Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:53 pm
  #811  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 12
Komfo120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by jjghana View Post
After 23 weeks we have been called for an interview at the British high commission in Accra. Progress at last!
Is it common for interview?. Pls r u currently in Ghana or uk?
Komfo120 is offline  
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:53 pm
  #812  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 21
jjghana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

In Ghana, interview is mandatory and friends who have submitted are on a similar time frame
jjghana is offline  
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:56 pm
  #813  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 21
jjghana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

A week ago I wrote to my who followed things up and today a call an interview, Maybe a coincidence but I would try it
jjghana is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2014, 4:19 am
  #814  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 31
elizdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by jjghana View Post
A week ago I wrote to my who followed things up and today a call an interview, Maybe a coincidence but I would try it
Its been more than 6months and still no updates yet...😡😡😡
elizdave is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2014, 10:22 am
  #815  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 12
Komfo120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by jjghana View Post
A week ago I wrote to my who followed things up and today a call an interview, Maybe a coincidence but I would try it
Pls R u based in Ghana now?. I am based in Uk now so I don't know I will be also called for in interview in Ghana.
Komfo120 is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2014, 10:24 am
  #816  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 12
Komfo120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by elizdave View Post
Its been more than 6months and still no updates yet...😡😡😡
I really don't know why they take them longer time to decide on these applications?. Strange?
Komfo120 is offline  
Old Dec 16th 2014, 12:21 pm
  #817  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 31
elizdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Komfo120 View Post
I really don't know why they take them longer time to decide on these applications?. Strange?
From 6 weeks to 16weeks and now more than 6months
elizdave is offline  
Old Dec 16th 2014, 12:48 pm
  #818  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 21
jjghana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

I had my interview at the British High Commission in Ghana, was very straight-forwards, all very basic questions. It has been sent back to the UK, hopefully 3-4 weeks and we will have the passport.... hopefully! 23 weeks and counting....
jjghana is offline  
Old Dec 16th 2014, 1:57 pm
  #819  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 31
elizdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by jjghana View Post
I had my interview at the British High Commission in Ghana, was very straight-forwards, all very basic questions. It has been sent back to the UK, hopefully 3-4 weeks and we will have the passport.... hopefully! 23 weeks and counting....
Good luck hope it will arrive soon
elizdave is offline  
Old Dec 16th 2014, 3:29 pm
  #820  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 12
Komfo120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by jjghana View Post
I had my interview at the British High Commission in Ghana, was very straight-forwards, all very basic questions. It has been sent back to the UK, hopefully 3-4 weeks and we will have the passport.... hopefully! 23 weeks and counting....
Good luck!!!. I don't know I will be invited here in uk bcos the child and mother in Ghana.
Komfo120 is offline  
Old Dec 19th 2014, 10:06 am
  #821  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 34
green121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Finally I GOT THE PASSPORT
applied from Egypt 17th of march 2014
They asked for more documents at June 2014 which I s3 nd in couple of days.
They contacted me for interview which I attended in September 2014
Received the email saying passport ready at 4th of December.
Passport in hand 16th of December .
Waiting time was over 8 months.
I wish for all who waiting to get thier passports soon.
green121 is offline  
Old Dec 19th 2014, 12:20 pm
  #822  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 31
elizdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by green121 View Post
Finally I GOT THE PASSPORT
applied from Egypt 17th of march 2014
They asked for more documents at June 2014 which I s3 nd in couple of days.
They contacted me for interview which I attended in September 2014
Received the email saying passport ready at 4th of December.
Passport in hand 16th of December .
Waiting time was over 8 months.
I wish for all who waiting to get thier passports soon.

Wow thats a good news!
Nice xmas gift to all of u....
elizdave is offline  
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 10:01 pm
  #823  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 21
jjghana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Finally got a call to inform us that my son's passport is ready to collect tomorrow (which happens to be my birthday, after 23 weeks feels like a birthday present). We applied in Ghana and experienced the following timeframe:

Applied 16th July 2014
Contacted my MP 3rd December
Interview 15th December
Passport collection 24th December

We are so relieved after a long wait which delayed many things in our life.

Good luck to everyone else!
jjghana is offline  
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 10:58 pm
  #824  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 31
elizdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by jjghana View Post
Finally got a call to inform us that my son's passport is ready to collect tomorrow (which happens to be my birthday, after 23 weeks feels like a birthday present). We applied in Ghana and experienced the following timeframe:

Applied 16th July 2014
Contacted my MP 3rd December
Interview 15th December
Passport collection 24th December

We are so relieved after a long wait which delayed many things in our life.

Good luck to everyone else!
Wow that's a verygood news...
We are still waiting and going to be 7months
hope next yr we can get a good news also...
Happy birthday to you and
Merry Christmas...😊😊😊
elizdave is offline  
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 11:00 pm
  #825  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 21
jjghana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Thanks, good luck and in the meantime enjoy the Christmas
jjghana is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.