Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 4th 2014, 2:22 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
All the best with that! Hope it goes through, I'm gonna wait until the Liverpool office respond before I apply for the ETD. Embassy are also contacting Liverpool office on my behalf
Thanks... but not holding my breath... who knows man? they could of 'LIED' to my mother for all i know... perhaps they're just 'stalling' ??? Well i gitta send this letter tmr via DHL another 30/40 quid out of pocket!

If i haven't got his passport BY JULY then i worry about my family what will do. lol my mother the old man cousins etc will be on the all mighty warpath no doubt.

Originally Posted by smithc
I was told that ETD cannot be applied because it is the first passport.

I had a reply from someone in the Home office with the same garbage "16 weeks blah blah blah"

They might as well hire some sheeps and record their voice on an automated systems to go blah blah 16 blah blah weeks.

Exactly.... it's all gibberish and bollocks
Old Jun 4th 2014, 3:16 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Meant to say deal* with issues! but my ipad has a mind of its own when it comes to auto correcting

In any case;

Just been off the phone to the british embassy in beijing and they have said that if all else fails they can arrange an emergency travel document for my son.
For those in china, who are in desperate need to return home, might be worth contacting the consular service team.
The advisor I spoke to said that by using the emergency travel document I could process a fresh passport application in England, should the original be 'lost'
So...in exceptional circumstances it IS possible to obtain an ETD without every having had a PP.

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Interesting! and man i cant believe they lost your application! feel for you really do!

My mother just had a 'meeting' with the manager at the Liverpool passport office and they told her i need to send a letter to 'confirm' i am the father of the child..... not sure if it helps will send it tomorrow and see if something happens?

if all else fails then i'll try and get an ETD just like you might?
Had your mother not gone, they were going to tell you this when? A few more weeks down the road?
Old Jun 4th 2014, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 37100
So...in exceptional circumstances it IS possible to obtain an ETD without every having had a PP.

Had your mother not gone, they were going to tell you this when? A few more weeks down the road?
According to the beijing embassy I'm guessing it must be the same everywhere else,in fact the lady i spoke to was a great help. She said the advice line were terrible and needed changing.

Also, I totally agree about the passport office notifying applicants about any issues. They prob wouldn't have told you about the letter until it suited them. Good on your mum, at least she got through!
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Are these cases of 20 week waits from one particular country, or is this from every country? I can't tell where people are from. We sent ours in (not to Liverpool though, maybe it's a problem at that office?) - and not to mention, why were ours told to be sent somewhere else?? - just a couple days ago, payment was taken online at the time of application, all documents couriered on Monday, delivery with signature required will be tomorrow morning (UK). Am I looking at 12-20 weeks from then or is it just particular counties that are being targeted with delays? Like an inter-political delay thing rather than a purely HMPO issue? I'm ONLY asking, I DON'T know... just curious.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:49 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Yea guys/girls... my mother used to be a lawyer now she is a manager and takes no prisoners... i don't really need my 'mother' for help but in this case? i do...

if i never got her to 'push them' who knows when i will be called about the passport? i just hope they're not bullshitting me.

@pondhopper2014

That 20 weeks is from places like Pakistan? and Kenya (where fraud is HIGH)
Old Jun 5th 2014, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Meant to say deal* with issues! but my ipad has a mind of its own when it comes to auto correcting

In any case;

Just been off the phone to the british embassy in beijing and they have said that if all else fails they can arrange an emergency travel document for my son.
For those in china, who are in desperate need to return home, might be worth contacting the consular service team.
The advisor I spoke to said that by using the emergency travel document I could process a fresh passport application in England, should the original be 'lost'
Yea i thought you meant that lol. My ipad does the same.

I find it highly doubtful they can get an ETD for a kid if they have not had a passport before. There was a guy on one of the threads )if my memory serves me correctly) who asked at the embassy about an ETD as the country he was in is unstable (Thailand i think). Anyways the embassy said should be no problem. Then they got back to him later with a message from the FCO that under no circumstances can an ETD be issued to a child with no previous passport, Only exception to that rule is for a premature baby.
But if that has now changed i would love to hear of any updates to that.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Interesting! and man i cant believe they lost your application! feel for you really do!

