Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Mar 26th 2015, 9:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by JW1973
Thanks for the info. We'll just have to make sure he spends the required time in the UK. The idea of his offspring ending up non British (or comparable) with only South African nationality is a bit too grim to contemplate
This scenario will only raise its ugly head if he has a child outside the UK and his other half isn't British otherwise than by descent. Unlikely if he plans to make his home in the UK for the foreseeable future but worth keeping in mind.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 9:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MKR333
Oh how grateful I am I found this site. I'm currently in Lebanon and so far have waited 17 weeks for my son's passport. I am British and my husband is Lebanese. We were quite meticulous with the documentation so don't feel there will be a problem (I hope not anyway), I really don't know what else I could ask to provide.

I'm kicking myself now though for not registering his birth with the consular. I had read it wasn't required for the passport so just figured I'd sort it out in the UK, thinking his pp would take a month or so. We wanted to get all the paperwork done fast after his birth as we don't live in Lebanon. (Can anyone answer whether I can still register my son on the GRO even though he;s now 5 months old?)
There's no time limit for consular birth registration. Your son's birth can be registered at any time and from any country including the UK.

We just came here to Lebanon to deliver and then planned to head back to Asia, where we do live after a visit to the UK, to introduce my son to his UK family.

My husband already returned to Asia for work 1 week before we put the application in. We never dreamt it would be 12 weeks, let alone longer than that!

The first 12 weeks were very frustrating, not knowing whether we were coming or going. Everytime I called the UK passport office, I'd get less than helpful information. Usually the person on the line would check the website for duration times to Lebanon, telling me it'll be around 12 weeks, telling me they can't help me without a reference number, even though I wasn't issued one and giving me their usual motto 'no news is good news' and to 'hang in there'. I'm sure these are hanging on their office wall!

We're so lucky we have somewhere to stay at my husband's parent's house and I get along really well with the family, otherwise I'd no idea what we would have done.

On the 12th week I called and was told, it should be soon and to wait another 2 weeks and if it still hadn't arrived contact them again and they'll escalate it through to the 'office'. So week 14 came and I called and they asked me to provide an email address and someone will get back to me within 4 working days. At last some news I thought!

Within 30mins I received an email from Liverpool, confirming receipt of my son's application and it was going through the routine security checks, no timeframe on completion could be provided. Sigh...

That led me to Google and this forum.

I'm now resided to the fact I could still be only half way there and I'm not expecting to hear anything anytime soon, which to be honest has been a relief. I've been able to stop focusing on when we're leaving to instead focusing on making the most being here.

Thank god we have someone to take care of us. I'm so shocked at the lies and total disregard to our situation even though we're British citizens. I feel like they've totally just left us out in the wilderness, without a second thought to whether we are able to survive or not.

If they had be honest in the first place, we would have delivered in the UK and not put our family in limbo.

Let's see what our story turns out to be. Wishing the best of luck to those still waiting too.
It's unfortunate that HMPO cannot be more honest with the processing times from high risk countries. Beyond making a formal complaint to your MP in the UK there's little you can do but be patient and wait.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone...

Any updates at ur end....knighstrike, what about u.
It's been 10 days after our interview and our case is still under processing again even though the interview lady said that its the last step and will receive passport shortly.

Maybe they are just waiting for 6 months to be completed. Every time I call they say they are still under limit provided on apps from Pakistan....so I shudnt be calling them....

Still 6 months is a lot better than 9 or 11 months...only hope it all ends soon. Hope they don't go about asking for second interviews and taking another couple of months....
Old Mar 30th 2015, 8:53 am
Just Joined

JW1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Received the new passport and supporting documents this morning in two separate parcels from DHL. Just under 4 weeks from date of submission
Old Mar 30th 2015, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by JW1973
Received the new passport and supporting documents this morning in two separate parcels from DHL. Just under 4 weeks from date of submission
Good news - glad to see all that haggling didn't go to waste.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we got some great news today. We sent off my sons passport application around three weeks ago and yesterday my father in law rang me to say our supporting documents have been mailed back. This morning he calls again and says the passport is now here. We got no confirmation that they received our application except for the post office estimating it would get there by 26th March. I was expecting over a month of waiting at least.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Faree
Hello everyone...

