Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 18th 2014, 11:55 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Christ.... they better add my number otherwise im not sure how i'll get it ?

its a company building!

if i haven't got any package by next wednesday? then i'll phone them up and tell them my work address.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Bravozulu is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Applied for my son's first passport 23rd March 2014. Still waiting after three months. Similar experience to other posters. In spite of raising this with my MP the application is stuck in security clearance, the passport office say they are awaiting yet more information from us having mis-advised us at several stages but they haven't said what it is and they haven't approached us for anything. All that has happened since this debacle hit the headlines is that it is now even harder to contact anyone involved with the actual application. This apparently can now only be done through an internal email request (with no confirmation to the applicant), and the response time (not that they ever respond) has been extended from 72 hours to seven days.
Not happy.
BZ
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:16 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bravozulu
Applied for my son's first passport 23rd March 2014. Still waiting after three months. Similar experience to other posters. In spite of raising this with my MP the application is stuck in security clearance, the passport office say they are awaiting yet more information from us having mis-advised us at several stages but they haven't said what it is and they haven't approached us for anything. All that has happened since this debacle hit the headlines is that it is now even harder to contact anyone involved with the actual application. This apparently can now only be done through an internal email request (with no confirmation to the applicant), and the response time (not that they ever respond) has been extended from 72 hours to seven days.
Not happy.
BZ
Alright m8,

What country you based in ?
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Alright m8,

What country you based in ?
I'm stuck in the UK, my family are stuck in Hanoi. I haven't seen my son since he was three weeks old.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

I'm stuck in the UK, my family are stuck in Hanoi. I haven't seen my son since he was three weeks old.
That sucks. If you are planning on bringing him straight back to the UK rather than staying in nam then you can get him an ETD (emergency travel doc) from your local consulate there. That will get him back to the UK presuming another family member can bring him or your missus if she is vietnamise but has a UK visa or passport.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johno5175
That sucks. If you are planning on bringing him straight back to the UK rather than staying in nam then you can get him an ETD (emergency travel doc) from your local consulate there. That will get him back to the UK presuming another family member can bring him or your missus if she is vietnamise but has a UK visa or passport.
Hi Johno. Yep Mrs. BZ has a spouse visa which has now missed the travel window so that's another £1,000 we owe in additional visa fees thanks to the Passport Office. We asked the consulate about an ETD a couple of months back and they said no, but things seem to have changed again in the last week so I am requesting one again. Of course most of our original identity documents, including almost all of my wife's, are sitting in an orange plastic crate somewhere in a Liverpool warehouse so that won't help. They even sat on my passport for two months so I couldn't travel out to Nam. Thanks for your advice.
BZ
Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Hi Johno. Yep Mrs. BZ has a spouse visa which has now missed the travel window so that's another £1,000 we owe in additional visa fees thanks to the Passport Office. We asked the consulate about an ETD a couple of months back and they said no, but things seem to have changed again in the last week so I am requesting one again. Of course most of our original identity documents, including almost all of my wife's, are sitting in an orange plastic crate somewhere in a Liverpool warehouse so that won't help. They even sat on my passport for two months so I couldn't travel out to Nam. Thanks for your advice.
BZ
Ask the Consulate to send an email to HMPO where your docs are being held to verify your details and your sons right of citizenship. They can work wonders. I have used them before to get myself an ETD. Although that does not help your wifes situation regarding a visa. That is a bad situation to be in esp as you have not seen your kid since 3 weeks old. If that fails go to the newspapers.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Ask the Consulate to send an email to HMPO where your docs are being held to verify your details and your sons right of citizenship. They can work wonders. I have used them before to get myself an ETD. Although that does not help your wifes situation regarding a visa. That is a bad situation to be in esp as you have not seen your kid since 3 weeks old. If that fails go to the newspapers.
Thanks Johno. Fingers crossed on the ETD application, otherwise the press is our only remaining option.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Johno. Fingers crossed on the ETD application, otherwise the press is our only remaining option.
i have had to use the FCO in a few situations living abroad. They are very professional and do their job to the T. Word of advice, always be polite but firm. Civil servants do what is written on the box. If your son has full British citizenship then they have to help you and your situation. If the consulate staff are unhelpful then bypass the supervisor above and contact the consulate-general directly.

Remember they serve you not the other way around.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

i have had to use the FCO in a few situations living abroad. They are very professional and do their job to the T. Word of advice, always be polite but firm. Civil servants do what is written on the box. If your son has full British citizenship then they have to help you and your situation. If the consulate staff are unhelpful then bypass the supervisor above and contact the consulate-general directly.

Remember they serve you not the other way around.
The consular staff in Hanoi have always been exceptionally courteous and professional. We were really impressed with the help the provided while we were together in Vietnam. I'm really hoping they can help this time around too.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

The consular staff in Hanoi have always been exceptionally courteous and professional. We were really impressed with the help the provided while we were together in Vietnam. I'm really hoping they can help this time around too.
Well new HMPO regs state ETD's "will be" issued for those applying for child passports overseas.

you are good to go mate.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

I have also always found every consular officer I've spoken to, in 5 or 6 different countries, to be extremely helpful and pleasant. The magic phrase to start all phone calls and that opens all doors "I'm a British Citizen and I need your help" - even gets you talking to ECOs in the visa office etc.
I'm rather worried about going back to the expat life now that everything is centralised in the UK
Old Jun 21st 2014, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another week of waiting. .total of 14 weeks..applied from egypt..tjey should be dealing with the backlog.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 12:34 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by green121
Another week of waiting. .total of 14 weeks..applied from egypt..tjey should be dealing with the backlog.
You should send an 'open letter' along with another copy of your passport page via DHL to the office

That might 'bump' up your application.

Worth a try no?

i know it costs money but still.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:46 am
Looking Around~

*****NEW UPDATE*****

Passport Application Sent off: 27/03/2014
Payment Taken: 03/04/2014
Office emailed my countersignature: 12/06/2014
Office Emailed me to confirm passport been issued: 17/06/2014
Passport Sent off via DHL 18/06/2014
Supporting documents sent: 19/06/2014
Supporting documents received: 23/06/2014

----
Hopefully passport arrives tomorrow or this week..

A word of warning to everyone here about what 'package' they use... it is not Express 9am or Express 10am and so on.

It says on my DHL Package (Express Worldwide) - 4 days or 5 if there is delays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.