My mother just had a 'meeting' with the manager at the Liverpool passport office and they told her i need to send a letter to 'confirm' i am the father of the child..... not sure if it helps will send it tomorrow and see if something happens?

if all else fails then i'll try and get an ETD just like you might?
Do you have parental rights? i.e named on the BC? They are funny about this. I was considering writing a letter confirming i am the father plus a letter from the mother confirming this when i send off my application.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

@pondhopper2014

That 20 weeks is from places like Manchester? and Oldham (where fraud is HIGH)
Fixed it for ya buddy
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johno5175
Yea i thought you meant that lol. My ipad does the same.

I find it highly doubtful they can get an ETD for a kid if they have not had a passport before. There was a guy on one of the threads )if my memory serves me correctly) who asked at the embassy about an ETD as the country he was in is unstable (Thailand i think). Anyways the embassy said should be no problem. Then they got back to him later with a message from the FCO that under no circumstances can an ETD be issued to a child with no previous passport, Only exception to that rule is for a premature baby.
But if that has now changed i would love to hear of any updates to that.
Yeah I actually told the lady from the embassy about that exact situation, and she said as far as she has knows that it can be arranged as the beijing embassy have done so in the past. She said she would contact the Liverpool office on my behalf and if they didn't resolve the issue she would begin the application for ETD for my son. And I would need to come with my wife and son to begin the process.
I hope it can work out and will def keep you posted should I have to go down that route.

As for the Liverpool office, I haven't received any response both from them or my MP.
My only guess is that they are investigating how documents could go missing and why the application isn't in their system.
I'm hoping they'll contact me soon and I can move forward from there.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:03 pm
Looking Around~

Do you have parental rights? i.e named on the BC? They are funny about this. I was considering writing a letter confirming i am the father plus a letter from the mother confirming this when i send off my application.
Of course i have 'parental rights' i am the father after all, and i am 'listed' on his local Chinese birth certificate and his British one.

but they already know that when i sent my application to them on the 27th of march... so i don't know wtf they are on about now.

im just gonna type some bollocks and sign it with another photocopy of my passport.... they're extremely pissing me right off. (feel like knocking them all out)
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Of course i have 'parental rights' i am the father after all, and i am 'listed' on his local Chinese birth certificate and his British one.

but they already know that when i sent my application to them on the 27th of march... so i don't know wtf they are on about now.

im just gonna type some bollocks and sign it with another photocopy of my passport.... they're extremely pissing me right off. (feel like knocking them all out)

Sending a letter as proof you are the father. It all just sounds like stalling for time.
Interestingly I spoke to a manager from the advice line about the useless staff they have and strangely he agreed! He said they would be reviewing what staff say to callers especially those from OS.
He apologised and said hopefully in the future they would be better equipped to handle callers from abroad. He also said he would take it up with his seniors that there needs to be a direct line to Liverpool for urgent cases.
Whether of not it happens who knows.
For those interested his name was Kevin. Feel free to request a chat
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:17 pm
Looking Around~

Sending a letter as proof you are the father. It all just sounds like stalling for time.
Interestingly I spoke to a manager from the advice line about the useless staff they have and strangely he agreed! He said they would be reviewing what staff say to callers especially those from OS.
He apologised and said hopefully in the future they would be better equipped to handle callers from abroad. He also said he would take it up with his seniors that there needs to be a direct line to Liverpool for urgent cases.
Whether of not it happens who knows.
For those interested his name was Kevin. Feel free to request a chat
Exactly... why would he say to my mother.. 'the passport has been processed'

But they need proof i am who i am? shit doesn't sound right to me.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:19 pm
Looking Around~

Fixed it for ya buddy
LOOOL

Didn't see that.. lmao
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Exactly... why would he say to my mother.. 'the passport has been processed'

But they need proof i am who i am? shit doesn't sound right to me.
Still better then being told it's not in the system!
Which I could call the office directly but the number posted on here earlier doesn't seem to get answered
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:25 pm
Looking Around~

Still better then being told it's not in the system!
Which I could call the office directly but the number posted on here earlier doesn't seem to get answered
True, but i am sick to death of calling the 'AdviceLine' the liverpool office does have a number it MUST... but what is it ?????

i've found 3 on google all just ring out and no answer.... total BS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.