Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 29th 2014, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

smithc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

My son was born in December and still hasn't come to UK. I believe at this rate he will come here and straight away start working for the passport office
Old May 30th 2014, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Got a letter from them asking me to send the Passport copies of the person who signed on the passport application form. Have been asked to send this to the local office who will then send it to the UK offic. This is really ridiculous.
Old May 30th 2014, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

movingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nice

I did that too with my application, it was on the forms to do so. I just received an email this morning saying that out passports will be printed within the next 48 hours and then couriered to us within 10 working days, I hope it arrives before our flights on the 16Th!! cutting it close, but I'm thrilled that they have been completed finally.

I hope you get yours really soon. I know how upsetting it is, it's all I've been thinking of lately. How long have you been waiting for? My Son's applications (2) I sent with mine in the same envelope, maybe that helped as they had my old British passport to look at. This will be my boys first British passport, they are in their teens now, looking back I would have gotten them one when they were babies. All of those on here who are doing that, it's the best way I think, it may take longer initially but in the long run it's a lot easier.
Old May 30th 2014, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by movingbacktotheuksoon
I did that too with my application, it was on the forms to do so. I just received an email this morning saying that out passports will be printed within the next 48 hours and then couriered to us within 10 working days, I hope it arrives before our flights on the 16Th!! cutting it close, but I'm thrilled that they have been completed finally.

I hope you get yours really soon. I know how upsetting it is, it's all I've been thinking of lately. How long have you been waiting for? My Son's applications (2) I sent with mine in the same envelope, maybe that helped as they had my old British passport to look at. This will be my boys first British passport, they are in their teens now, looking back I would have gotten them one when they were babies. All of those on here who are doing that, it's the best way I think, it may take longer initially but in the long run it's a lot easier.
I've been waiting for around 10 weeks now. 10 days for them to send your passport ? This whole thing is a joke.
When did you apply for your passport and when was the payment taken ?
Old May 30th 2014, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

movingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nice

I hope it doesn't take 10 working days, after the 48 hours that it will take to print it off, it maybe that as were about to leave for the airport our passports will delivered by courier on the very same day!, more worrying until they are here I guess, I'm aging rapidly

I really do think that it depends where in the world you are applying from, I understand now from speaking to them and reading about others posts on here that the country you are applying from does have an effect on the timeline.

Payment was taken in early April online when I printed off the application, (they don't allow me to print it out before payment was made online by credit card) and before I sent them the papers/documents, I think it was another two weeks until they posted online that my application had been received and that it was being processed.
Old May 30th 2014, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I am certain that they are working on my application. I will now have to wait till my local passport office sends the counter signatory's passport pages to UK.
They didn't want to accept me sending this to them in an email. So my wife had to take print out's of the same copies that was in our email and send it to the Delhi office.

Hope my son gets his passport before I lose my patience and go and stand in front of the Parliament with a placard!
Old May 30th 2014, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Some people are asked to attend an interview and some aren't, we weren't, I think as the boys signed their own applications maybe and the guarantor knew they for years helps? Also, sending our current (other country) passports to them worked in our favour I do believe. Babies and younger kids have to been seen? I don't know, listen to me trying to work it all out! lol. I really don't have a clue how they do things do I.
Old May 30th 2014, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Interesting link to the South China Morning Post about the delays.....

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...-delay-problem
Old May 30th 2014, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by movingbacktotheuksoon
Some people are asked to attend an interview and some aren't, we weren't, I think as the boys signed their own applications maybe and the guarantor knew they for years helps? Also, sending our current (other country) passports to them worked in our favour I do believe. Babies and younger kids have to been seen? I don't know, listen to me trying to work it all out! lol. I really don't have a clue how they do things do I.
Depends on your location. Here in China everyone is required to go to an interview.
Old May 30th 2014, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

I am trying to ring the passport advice line and again no answer for over 30 mins, can someone confirm this? I'm paranoid they have blocked my phone number...
Old May 30th 2014, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smithc
Thanks. I am certain that they are working on my application. I will now have to wait till my local passport office sends the counter signatory's passport pages to UK.
They didn't want to accept me sending this to them in an email. So my wife had to take print out's of the same copies that was in our email and send it to the Delhi office.

