Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jan 8th 2015, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by jjghana
Worst case scenario is that you would have your passport even in the job didnt work out and then the next time you have options you are prepared to take it
Yeah, though I would probably cry, beat myself and get really drunk after failing to take this opportunity. Hahahahha...

Just wondering though, is there a chance that my passport application would get rejected at this point? Considering that HMPO has said that my passport application has now been referred here at the local embassy.

I don't know any reason why they might because I gave them all the documents they required. I'm just wondering though since they haven't ask for any interview and most of the people here had been ask to. And the wait is making me paranoid at this point. Hahahahahhaha...

Last edited by knighstrike; Jan 8th 2015 at 12:41 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

elizdave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knighstrike
Yeah, though I would probably cry, beat myself and get really drunk after failing to take this opportunity. Hahahahha...

Just wondering though, is there a chance that my passport application would get rejected at this point? Considering that HMPO has said that my passport application has now been referred here at the local embassy.

I don't know any reason why they might because I gave them all the documents they required. I'm just wondering though since they haven't ask for any interview and most of the people here had been ask to. And the wait is making me paranoid at this point. Hahahahahhaha...
We feel the same way too 😵😵😵
Still didn't hear anything from them, my husband contacted the MP already hope to get a news soon
Old Jan 17th 2015, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, any updates on ur application?
Old Jan 18th 2015, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by elizdave
Hi, any updates on ur application?
Still the same, nothing much changed.

------------
Email on Jan 10:

Dear Mr

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your passport application, application number .

I am writing to inform you that your application is still located with the UK embassy in the Philippines and at the moment there is nothing further to update yourself with.

For any further information, please contact us through our helpline on 0300 222 0000 or via E-mail [email protected].

Kind Regards

Lawrence Marsden

Liverpool E-Mail Team

Her Majesty's Passport Office

------------

Though from what I've read from other threads and posts, we should be receiving news for passport dispatch any time soon. Within this month or the next month.

They say Philippines is a very high-risk country because of possible frauds, so that's why they thoroughly check. Hence why passports coming from here takes DECADES and MILLENIA to get processed.

Last edited by knighstrike; Jan 18th 2015 at 12:02 am.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

The HMPO Bangkok (which was a bit strange as I was expecting HMPO here in the Philippines) contacted me just today for further documents.

Yes! Finally some progress.

Last edited by knighstrike; Jan 20th 2015 at 8:18 am.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=knighstrike;11538872]The HMPO Bangkok (which was a bit strange as I was expecting HMPO here in the Philippines) contacted me just today for further documents.

Yes! Finally some progress.[/QUOTE

may i ask what else is that documents?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=elizdave;11539612]
The HMPO Bangkok (which was a bit strange as I was expecting HMPO here in the Philippines) contacted me just today for further documents.

Yes! Finally some progress.[/QUOTE

may i ask what else is that documents?
--------------------------

Dear Mr.,

Thank you for submitting a British passport application.

Please kindly note that your application initially submitted to Liverpool has been referred to our office for local checks as a mandatory procedure.

To enable us assess the application further, we would be grateful if you could respond to our questions and document request below:

1. Any reasons for you to renew your passport now and not earlier?

2. Aside from your Philippines passport, do you hold any other travel documents/passports?

3. Have you held any other passports prior to the issuance of your Philippines passport (No...)?

4. When was your first visit to Australia?

5. How long have you studied/lived in Australia?

6. Apart from the Philippines and Australia, where have you resided in the past?

7. Do you have any siblings? If so, where do they currently reside?

Please email us scan copy (in pdf format) of the following:
· Your latest CV/resume

· Your progressive photos each year from birth till 2004

· Your photos with father before his decease in Nov 1991

· Your photos with mother from birth till present

· Evidence of accommodation in the Philippines since birth

· Evidence of accommodation while you were studying in Australia

· Any other official identification documents issued to you between 1989 till 2004.

· Evidence of your travel history since birth

· Each page of your previous Philippines passport(s) issued prior to your current passport.

· Aside from those you have already submitted, all other academic qualifications you have held since birth.

· Birth certificate(s) of siblings (if applicable)

Once the above mentioned documentation is compiled, please email them to [email protected]. Please note that there is a maximum size limit of 2mb for all incoming emails hence please submit attachments in separate emails to avoid any being discarded automatically due to size restrictions.
We will proceed with the application upon your reply and will let you know if you require to submit further information, go through DNA testing and attend an interview with us for which we would further be in touch, if necessary.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us direct through our email address as stated below.
We look forward to your earliest reply.

Kind regards,

Her Majesty’s Passport Office (SE & NE Asia and Pacific)
E-mail: [email protected]

-------------------

It's just kind of funny that they're asking all these questions, when most of the documents that they are requesting have already been sent to them. Pictures, licenses, certificates, diplomas, etc. And most of them are even ORIGINALS.

So I reminded them again in my reply. Though I sent them more documents since I think they're very fond of them.

(Naghanap ako ng pictures noong bata pa ako sa baul baul. Grabe ang dami kong ini-scan Hahahahahha...)

Translation: I had to dig up pictures of my childhood, from trunks stored somewhere around the house. And wow, I had to scan heaps of them. Hahahahahha...
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=knighstrike;11539703]

--------------------------

Dear Mr.,

Thank you for submitting a British passport application.

Please kindly note that your application initially submitted to Liverpool has been referred to our office for local checks as a mandatory procedure.

