Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 4th 2014, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Delete the word magically and you have it in a nutshell. Payment is taken before anything else is done. If payment has only recently been taken then it'll be either waiting to be entered on the system or waiting to be examined. If the Adviceline cannot see it yet perhaps
The payment was taken in March it has now been 11 weeks since the payment was taken.
Appreciate your advice but you don't have a clue.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 6:50 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
The payment was taken in March it has now been 11 weeks since the payment was taken.
Appreciate your advice but you don't have a clue.
I'm only going on your (mis)information. If payment was taken 11 weeks ago then that makes more sense than what you said in your previous post about payment being taken after 11 weeks of waiting. Payment is always taken first. If it sits in a crate waiting after that then that's normal if there's a backlog. Appreciate your frustation at the situation but you can do something practical about it or continue to complain about it on this forum. Only one of these things will get you your passport.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

I'm only going on your (mis)information. If payment was taken 11 weeks ago then that makes more sense than what you said in your previous post about payment being taken after 11 weeks of waiting. Payment is always taken first. If it sits in a crate waiting after that then that's normal if there's a backlog. Appreciate your frustation at the situation but you can do something practical about it or continue to complain about it on this forum. Only one of these things will get you your passport.
You don't have to go on any information I don't recall asking for your advice, unless you work for the passport office your explanation means nothing.

I'd rather read responses from people in my situation and how they death with their issues.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 7:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to go on any information I don't recall asking for your advice, unless you work for the passport office your explanation means nothing.

I'd rather read responses from people in my situation and how they death with their issues.
Good luck with that.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 9:07 am
JLA
Just Joined

JLA is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone tried the direct Liverpool office instead of the ironically named helpline? It seems that UK applicants have had a much better success rate when contacting the individual offices rather than the help line, albeit for upgrades. I think you have to ring at 8am or thereabouts to avoid being on hold for a long time. My consulate told me to contact the passport office so it is possible you could say that when you ring. I was about to try it but I had some success with my MP but thought it might help someone else. The number is 0845 601 2058. Hope it helps.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JLA
Has anyone tried the direct Liverpool office instead of the ironically named helpline? It seems that UK applicants have had a much better success rate when contacting the individual offices rather than the help line, albeit for upgrades. I think you have to ring at 8am or thereabouts to avoid being on hold for a long time. My consulate told me to contact the passport office so it is possible you could say that when you ring. I was about to try it but I had some success with my MP but thought it might help someone else. The number is 0845 601 2058. Hope it helps.

Great helps thanks! I will give that number a try
Old Jun 4th 2014, 9:22 am
KPD
Just Joined

KPD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Firsttimemom
Just wanted to update on the latest... Still no contact from Liverpool office even after countless "you will be contacted in 72 hours" speeches from the passport advice line. As previously mentioned, I took my plight to the local mp of where I used to live and he agreed to look into the situation for me. His office have just informed me that they have made contact with the Liverpool office and my application was apparently dispatched on 26th May - expected to take 10 days to reach me here in Thailand.

Application received by Liverpool on 24th March
Dispatched (apparently) on 26th May.

Hope this helps to give estimated time frame to some of you.

I will keep you posted on whether it does arrive this week (still sceptical) as I still have not had any contact from Liverpool office to date... Which is quite unbelievable in my opinion.

Good luck to the rest of you, this has been the most frustrating and diabolical experience ever and I feel the way that we have all been treated as expats has been a disgrace.

Razakhtar- I really feel for you and wish you the very best of luck in sorting this terrible situation out! The way you have been treated is unbelievable!

Hi Firsttimemom,

Was there any sense of reluctance to help from your MP considering that you've been residing abroad?

I approached mine via email but after a string of emails I got nowhere really.

Regards
Old Jun 4th 2014, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Good luck with that.
Guy came off a bit arrogant to your advice....... Good luck to they death of issues lol
Old Jun 4th 2014, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johno5175
Guy came off a bit arrogant to your advice....... Good luck to they death of issues lol
Meant to say deal* with issues! but my ipad has a mind of its own when it comes to auto correcting

In any case;

Just been off the phone to the british embassy in beijing and they have said that if all else fails they can arrange an emergency travel document for my son.
For those in china, who are in desperate need to return home, might be worth contacting the consular service team.
The advisor I spoke to said that by using the emergency travel document I could process a fresh passport application in England, should the original be 'lost'
Old Jun 4th 2014, 11:03 am
Just Joined

saman is an unknown quantity at this point

If I go back to uk and going to Durham office by self , does any good?
Old Jun 4th 2014, 11:21 am
JLA
Just Joined

JLA is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a family member contact the MP on my son's behalf, i.e. his grandmother. The MP was very sympathetic and willing to help. Perhaps you could get a UK resident to contact their MP.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 11:59 am
Just Joined

smithc is an unknown quantity at this point

My MP has the same replying frequency as the Passport enquiries team. He also sent me an email to say he will get back to me when he gets a reply from the Passport office

I pray to god that some of these people in the Passport office try and have their baby abroad and then feel our pain.

Last edited by smithc; Jun 4th 2014 at 12:01 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 12:22 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Meant to say deal* with issues! but my ipad has a mind of its own when it comes to auto correcting

In any case;

Just been off the phone to the british embassy in beijing and they have said that if all else fails they can arrange an emergency travel document for my son.
For those in china, who are in desperate need to return home, might be worth contacting the consular service team.
The advisor I spoke to said that by using the emergency travel document I could process a fresh passport application in England, should the original be 'lost'
Interesting! and man i cant believe they lost your application! feel for you really do!

My mother just had a 'meeting' with the manager at the Liverpool passport office and they told her i need to send a letter to 'confirm' i am the father of the child..... not sure if it helps will send it tomorrow and see if something happens?

if all else fails then i'll try and get an ETD just like you might?
Old Jun 4th 2014, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Interesting! and man i cant believe they lost your application! feel for you really do!

My mother just had a 'meeting' with the manager at the Liverpool passport office and they told her i need to send a letter to 'confirm' i am the father of the child..... not sure if it helps will send it tomorrow and see if something happens?

if all else fails then i'll try and get an ETD just like you might?

All the best with that! Hope it goes through, I'm gonna wait until the Liverpool office respond before I apply for the ETD. Embassy are also contacting Liverpool office on my behalf
Old Jun 4th 2014, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

smithc is an unknown quantity at this point

All the best with that! Hope it goes through, I'm gonna wait until the Liverpool office respond before I apply for the ETD. Embassy are also contacting Liverpool office on my behalf
I was told that ETD cannot be applied because it is the first passport.

I had a reply from someone in the Home office with the same garbage "16 weeks blah blah blah"

They might as well hire some sheeps and record their voice on an automated systems to go blah blah 16 blah blah weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.