difference in wait times Priority vs Non-Prority

Old Mar 5th 2019, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

sete2609 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: difference in wait times Priority vs Non-Prority

Hello Caligirluk. Me and my wife were in the exact same situation as you. We applied on December 4 so about 6 days before you and just received the visa back last week Friday. 58 working days. we also used priority. We also applied from California. Watch out after you get the decision made email though as we were tracking through UPS however they used a different tracking number, so did not know that it was on the way. Good luck
Old Mar 5th 2019, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

CaliGirlUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sete2609
Hello Caligirluk. Me and my wife were in the exact same situation as you. We applied on December 4 so about 6 days before you and just received the visa back last week Friday. 58 working days. we also used priority. We also applied from California. Watch out after you get the decision made email though as we were tracking through UPS however they used a different tracking number, so did not know that it was on the way. Good luck
Thanks for sharing sete2609! Unfortunately I just we received the “processing your application has not been straightforward” email so now we’re having to consider canceling our plans to move back to the UK altogether. I’ve never been in a more stressful situation before - now at 56 working days and still no decision made. We also received a response from MP’s office stating that he has been assured that a decision on our application “will be made soon”...such a shame that families are being duped into the Priority service scheme yet not getting what they paid for. I do believe it’s down to luck and whoever is in charge of processing your application.

Last edited by CaliGirlUK; Mar 5th 2019 at 11:08 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2019, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliGirlUK

Thanks for sharing sete2609! Unfortunately I just we received the “processing your application has not been straightforward” email so now we’re having to consider canceling our plans to move back to the UK altogether. I’ve never been in a more stressful situation before - now at 56 working days and still no decision made. We also received a response from MP’s office stating that he has been assured that a decision on our application “will be made soon”...such a shame that families are being duped into the Priority service scheme yet not getting what they paid for. I do believe it’s down to luck and whoever is in charge of processing your application.
Do you know if the HO has been in contact with your husband's company to undertake employment checks?

You have NO idea as to why it would not be straightforward?
Old Mar 5th 2019, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

sete2609 is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly I do not have a clue. Although I have heard through people that they say that when they are to busy and won't be able to get to your case in time. Nobody contacted us regarding employment checks. We literally had two email from them. one saying they are working on it and the other saying a decision had been made. Hang in there, I know it's tough.
Old Mar 5th 2019, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Do you know if the HO has been in contact with your husband's company to undertake employment checks?

You have NO idea as to why it would not be straightforward?
genuinely, no. The MP asked HO if there was anything wrong with our application but they confirmed that our application wasn’t the issue. He believes there’s just a backlog of applications before ours that’s causing a delay. We’ve had ZERO emails from UKVI apart from the one confirming that it is being reviewed by ECO. After countless phone calls we still can’t work out why it’s taking so long. The first time around (2013) I had paid priority (same spouse; salary was less than it is now) and got my visa approved in a week. This time around I guess some priority applications get through the aimed processing times whilst mine and others are just stuck/delayed due to the sheer volumes of applications. My husband’s employers have not been contacted; family in UK have not heard anything either. My kids and husband are British citizens so they’re just waiting on me.
Old Mar 5th 2019, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

genuinely, no. The MP asked HO if there was anything wrong with our application but they confirmed that our application wasn’t the issue. He believes there’s just a backlog of applications before ours that’s causing a delay. We’ve had ZERO emails from UKVI apart from the one confirming that it is being reviewed by ECO. After countless phone calls we still can’t work out why it’s taking so long. The first time around (2013) I had paid priority (same spouse; salary was less than it is now) and got my visa approved in a week. This time around I guess some priority applications get through the aimed processing times whilst mine and others are just stuck/delayed due to the sheer volumes of applications. My husband’s employers have not been contacted; family in UK have not heard anything either. My kids and husband are British citizens so they’re just waiting on me.
There seems to be a delay in processing US applications lately. Interestingly applications from other countries don't appear to be affected by this delay, if you look at the timeline thread. Having said that I'm on day 25 priority and I haven't heard back yet so it's not super fast for me either.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bingbing25
There seems to be a delay in processing US applications lately. Interestingly applications from other countries don't appear to be affected by this delay, if you look at the timeline thread. Having said that I'm on day 25 priority and I haven't heard back yet so it's not super fast for me either.
Unfortunately there are many priority applications that are over 45 WD and I understand there is a backlog. My husbands took 51 working days
I have found those that upload their own docs seem to get quicker responses.
I also think lot of people are applying priority ..

I am going to see if we we can get a refund on the priority fee but don’t hold out much hope.
To all who are waiting hang in there ... it will come
Old Mar 6th 2019, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

Unfortunately there are many priority applications that are over 45 WD and I understand there is a backlog. My husbands took 51 working days
I have found those that upload their own docs seem to get quicker responses.
I also think lot of people are applying priority ..

I am going to see if we we can get a refund on the priority fee but don’t hold out much hope.
To all who are waiting hang in there ... it will come

Just out of curiosity, did you write 'priority' on your package? (Or were yours scanned?) I wasn't aware that this was necessary until just a couple of days before I actually sent mine off.

Yeh, there are many that go past 30 days, but most of them are from the US.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bingbing25
Just out of curiosity, did you write 'priority' on your package? (Or were yours scanned?) I wasn't aware that this was necessary until just a couple of days before I actually sent mine off.

Yeh, there are many that go past 30 days, but most of them are from the US.
Yes priority was written on the front and back of package and no we did not scan.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 5:39 am
Just Joined

We are now at 60 working days with my priority application. We have been told by a UK Immigration lawyer that this is now standard for settlement applications?? Yet I see dozen of priority applications being approved within 30 working days or less, even from the US. Guess we have bad luck
Old Mar 9th 2019, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

We are now at 60 working days with my priority application. We have been told by a UK Immigration lawyer that this is now standard for settlement applications?? Yet I see dozen of priority applications being approved within 30 working days or less, even from the US. Guess we have bad luck
The 30 day timeline seems to be only an informal figure with no formal commitment made to it. One can only assume that some additional checks were necessary for your application...
Old Mar 10th 2019, 8:15 am
Just Joined

POIKKIMAKI is an unknown quantity at this point

When I scanned - the guy kept telling me he had to switch over a setting from regular to priority. They did this 3x.. I believe that sometimes they don’t and it goes by regular. Like my biometrics said regular till he switched it -

I got my passport back in my hand 20 working days from biometrics. Never hurts to check if they switched it.

Old Mar 23rd 2019, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

TorontotoGlasgow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Just wondering if you have heard anything. I did my bio-metrics in Toronto on January 7 as non-priority still waiting at 55 WD days. Did you ever contact the UKVI?

Thanks,
Old Mar 23rd 2019, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

lady7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did non-priority spouse from Toronto and it took 62 days/41 working days (Nov 15 2018-Jan 16 2019). I was told it'd be approx. 12 weeks. I heard nothing until 1 month in when I received an email letting me know someone had been assigned to my case. Have you received it? It may just be bad luck given the times...
Old Mar 23rd 2019, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

TorontotoGlasgow is an unknown quantity at this point

I received an email exactly four weeks after biometrics on Feb 4 stating that an EO has been assigned. We are now entering the 12th week, so was just keen to see if other non-priority applications submitted in Toronto lately have been pushed beyond the service standard