Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Mar 17th 2015, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by knighstrike
Talk to your relatives, then ask them if they could get in touch with their local MPs. They can search for the emails online, House of Commons or House of Lords. They could also try ringing their offices.
Thank you for the ideas. I will contact my relatives now and try to get in contact with some MPs of their area.
Any other idea would be highly appreciated.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

ndn2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was renewing my passport and getting my daughter her first british passport from USA, mine arrived first in about 2 weeks and hers arrived in about 4 weeks.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

elizdave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knighstrike
No news yet, but I'm giving myself some time until the end of February.

If my passport still isn't processed by then, I'm thinking of getting an ETD then moving to the UK instead.

I've already asked some friends and people I know in England about jobs I could go for and places I could stay at, while I get set-up.

Still, I hope I won't have to.

Anyway, I advice you and your husband to get an ETD for your daughter, if you can't stand the waiting anymore.
hi any news on ur application? i just received an email that our daugther passport has been issued yesterday...
still cant believe until i have it in my hand...almost 11 months
Old Mar 17th 2015, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by elizdave
hi any news on ur application? i just received an email that our daugther passport has been issued yesterday...
still cant believe until i have it in my hand...almost 11 months
That's great news! Finally you'll get it! I can understand your skepticism, but really when HMPO says that, it means the passport is ready for dispatch. Expect a package at your home address any day now. Make sure to give the manong delivery man a tip if you can. Hahahahaha...

Yeah, they had just asked me more questions. It's annoying as it shows how much the level of distrust that they have. Still, there was nothing that I could not answer.

Last edited by knighstrike; Mar 17th 2015 at 4:37 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ndn2015
i was renewing my passport and getting my daughter her first british passport from USA, mine arrived first in about 2 weeks and hers arrived in about 4 weeks.
That's great news. I'm applying for my sons from the U.S. too. I was expecting two months or more to wait. I can't wait to get this whole process moving.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point

Could I just clarify something with you all? For just a visit to the UK the maximum time is six months right? Has this changed at all?
Old Mar 17th 2015, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

paultheghost is an unknown quantity at this point

No is still the same, visitor visa whether it general or family grants 180 days maximum in the uk in any one year regardless of whether the visa is valid for 6 months, one year, two years etc, etc
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 6:36 am
Just Joined

JW1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update - This is a slightly different matter - after Durham had had my application for 2 weeks, I got an emailed letter over this weekend asking for further supporting documents. This all stems from the fact that I was born in Germany where my father was serving in the Army at the time, and the need to prove that I am British "other than by descent" (through my father having been on "Crown Service"), so that I can in fact pass British nationality (by descent) to my South Africa born son. They wanted my father's birth certificate, my parents' marriage certificate and my father's "letter of discharge" or recruitment from the army.

The letter rather stroppily pointed out that I had not provided all the required documentation, although the above items were not mentioned anywhere in the innumerable pages of guidance notes.

I Skyped my father in the UK, and he was able to send his birth certificate and marriage certificate to Durham. He couldn't provide a "discharge letter" and had never heard of such thing in his 31 years' service in the Army. He did, however, send them his Army ID and a document relating to his Army Pension. I can only hope these will do the trick. If nothing else, it's good to know that my application has actually been opened and read.

Advice to anyone else who had the dubious pleasure of being born in an Army base in Germany or elsewhere - just be sure to include documents which prove your father's nationality and Crown Service, as the buggers don't appear to mention the need for them anywhere when you are making your application.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Komfo120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjghana
Finally got a call to inform us that my son's passport is ready to collect tomorrow (which happens to be my birthday, after 23 weeks feels like a birthday present). We applied in Ghana and experienced the following timeframe:

Applied 16th July 2014
Contacted my MP 3rd December
Interview 15th December
Passport collection 24th December

We are so relieved after a long wait which delayed many things in our life.