Hope my son gets his passport before I lose my patience and go and stand in front of the Parliament with a placard!
I'm gonna join you, just when I think they can't get any worse. There should be a backlash from this. Just think how many people who aren't on this forum are also suffering.

Adult passports, fair enough.
But to delay the passports of newborns or children is a disgrace
Old May 30th 2014, 2:59 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johno5175
Depends on your location. Here in China everyone is required to go to an interview.
Not everyone (if they applied before the new rules) - i.e go to the visa centre bollocks.. then yes you need to go and see them.

I hope i don't... unless they wanna pay for my returns flights to Beijing -_- twats.

Better not go to the embassy... i applied under the 'old rules' so... who knows?
Old May 30th 2014, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
I am trying to ring the passport advice line and again no answer for over 30 mins, can someone confirm this? I'm paranoid they have blocked my phone number...
Thats normal. Don't worry lol
Old May 31st 2014, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Firsttimemom is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Hi all, just thought I would post to share with you my experience. I applied in person to British Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand on 19th March 2014. The application was received by Liverpool office on 24th March 2014.

It is now over 10 weeks since the application was received and no
communication has been received regarding the status of the
application.

I have contacted the passport advice line on 15 occasions, I have
requested call backs, emails and listened to the standard "you will
receive a reply in 72 hours" and still nothing. No contact or
information. I have tried to escalate the matter with supervisors at
the passport advice line and again still nothing. This is diabolical
service and completely unacceptable. The customer service agents are
completely unprepared to deal with questions about overseas
applications. They always ask for a tracking number, which is not
given when applications are made in person overseas. Once I explain
this time and time again, they are confused what to do and again
inform me that an email will be sent on my behalf to Liverpool office.
This process is repeated every time I call and now after 15 times of
repeating- still no information is given or contact made from anybody
who can help! The overall wait time to even have my call answered by the helpline has been over 40 minutes this week.

I have followed procedure 1 of the complaints process and again
nothing! I find it incredible that an agency such at the
UKPA, find it acceptable to treat people in such an unprofessional
manner.

I have contacted my local MP back in the UK to inform him of my
disgust and hope that he brings this matter to the highest point of
complaint. I will also be contacting the British press if this
situation is not remedied ASAP.

I am currently living in Thailand and the country is in a volatile and dangerous situation. It has been taken over by a military coup and we are all subject to night time curfews. This alone leaves us in an extremely dangerous situation, should we need to leave, we cannot due to my son not having his passport issued to date.
Secondly, my father is sick at the moment and I need to get back to
the UK with my son ASAP. He is under going surgery and needs me there
with my family.
All of these details have been communicated to the passport advice
line attendants on numerous occasions. I highlighted the seriousness
of my situation and again still nothing! No communication, no
timeframe, no details at all. Again this is a diabolical handling of
my sons first passport application.
I am astounded that after 10 weeks of having the application in the
Liverpool office, nothing has been done to date. I am due to fly home in 3 weeks but it is looking unlikely that it will be issued by then. I am beyond upset and frustrated at the lack of care that we have been shown by the UKPA.
Old May 31st 2014, 6:48 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

And here we go... guys! (another one has joined us) - Mate i feel for you i really do! you and me and everyone else here.. is very fking pissed off....

i'm now at 9 weeks.... (and based in china) and have done exactly what you have done phoned here phoned there sent emails had my mother gone down to the office... and guess what? (FK ALL)! Seriously... it's disgusting and pathetic that us 'British Citizens' are treated like this.... just a few posts back i even said what if 'china had a serious problem' ? i can leave but my son cant? and now it seems that is happen to you! - also i have a family member who is really sick... and might not even be around this year...... and i want them to meet my son! (Liverpool office took payment April 3rd) and I HAVE HEARD NOTHING AT ALL - the anger i have... is... Christ i don't even want to go there i'm getting to the 'line' now where something needs to be done.... so angry and annoyed! - I plan to go home by august... but this DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

- I feel for you mate. i really do..!! just hang in there!

'chin up fella'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.