M glad finally u got it.hoping we also receive ours soon.merry christmas
Old Dec 31st 2014, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Komfo120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by elizdave
Wow that's a verygood news...
We are still waiting and going to be 7months
hope next yr we can get a good news also...
Happy birthday to you and
Merry Christmas...😊😊😊
Merry christmas and happy new year @ elizdave.
Please have you heard any good news from?
Do u currently base in uk or Ghana?.
Did u applied from Ghana or Uk?
Old Dec 31st 2014, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

elizdave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Komfo120
Merry christmas and happy new year @ elizdave.
Please have you heard any good news from?
Do u currently base in uk or Ghana?.
Did u applied from Ghana or Uk?
Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too and to your family...
Didn't hear anything yet still waiting for interview
We're base in Philippines and im filipino my husband is english and now in uk
We applied in Philippines..my husband email his MP alr3ady hope we can get a good news next year
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:14 am
Just Joined

KofiGH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjghana
Finally got a call to inform us that my son's passport is ready to collect tomorrow (which happens to be my birthday, after 23 weeks feels like a birthday present). We applied in Ghana and experienced the following timeframe:

Applied 16th July 2014
Contacted my MP 3rd December
Interview 15th December
Passport collection 24th December

We are so relieved after a long wait which delayed many things in our life.

Good luck to everyone else!
JJghana, do you mind giving me a list of questions you were asked at the interview. Got an interview due soon.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 7:02 am
Just Joined

jjghana is an unknown quantity at this point

Kofi,

It's really straight forwards if your paperwork is in good order. Questions about the birth, your relationship, but there are no questions that I was asked that we didn't instantly know. Good luck
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point

Kofi,

It's really straight forwards if your paperwork is in good order. Questions about the birth, your relationship, but there are no questions that I was asked that we didn't instantly know. Good luck
Hi,
Just to add.. baby's birth weight and day and time baby was born.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Muheza,
Thats true, we forgot the exact weight. How did you wife get to the hospital, normal delivery etc.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by elizdave
Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too and to your family...
Didn't hear anything yet still waiting for interview
We're base in Philippines and im filipino my husband is english and now in uk
We applied in Philippines..my husband email his MP alr3ady hope we can get a good news next year
I'm a dual-national, both Filipino and Brit. My father is from the UK, born and bred. My mother on the other hand is a naturalised Brit. Unlike most posters here, I'm applying for my own 'First' passport (Adult passport). I used to have a child passport but it was taken from me by the Home Office when I was very young because of my father. The reason is quite complicated, and it will be too long to explain. Though after having spoken to my barrister in England and the HMPO, I have been told that I am able to apply for a passport again as the previous affair have already been sorted out.

Anyway, back to the topic.

-Applied for a passport on the 10th of April 2014.

-Confirmed reception of my application by the HMPO on the 10th of June 2014

-My counter-signatory was contacted on the 25th of July 2014.

-Received an update from the HMPO on the 10th of August 2014 that my passport is now 'Referred to our overseas colleagues for further checks.'

-I emailed the Home Office on the 28th of November, and they sent me an update via email. They told me in a much clearer sentence, 'Your application is still located with the UK embassy in the Philippines.'

-On the 8th of December, I rang up the UK embassy. The staff were quite rude. They told me they don't do passport applications anymore and don't want to associate themselves with it. They didn't even bother to give me a chance to explain myself. When I ask them if I could speak to a consul, they made me wait and passed my call around. After several minutes of waiting, I was told that the consul was not in the office.

-Around the 15th of December, I called up a friend, who knows someone in the embassy. I sent this contact, emails of my communication with HMPO.

-Some days before Christmas, I got an email from the embassy saying that they are in liaison with the Home Office regarding my passport. In the meantime, if I had need to travel, they could issue me an ETD. I told them that what I really needed is my passport.

-Currently, I have no further news or updates. It's been 7 months since the HMPO has received my application.

I need my UK passport for a very lucrative job offer in Australia, a dream career. There's an island called Barrow in Western Australia, where several mining and resources corporation are located. They only accept applicants who hold passports from US, Canada, UK, most of EU, and Ireland. So that's why I'm dying to have my UK passport as I could not use my Filipino one. A bit racist, but that's how the world works and I understand.

This thread has helped me a lot to off-set some of my anxieties. Reading the experiences of the people here have given me more information and ideas regarding my own status. You guys are even more informative than the HMPO itself. Hahahhaahhaha...

Last edited by knighstrike; Jan 8th 2015 at 4:13 am.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:44 am
Just Joined

If your father was based in the UK and you know where I would suggest contacting the local Member of Parliament and explaining your case in full and asking if they would we able to follow up with the passport office. This seemed to work for me, I would also add that it sounds like your case would need detailed investigation - my son's case was very straightforwards and still took 25 weeks! Hope things improve
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

If your father was based in the UK and you know where I would suggest contacting the local Member of Parliament and explaining your case in full and asking if they would we able to follow up with the passport office. This seemed to work for me, I would also add that it sounds like your case would need detailed investigation - my son's case was very straightforwards and still took 25 weeks! Hope things improve
Thank you for your suggestion and yes it's not a straight-forward application. I should have applied two or three years ago, but I did not have a pressing need for it then. Now I'm killing myself for it.

Regarding my father, well lets just say he was not a lawful person. He traveled all around the world and had couple of wives and fathered several children. He didn't really reside in the UK in his 'adult' years.

Anyhow, I know a member in Parliament personally and have already done that. And it did help a bit. HMPO called me (within 24 hours which was really surprising for their case.) But then they just told me the standard, 'Your passport has been referred to our overseas colleagues for further checks.' Albeit it was in a more respectful manner. That was on the 10th of August last year.

I'm trying to contact the MP again, though it's more difficult since I'm currently in the Philippines; you know, time difference and scheduling. I did send an email so let's just wait and see. If you have more ideas and suggestions, please do share.

Last edited by knighstrike; Jan 8th 2015 at 11:28 am.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:17 am
Just Joined

i would go to the consular and bug them - visit every 2 weeks ... its frustrating i know!!
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

i would go to the consular and bug them - visit every 2 weeks ... its frustrating i know!!
The local embassy here in the Philippines are full of pricks. They're very rude to people. The staff even looks down on you especially if they know you are a Filipina that has found a husband from the UK and inquiring about spousal visas and all that. Or if you have a child and inquiring about a passport. The several times that I have been there, I have witnessed that.

Seriously, they are very hard to deal with in this country. If I didn't even have a friend who knows someone from the inside, I wouldn't not have been able to liase regarding my passport application. They'll outright say to your face without giving you time to expxlain, 'We don't want to do anything with passports. Please contact the HMPO instead.'
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Unlucky!
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Unlucky!
Mate, I know...

And if I don't get my passport soon, there's a possibility that I might lose the job.

Fingers cross! Though the odds are against me.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Worst case scenario is that you would have your passport even in the job didnt work out and then the next time you have options you are prepared to take it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.