Good luck to everyone else!
Hello JJGhana,I have been called for an interview for an interview in accra Wednesday.
Please can I ask you what type of questions did they ask you if you can possible outline them here for me and also how long was the interview for in accra?
Thank you very much
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Komfo120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello members of the forum, please has any body been in an interview recently for first overseas child British application either Ghana or any other country?
Please I want to ask if any one knows what type of questions do they ask and how long an interview takes?
Your answers would be much appreciated
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Komfo120
Hello members of the forum, please has any body been in an interview recently for first overseas child British application either Ghana or any other country?
Please I want to ask if any one knows what type of questions do they ask and how long an interview takes?
Your answers would be much appreciated
Hello

My husband had an interview on 17 March. But the he is london and had interview at London office. It lasted a good 30 min but they rather chatted more. He was asked questions abt baby...weight, time of birth, hospital, doctors name, how was the birth...normal or operation...there were more questions abt the counter signator...who is he, where he work, how we know him, his address.

Basically general questions, nothing tough.

Actually we applied from Pakistan in mid October 2014. My hubby is in uk so they called him in for interview. He was told if all goes well now we will receive passport in 2-3 weeks.

I have seen ppl here get passport in hand in abt 10 days time from interview if it has not been sent to processing again. I called them today to find out if it has been printed, but it's still under processing.

By the way does everyone gets email or phone call when passport is printed, issued or dispatched?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Komfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faree
Hello

My husband had an interview on 17 March. But the he is london and had interview at London office. It lasted a good 30 min but they rather chatted more. He was asked questions abt baby...weight, time of birth, hospital, doctors name, how was the birth...normal or operation...there were more questions abt the counter signator...who is he, where he work, how we know him, his address.

Basically general questions, nothing tough.

Actually we applied from Pakistan in mid October 2014. My hubby is in uk so they called him in for interview. He was told if all goes well now we will receive passport in 2-3 weeks.

I have seen ppl here get passport in hand in abt 10 days time from interview if it has not been sent to processing again. I called them today to find out if it has been printed, but it's still under processing.

By the way does everyone gets email or phone call when passport is printed, issued or dispatched?
Thank you very much for prompt response. I believe they will call you or by email if the call didn't get through
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JW1973
Update - This is a slightly different matter - after Durham had had my application for 2 weeks, I got an emailed letter over this weekend asking for further supporting documents. This all stems from the fact that I was born in Germany where my father was serving in the Army at the time, and the need to prove that I am British "other than by descent" (through my father having been on "Crown Service"), so that I can in fact pass British nationality (by descent) to my South Africa born son. They wanted my father's birth certificate, my parents' marriage certificate and my father's "letter of discharge" or recruitment from the army.

The letter rather stroppily pointed out that I had not provided all the required documentation, although the above items were not mentioned anywhere in the innumerable pages of guidance notes.

I Skyped my father in the UK, and he was able to send his birth certificate and marriage certificate to Durham. He couldn't provide a "discharge letter" and had never heard of such thing in his 31 years' service in the Army. He did, however, send them his Army ID and a document relating to his Army Pension. I can only hope these will do the trick. If nothing else, it's good to know that my application has actually been opened and read.

Advice to anyone else who had the dubious pleasure of being born in an Army base in Germany or elsewhere - just be sure to include documents which prove your father's nationality and Crown Service, as the buggers don't appear to mention the need for them anywhere when you are making your application.
What did you supply in terms of your birth certificate? If it was a consular or military birth certificate then they shouldn't need anything else.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:55 am
Just Joined

JW1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What did you supply in terms of your birth certificate? If it was a consular or military birth certificate then they shouldn't need anything else.
Hi BritInParis,

You would think so. I supplied my original birth certificate from the British Consul in Hanover. It clearly stipulates that my father is an Army officer serving in BAOR. It seems they are being extra cautious / pedantic right now. Either that, or the particular examiner handling the application is ignorant of the regulations.

Whatever the case, it looks like you need to err on the side of overkill when it comes to supporting documents if you were born to a father on Crown Service. I think others need to be aware of this
Old Mar 24th 2015, 11:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JW1973
Hi BritInParis,

You would think so. I supplied my original birth certificate from the British Consul in Hanover. It clearly stipulates that my father is an Army officer serving in BAOR. It seems they are being extra cautious / pedantic right now. Either that, or the particular examiner handling the application is ignorant of the regulations.

Whatever the case, it looks like you need to err on the side of overkill when it comes to supporting documents if you were born to a father on Crown Service. I think others need to be aware of this
Sounds like they don't know what they are doing. Personally I would refuse to provide anything else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.