Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 16th 2014, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Applied from egypt 13 weeks ago..still haven't heard from them. .Silly
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:14 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by green121
Applied from egypt 13 weeks ago..still haven't heard from them. .Silly
Be strong man! you'll get there!!!
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Be strong man! you'll get there!!!
I feel for you all and I still don't understand how the British government didn't realise the problems closing offshore centres would create. Doesn't take a blind man

Good luck to everyone waiting
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:43 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I feel for you all and I still don't understand how the British government didn't realise the problems closing offshore centres would create. Doesn't take a blind man

Good luck to everyone waiting
Yea thanks! - on page 37! i did say i got contacted (FINALLY) and they gave me a ref number.... THANK GOD.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yea thanks! - on page 37! i did say i got contacted (FINALLY) and they gave me a ref number.... THANK GOD.
I'm really pleased for you, what a relief!
Old Jun 17th 2014, 2:21 pm
Looking Around~

*****UPDATE GUYS UPDATE*****

Just been contacted by 'Email' - they have confirmed my sons passport is good to go and has been issued today via DHL.

Lets hope it makes it to my address in china... lol

Getting there....
Old Jun 17th 2014, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been contacted by 'Email' - they have confirmed my sons passport is good to go and has been issued today via DHL.

Getting there....
Congrats, finally they done your passport. .let's hope I am next
Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting there....

Congrats! About time
Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

WOO HOO!! How long did it take - total?
Old Jun 18th 2014, 5:20 am
Looking Around~

*****MY PROGRESS*****

Passport Application Sent off: 27/03/2014
Payment Taken: 03/04/2014
Emailed my counter sign person: 12/06/2014
Emailed me to confirm passport been issued: 17/06/2014
Passport Sent off via DHL 18/06/2014
Supporting documents sent: 18/06/2014

They told me... they cant issue me a DHL tracking number because it is out of there hands... but they did add my Chinese mobile number to the package.

So when do you guys think i should get it ? next week? (hope i get it..) Hopefully by the 24th/26th?

Last edited by Vexcore; Jun 18th 2014 at 5:33 am.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

*****MY PROGRESS*****

They told me... they cant issue me a DHL tracking number because it is out of there hands... but they did add my Chinese mobile number to the package.

So when do you guys think i should get it ? next week? (hope i get it..) Hopefully by the 24th/26th?
NIce 1 mate. Finally there. Well i worked for DHL a few years ago so if it was sent on the 18th then you should recieve it within about 7 working days give or take. Standard service should be 4 - 10 working days and express about 2. So not sure what service the HMPO use though.

Edit to say if they had not of added your mobile number you could expect a few more days delay as your address would of been printed in Pinyin not Chinese characters. The waybill does not except foreign characters as the computer systems in the forward logistic centers can not recognize them. Then some illiterate guy in DHL HK would have to sit down and work out the address in pinyin to be forwarded to the mainland then to the driver. With a phone number that takes out most of the lag

Last edited by johno5175; Jun 18th 2014 at 7:12 am.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 8:21 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by johno5175
NIce 1 mate. Finally there. Well i worked for DHL a few years ago so if it was sent on the 18th then you should recieve it within about 7 working days give or take. Standard service should be 4 - 10 working days and express about 2. So not sure what service the HMPO use though.

Edit to say if they had not of added your mobile number you could expect a few more days delay as your address would of been printed in Pinyin not Chinese characters. The waybill does not except foreign characters as the computer systems in the forward logistic centers can not recognize them. Then some illiterate guy in DHL HK would have to sit down and work out the address in pinyin to be forwarded to the mainland then to the driver. With a phone number that takes out most of the lag
The address was written in English (my work address) very known and obvious where it is... no Chinese characters at all, even when i order things from abroad i use the address in English and it always arrives to my work place... kinda makes you wonder how? not all postman/dhl people speak/read a lick of English.

Yea i would think it be standard service... (tight gits)
btw you get my email? outlook gave me all sorts of errors last time i sent you one.

Cheers
-VX
Old Jun 18th 2014, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

The address was written in English (my work address) very known and obvious where it is... no Chinese characters at all, even when i order things from abroad i use the address in English and it always arrives to my work place... kinda makes you wonder how? not all postman/dhl people speak/read a lick of English.

Yea i would think it be standard service... (tight gits)
btw you get my email? outlook gave me all sorts of errors last time i sent you one.

Cheers
-VX
Cool, when it arrives have a celebration drink on me. I got your email yesterday and replied last night. Have not received anything since. If you cant get it pushed through to my gmail (damn you China) then you can pm me here mate,
Old Jun 18th 2014, 8:36 am
Just Joined

smithc is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting there....
Nice one! I still haven't got mine or don't see any possibility of getting it soon.

All I get is I apologize and I empathize. If only I could walk to the Airport and tell them the same when they ask for my son's passport.

Happy for you though mate.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

*****MY PROGRESS*****

Mine took around 3 -4 days . If there is a problem with the dhl delivery you will be contacted by Mrs Nasim Mustafa from the passport delivery office.

I asked to have my mobile on my package but surprise surprise they had no number when it was delivered....typical ha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.