Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Sep 7th 2014, 10:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Gozit
But on that premise could someone who is based in UK just phone/Skype the person?
They could but you can't expect everyone to have a decent Skype set-up, especially in developing countries. I suspect it will still be a 'in person' interview though.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
They could but you can't expect everyone to have a decent Skype set-up, especially in developing countries. I suspect it will still be a 'in person' interview though.
True but phone could well do enough? Mm I guess not because it might not be the correct person speaking.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 11:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
True but phone could well do enough? Mm I guess not because it might not be the correct person speaking.
If it's done by phone then it could be anyone speaking.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

If it's done by phone then it could be anyone speaking.
Yeah, right...
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Egypt and India are considered high risk countries so presumably they are interviewing everyone. Given that the FCO supposedly has no involvement with the issuing of British passports any more I'd like to know who will be interviewing you. They may decide to fly someone out especially for the purpose which would explain the delay whilst they gather enough applicants together to make it economically worthwhile.
Here in China interviews are conducted by the UK visa office. They have a member of staff who deals with UK passport applications and does the interviews. Should imagine same there in India now.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:14 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johno5175
Here in China interviews are conducted by the UK visa office. They have a member of staff who deals with UK passport applications and does the interviews. Should imagine same there in India now.
I never got an interview, wtf is this? new rule or something?

Glad to see you're still a round! how's your passport/application coming along.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

jameshunterjones is an unknown quantity at this point

At this stage, waiting 4 months for a Child's passport in Moscow I am contemplating getting my daughter a dependant's visa in her Russian passport, at the small cost of £900...
Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vexcore
I never got an interview, wtf is this? new rule or something?

Glad to see you're still a round! how's your passport/application coming along.
Lol still around, been on a farm we rented the last 5 weeks relaxing while work was quiet.
Got Carmens pp after 7 weeks. Fast as F. shot you an email before i went to the sticks but not sure if you got it as gmail google and china.

If you remember the interviews started a few weeks after u applied so didnt apply to you. WTH you still doing here? Thought you and H would be outa here by now.
Posted my application timeline a few pages back if you are interested. Now back at home in GZ and with internet access looking the forums to see where in the EU to move to (jobless).
Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:44 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

LoL, I'm sorting out a lot of shite man, cannot just up and go.... you know... my wife is waiting for her Visa.... takes the piss,

THEN IM OUTTA HERE

oh and i never got your email man! i thought you bolted or was kidnapped lol.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

johno - did you go EEA family permit to live in a different EU country?
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by johno5175
Outsourced it then. I wonder if that's actually saving them any money.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a lot of pages here to go through so i figure i will just give my situation and ask questions i can't find answers to.
I am a british citizen living in the US on a green card through marriage and my Wife is a US citizen. We have a son born here in the US and we are now looking to return to the UK. I have two questions about the process. To get him his British passport do i have to apply for it while we are still in the US or can we return to Britain and apply for it? The next question is if you have to apply while overseas can anyone give a rough estimate of the timeframe involved? We are also having to apply for my Wifes visa so if one is going to take much longer than the other we can get an idea of how to time the process better.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Paul M B
There are a lot of pages here to go through so i figure i will just give my situation and ask questions i can't find answers to.
I am a british citizen living in the US on a green card through marriage and my Wife is a US citizen. We have a son born here in the US and we are now looking to return to the UK. I have two questions about the process. To get him his British passport do i have to apply for it while we are still in the US or can we return to Britain and apply for it?
There's no legal requirement for a British citizen to enter the UK on a British passport. Therefore you don't have to apply for it from the US but if your son enters the UK on a US passport and no UK visa and your stated intention is stay in the UK then you may have a problem at the UK border. As such it would be advisable to apply for it from the US. Or at least for a British consular birth certificate.

The next question is if you have to apply while overseas can anyone give a rough estimate of the timeframe involved? We are also having to apply for my Wifes visa so if one is going to take much longer than the other we can get an idea of how to time the process better.
The official answer is at least ten weeks. I suspect your wife's visa will come through a lot quicker than that so best to apply for his passport as soon as possible.

You may also wish to consider naturalising as a US citizen before you leave if you are eligible to leave that door open for you and your family to return at a later date.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. It sounds like the best option would be just to apply for it while we are here. Although i think he does have his consular birth certificate already.

I wasn't going to become a US citizen but i guess that is an option.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You may also wish to consider naturalising as a US citizen before you leave if you are eligible to leave that door open for you and your family to return at a later date.
This, but do consider the tax implications of doing so. And also if you have lived in the US long enough to be eligible. If not then don't worry about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.