Any updates at ur end....knighstrike, what about u.
It's been 10 days after our interview and our case is still under processing again even though the interview lady said that its the last step and will receive passport shortly.

Maybe they are just waiting for 6 months to be completed. Every time I call they say they are still under limit provided on apps from Pakistan....so I shudnt be calling them....

Still 6 months is a lot better than 9 or 11 months...only hope it all ends soon. Hope they don't go about asking for second interviews and taking another couple of months....
I received an email from HMPO Bangkok just minutes ago.

They're asking me for an interview on the 21st of April here at the embassy in Manila.

When you get an interview and everything goes well, how long does it take to finally process the passport? I've read from some of the posters here about three weeks right?
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by knighstrike
I received an email from HMPO Bangkok just minutes ago.

They're asking me for an interview on the 21st of April here at the embassy in Manila.

When you get an interview and everything goes well, how long does it take to finally process the passport? I've read from some of the posters here about three weeks right?
Hello knighstrike

Congrats....it's a big development in your case....maybe be u can finally see some light in this case....happy for u.

Well as far as my husband knows and was told...his interview went all fine and was told the passport wud be with us in 3 weeks time max....but I cantacted the hmpo just yesterday and I still got that dreadful reply....security checks. Don't know what's taking so long...
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Hello knighstrike

Congrats....it's a big development in your case....maybe be u can finally see some light in this case....happy for u.

Well as far as my husband knows and was told...his interview went all fine and was told the passport wud be with us in 3 weeks time max....but I cantacted the hmpo just yesterday and I still got that dreadful reply....security checks. Don't know what's taking so long...
Thanks. How long has it been since your husband's interview?

HMPO in Liverpool don't know much what is happening when it comes to overseas applications.

It's much better to contact the actual office in charge of your application (security checks), in my case, HMPO Bangkok as I'm in Asia.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello knighstrike

Hello Faree
I have applied from Hong Kong and they tell the same answer 'Security checks' in my case as well. It has been about 4 months in my case too. It seems we are in a similar situation.
How often shall we make a call to them?? Any idea??
Detailed answer will be really appreciated.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Hello knighstrike and raihk2015

My hubby's interview was on 17 March. It's been more than 2 weeks and it's still in security checks. Can't figure what's going on.

I don't know about calling....cause every time I call they say we are within our time limit and call after 6 months....as their website says apps from Pakistan takes atleast 6 months...mine wud be over on 21 April...

I don't know what's happeneing. I tried to contact the interviewer but no avail....
Old Apr 4th 2015, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello knighstrike and raihk2015

My hubby's interview was on 17 March. It's been more than 2 weeks and it's still in security checks. Can't figure what's going on.

I don't know about calling....cause every time I call they say we are within our time limit and call after 6 months....as their website says apps from Pakistan takes atleast 6 months...mine wud be over on 21 April...

I don't know what's happeneing. I tried to contact the interviewer but no avail....
The time required is 'at least 8 weeks' from Hong Kong and they have already taken 18. Every time I call them they speak very well and say that I will receive an email about my process. And the email says 'security checks and we will try to keep it to minimum'. Ah! The same type of reply. Painful and disappointing.

Hope this ends soon.
Old Apr 4th 2015, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

drmysterious is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Hi Guys,

3 months ago I moved to Saudi Arabia with my wife for work. We now have a 2-month old baby boy (so born in Saudi Arabia).

I have applied for his British passport online, and the passport office in Liverpool had received the application on 16 March 2015. According to the website, the processing time in my case is around 8 weeks.

However, I am really disheartened to learn on this forum that it takes much longer than this. My holidays are scheduled on the 15th June, and I and my wife were planning to go back to the UK for 20 days and then fly somewhere nice for the remaining period of the holidays.

On a side note, I hold dual nationality (including British), whilst my wife is on ILR (so non-British).

Please could people who had previously applied from Saudi Arabia / Gulf area report on the waiting time to receive the passport. I need to book my flight tickets within this month for the UK visit and holidays.

What do you advise?

Many thanks
Old Apr 7th 2015, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

drmysterious is an unknown quantity at this point

It is really quiet here, which may not be a good sign in respect to the processing time
Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Helloooo

Where is everybody?
Any updates guys...everyone is quite.

No updates from me....3 weeks since interview....almost 6 months overall....still processing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.