difference in wait times Priority vs Non-Prority

Old Mar 1st 2019, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Canadianwife1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile difference in wait times Priority vs Non-Prority

Hi all,

I have been a lurker for quite a while and finally decided to make my first post. I applied for a Spouse Settlement Visa from Toronto, Canada. We are at the 44 WD mark
and applied non-priority. Just curious what are the average wait-time differences in priority and non-priority that you have seen?

I have seen others who have applied from Toronto way later than us and get their visa (priority)

Also, because i cant escalate my case (i think that can only be done with priority) - other than emailing UKVI, Is there anything I can do?
I am starting to worry. I did get the standard email from UKVI on January 29th 2019.

Thanks for your input
Old Mar 1st 2019, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Lifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: difference in wait times Priority vs Non-Prority

Priority is around a month. Recently, I've seen 15-20 working days for it to be processed.

When I look at the non-priority applications (on the timelines), people from October/November are just getting their VISA's granted now.

Quite a noticable difference.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canadianwife1
Hi all,

Just curious what are the average wait-time differences in priority and non-priority that you have seen?

Thanks for your input
These days there does not appear to be an average wait time difference .... one of the forum members CaliGirlUK submitted an apparently straightforward application under priority service as is still waiting at 54 working days. Which, at one stage, we would have said would have been the norm for non priority applications

If you take a look at this thread UK Spouse Visa STRICTLY TIMELINES ONLY - NO CHAT it would seem that most people are going for priority service - which I think is what is pushing out the completion dates. Having said that another submission under priority apparently got through in 19 working days from biometrics being done! All over the place these days.......
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 4:42 am
Just Joined

CaliGirlUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it does seem like priority vs. non-priority doesn’t have a strict timeline at the moment. There was another forum member Sammy2018 who had to wait 50 working days for her priority application to reach a decision. Our case is straightforward, the Home Office have told us that they’re experiencing delays that are not to do with our application directly. We are at 54 working days, not sure if Priority is worth it really. Another forum member recently posted that her non-priority application was processed and approved in 53 working days.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:51 am
Just Joined

POIKKIMAKI is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did priority from Toronto and I got it back in 20 working days - Jan 30 - feb 27.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 2:55 pm
ntb
Forum Regular

ntb is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly I believe its all down to luck when it comes to priority processing.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

juiceboxfairie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm curious about calculating the working days timeline. Do you begin the timeline from your biometrics appointment or from the email saying your application is being reviewed?

If it's biometrics it been roughly 60 days for me. Dec 10 2018 (minus holidays)

If it's email notification it's been 30 days. Jan 18 2019

​​​​​​​Also non-priority. Getting nervous.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:18 pm
ntb
Forum Regular

Im not sure some say since biometrics some say differently but either way i think you should call or email to escalate your case
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the response! But is it true as stated above by OP that a non-priority application cannot escalate?
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:41 pm
ntb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by juiceboxfairie
Thanks for the response! But is it true as stated above by OP that a non-priority application cannot escalate?
thats false information! You can escalate your case even though its non priority.

Ps if you look on the strictly timelines topic you will see that A LOT of people escalated their case with non priority
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Man then I am doing this RIGHT NOW. Screw this waiting nonsense! Thanks for the help :-)
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 8:18 pm
ntb
Forum Regular

Man then I am doing this RIGHT NOW. Screw this waiting nonsense! Thanks for the help :-)
No problem! Good luck and keep us updated!
Old Mar 4th 2019, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP. Just an update on my 60+ WD non-priority visa status (hopefully it will ease your worry to know that the processing times are all over the place). I emailed UKVI and they responded this morning. There has been a decision on my visa but per usual they cannot tell me what the decision is. I don't know if I feel better or even more stressed now lol
Old Mar 4th 2019, 2:10 pm
ntb
Forum Regular

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP. Just an update on my 60+ WD non-priority visa status (hopefully it will ease your worry to know that the processing times are all over the place). I emailed UKVI and they responded this morning. There has been a decision on my visa but per usual they cannot tell me what the decision is. I don't know if I feel better or even more stressed now lol

Thats great news! Im sure its a big YES
Old Mar 4th 2019, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

My husbands application took exactly 60 WD from biometrics non priority. Applied in summer.
My sister in law's application took 45WD from biometrics non priority. Applied in winter from the same country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.