To enable us assess the application further, we would be grateful if you could respond to our questions and document request below:

1. Any reasons for you to renew your passport now and not earlier?

2. Aside from your Philippines passport, do you hold any other travel documents/passports?

3. Have you held any other passports prior to the issuance of your Philippines passport (No...)?

4. When was your first visit to Australia?

5. How long have you studied/lived in Australia?

6. Apart from the Philippines and Australia, where have you resided in the past?

7. Do you have any siblings? If so, where do they currently reside?

Please email us scan copy (in pdf format) of the following:
· Your latest CV/resume

· Your progressive photos each year from birth till 2004

· Your photos with father before his decease in Nov 1991

· Your photos with mother from birth till present

· Evidence of accommodation in the Philippines since birth

· Evidence of accommodation while you were studying in Australia

· Any other official identification documents issued to you between 1989 till 2004.

· Evidence of your travel history since birth

· Each page of your previous Philippines passport(s) issued prior to your current passport.

· Aside from those you have already submitted, all other academic qualifications you have held since birth.

· Birth certificate(s) of siblings (if applicable)

Once the above mentioned documentation is compiled, please email them to [email protected]. Please note that there is a maximum size limit of 2mb for all incoming emails hence please submit attachments in separate emails to avoid any being discarded automatically due to size restrictions.
We will proceed with the application upon your reply and will let you know if you require to submit further information, go through DNA testing and attend an interview with us for which we would further be in touch, if necessary.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us direct through our email address as stated below.
We look forward to your earliest reply.

Kind regards,

Her Majesty’s Passport Office (SE & NE Asia and Pacific)
E-mail: [email protected]

-------------------

It's just kind of funny that they're asking all these questions, when most of the documents that they are requesting have already been sent to them. Pictures, licenses, certificates, diplomas, etc. And most of them are even ORIGINALS.

So I reminded them again in my reply. Though I sent them more documents since I think they're very fond of them.

(Naghanap ako ng pictures noong bata pa ako sa baul baul. Grabe ang dami kong ini-scan Hahahahahha...)

Translation: I had to dig up pictures of my childhood, from trunks stored somewhere around the house. And wow, I had to scan heaps of them. Hahahahahha...
Omg thats quite a lot...
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=elizdave;11541169]

Omg thats quite a lot...
Yeah, but it was something I could easily answer and provide.

I'm just happy that at least, it's finally being processed and everything. I don't know if I could take anymore of the waiting, without being provided information as to what I'm waiting for.

And at least this time around, it's HMPO who wants to hurry things up. Talk about irony...
Old Jan 25th 2015, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=knighstrike;11542431]

Yeah, but it was something I could easily answer and provide.

I'm just happy that at least, it's finally being processed and everything. I don't know if I could take anymore of the waiting, without being provided information as to what I'm waiting for.

And at least this time around, it's HMPO who wants to hurry things up. Talk about irony...
we still no update from the hmpo, my husband now is thinking to get here a dependant visa while her brit passport is still in process but we need to find out if can...
we are so frustrated with all of this
Old Jan 25th 2015, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=elizdave;11544479]
we still no update from the hmpo, my husband now is thinking to get here a dependant visa while her brit passport is still in process but we need to find out if can...
we are so frustrated with all of this
I suggest don't and just wait it out. First, your daughter is a Brit so she'll be denied a visa. Also, you won't be able to refund the money you have already paid.

Second, you have already been waiting so long too. Your application was received around May or June right? Same month like my application. Based from what I've read, applications from the Philippines take about 7 to 9 months since we're in a 'high-risk' country for frauds. Mine has been 7 months.

If your child really needs to travel back to the UK, you and your husband could apply for an Emergency Travel Document. I was being given one by the HMPO, but I refused it since it's Australia that I need to travel to (for work). And working visas require passports which I still don't have yet.

Anyway just hang in there.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Kabulinuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone ! I applied for my son's UK passprt in May 2014 , in September Liverpool said our app has been reffered for a final decision to BHC . In November BHC got back to us and said our app has now been reffered back to HMPO Liverpool and Liverpool will call us for an interview because me being main applicant living in the UK , although my wife is British too . In December liverpool emailed me saying our app for passport facilities is in the process of being validated overseas . Since then we have not heard nothing , no interview . We have not been asked for any extra documents . It is over eight months 32 weeks since they have received my app . CAN ANYONE ADVICE ? ?????? ?
Old Jan 31st 2015, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kabulinuk
Hi everyone ! I applied for my son's UK passprt in May 2014 , in September Liverpool said our app has been reffered for a final decision to BHC . In November BHC got back to us and said our app has now been reffered back to HMPO Liverpool and Liverpool will call us for an interview because me being main applicant living in the UK , although my wife is British too . In December liverpool emailed me saying our app for passport facilities is in the process of being validated overseas . Since then we have not heard nothing , no interview . We have not been asked for any extra documents . It is over eight months 32 weeks since they have received my app . CAN ANYONE ADVICE ? ?????? ?
Where does your son reside? He is considered the applicant and not you, even though you were the one who filled up the whole application.

That aside, the passport process depends on where your son is from. Countries considered as 'high-risk' for frauds usually take around 7 to 9 months processing (based from my personal experiences, observations and posters here in this thread).
Old Jan 31st 2015, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Kabulinuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks knightstrike , I applied from Kabul (Afghanistan ) may be one of the highest risk for fraud places . But our maternity records were from UK which we have handed in . And three of our kids before this one were all born in UK . IT IS SO DEPRESSING !!!!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2015, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone any updates on ur application?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.