Delays to UK spouse visas?

Old Feb 9th 2021, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

nickymcd is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Delays to UK spouse visas?

Hello,

My spouse applied from the USA for his UK spouse visa in October 2020. He heard from the UKVI that a decision had been made on 11 January. We are still waiting for the passport (hopefully with the visa inside) to be returned some one month after this.

The UKVI processed time seems to suggest that 12 weeks to the decision, but I cannot find how long it actually takes to get the passport back in my husband's hands.

The passport/application went via the VFS scanning hub in New York and was non-priority. A UPS return label was sent with the package back in October following the biometric interview.

Has anyone any advice on how long it normally takes for the passport to be returned?

The lack of transparency to this process is killing us.

Nicky
Old Feb 9th 2021, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays to UK spouse visas?

You got your approval pretty quickly - October to January - even with Covid.

Some people have waited several weeks for the return of the passport

The following website have some info as to contacts:

https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/im...n/visa-delays/
Old Feb 9th 2021, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Goldfish14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

We applied mid July, with an August 2020 biometrics date, non priority (it wan’t open at the time). In November I received a call from the HO asking questions about our relationship and if I was happy to sponsor the application. A month later in December, passport was returned with the visa. They say it takes 60 working days to process. If it goes beyond this, you can call them for a status update.

hope that helps and gives some hope

all the very best
Old Feb 16th 2021, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

nickymcd is an unknown quantity at this point

A little update. Amazingly enough we got word the passport was being returned the day after I posted to this forum. It arrived on Friday 12 February complete with UK spouse visa So it does take a while for the passport to be returned, a good month. So don't lose faith. It is frustrating that you really don't know where it is for a while. But it works out in the end.

Hubby flying into the UK in 2 days