Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Sep 5th 2015, 1:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by dehere
Hello brtlnparis But the HMPO did stated that do you still live in the UK ? Which I answered no I live in ME even though my bank Acc and driving licenses is still registered on UK friend address.c
And she said she will let the examiner know that I no longer use UK address.
And then I asked her how long will it take for pAssport to be issued she said still long way to go.
She also said do you still live in Birmingham or use Birmingham address? I said no I use my ME address.
What I don't understand is that why they traced my UK address nothing to do with my child app form.
Any advice will be appreciated in advance.
So you were applying from overseas using the overseas form and you gave an overseas address? I don't see why there would be a problem. You can't change the address on your GB driving licence to an address outside the UK and many people maintain UK bank accounts whilst outside the UK. There's nothing untoward about this.

They may have your UK address on file from previous applications made by you or your son or his other parent.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

dehere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
So you were applying from overseas using the overseas form and you gave an overseas address? I don't see why there would be a problem. You can't change the address on your GB driving licence to an address outside the UK and many people maintain UK bank accounts whilst outside the UK. There's nothing untoward about this.

They may have your UK address on file from previous applications made by you or your son or his other parent.
Yes indeed I went to the UK in May and renewed my other son British passport and then when I was returned to ME I Applied for my son.
From your exprience what was the purpose of this call what is my next stage? You seemed very experienced
Old Sep 5th 2015, 1:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed I went to the UK in May and renewed my other son British passport and then when I was returned to ME I Applied for my son.
From your exprience what was the purpose of this call what is my next stage? You seemed very experienced
Which countries were your sons born in?
Old Sep 5th 2015, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Which countries were your sons born in?
My son Born in Iraq Erbil Kurdistan all document that I sent with my app all were translated and certified by KRG local goverment
Me and my wife were born in Erbil, UK naturalized citizen and our son also born in Erbil.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 1:53 pm

My son Born in Iraq Erbil Kurdistan all document that I sent with my app all were translated and certified by KRG local goverment
Me and my wife were born in Erbil, UK naturalized citizen and our son also born in Erbil.
So Iraq would be considered a high risk country as you'd expect. Your son's application will therefore be a marathon not a sprint. Prepare for a long wait. You will likely be interviewed at some point as well.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

So Iraq would be considered a high risk country as you'd expect. Your son's application will therefore be a marathon not a sprint. Prepare for a long wait. You will likely be interviewed at some point as well.
But as I mentioned we live in north controlled by KRG and both parent Kurdish national UK know that Kurdistan is other Iraq.
Do think this will still be the same?
Old Sep 5th 2015, 2:30 pm

But as I mentioned we live in north controlled by KRG and both parent Kurdish national UK know that Kurdistan is other Iraq.
Do think this will still be the same?
Unfortunately it would still apply to Iraqi Kurdistan. Hopefully the KRG will be more efficient in helping HMPO to confirm the validity of the documents than the government in Baghdad but it will still likely take some time.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Unfortunately it would still apply to Iraqi Kurdistan. Hopefully the KRG will be more efficient in helping HMPO to confirm the validity of the documents than the government in Baghdad but it will still likely take some time.
Thanks for your time lets hope for the best.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

little angel is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied for my daughter first passport on 18/04/2015 from Iraq .although the PO website indicate 12 weeks processing time for the application submitted from Iraq, it is over 4 months and still don't know when the passport will be issued, in July i have received an email from Durham asking me to confirm my address, since them no progress ,any time i call the PO , they say that the application is within the examination team in Durham , any advice will be appreciated
Old Sep 5th 2015, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by little angel
I have applied for my daughter first passport on 18/04/2015 from Iraq .although the PO website indicate 12 weeks processing time for the application submitted from Iraq, it is over 4 months and still don't know when the passport will be issued, in July i have received an email from Durham asking me to confirm my address, since them no progress ,any time i call the PO , they say that the application is within the examination team in Durham , any advice will be appreciated
Hello little angel:
i also sent my son app from Erbil yesterday the HMPO contacted via phone yesterday i asking if i still live in the UK i told them that the my current address is showing on my son app form which is in ERBIL.

and then she said that all i needs to know i will let the examiner know about it that you no longer use your UK address.
thats all i heard from them.

Which part of Iraq you sent your daughter app from?
Are you and you wife were naturalized British Citizen?
Did you certified your daughter translated doc with the local government foreign affair office, health ministries office, judiciary etc?
Old Sep 5th 2015, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

little angel is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the reason they called is just to double check you current country of residency ,nothing to worry about and it is art PO recruitment,I have Submitted the application from KRG part and then gave it to a friend of mine who was on a family gathering trip in iraq to send off to Durham within the UK , yes i have certificated all the related supporting document with the proposed KRG official directorate
Old Sep 6th 2015, 7:44 am
Just Joined

xerex is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you applying for yourself or your child? Where were you born and where are you applying from? Is a first adult application or a first time application for any British passport?
I applied for myself...i did so from hongkong.this is the my first adult passport application
Old Sep 6th 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by xerex
I applied for myself...i did so from hongkong.this is the my first adult passport application
I'm guessing if you have been waiting 11 months you weren't born in Hong Kong. Where were you born and what is your claim to British citizenship?
Old Sep 6th 2015, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by little angel
I think the reason they called is just to double check you current country of residency ,nothing to worry about and it is art PO recruitment,I have Submitted the application from KRG part and then gave it to a friend of mine who was on a family gathering trip in iraq to send off to Durham within the UK , yes i have certificated all the related supporting document with the proposed KRG official directorate
Why not contacting your mp if it's over four months
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Hello where are everyone please let us know your update news?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.