out to me though as i hadn't seen that paragraph.