Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 25th 2014, 11:05 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Over 90 % of the staff I have spoken to both from the advice line and the passport office have asked for a reference number. This clearly suggests they have no idea about OS application. They are inept and useless.
Not one person I spoke to from the passport office could give me a reference number.
So if the people actually handling my application cannot tell me a reference number or roughly how long it will take what is the point of them even allowing people to contact them.

I have an idea. Train staff properly and make a separate office for just dealing with OS applications. Instead of wasting everyone's time and adding extra stress and anxiety would could have been avoided if they were actually truthful on their website and guidance documents
They would need 'one office'

One section for Local UK passports... other end of the hall way an 'overseas' section

not mix it all together. my family are going to the office next week. (not sure why... another 'TALK' perhaps??' as i said in a previous post i have a family member who might not be around this year... and i want them to hold/see my son.

They're really getting my temper now (but my family are worse)

Last edited by Vexcore; May 25th 2014 at 11:07 am.
Old May 25th 2014, 11:41 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Over 90 % of the staff I have spoken to both from the advice line and the passport office have asked for a reference number. This clearly suggests they have no idea about OS application. They are inept and useless.
Not one person I spoke to from the passport office could give me a reference number.
So if the people actually handling my application cannot tell me a reference number or roughly how long it will take what is the point of them even allowing people to contact them.

I have an idea. Train staff properly and make a separate office for just dealing with OS applications. Instead of wasting everyone's time and adding extra stress and anxiety would could have been avoided if they were actually truthful on their website and guidance documents
Originally Posted by Vexcore
They would need 'one office'

One section for Local UK passports... other end of the hall way an 'overseas' section

not mix it all together. my family are going to the office next week. (not sure why... another 'TALK' perhaps??' as i said in a previous post i have a family member who might not be around this year... and i want them to hold/see my son.

They're really getting my temper now (but my family are worse)
There are already separate teams for processing UK and overseas applications. The Adviceline staff have obviously been ill-trained to deal with overseas enquiries though it's more likely the sheer volume of applications being received from overseas that are overwhelming the relatively small number of processing staff they have at the moment. Consulates often faced similar problems during the summer rush period which we have now entered. Unfortunately the Home Office doesn't seem to deploying the extra resources it has to any great effect.
Old May 25th 2014, 11:43 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Really?

So how come they 'ask' for a ref number if i choose to be put through via 'overseas'

countless of times i told them (THE FORM IS PRINTED NO REF NUMBER) -They're reply? (NO SIR YOU DO HAVE A REF NUMBER BLAH BLAH) - Just seriously STFU to that ill-trained staff....

Hopefully in the future it will be sorted... all that 'bollocks'

'ill-trained' indeed...
Old May 25th 2014, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

I read on the linky that vexicore posted from the daily tripe that apparently only 8 staff man the phone lines.... 8 lol
Old May 25th 2014, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

EIGHT people???????? That's ridiculous!
Old May 25th 2014, 2:07 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by windsong
EIGHT people???????? That's ridiculous!
Might as well make it 7.... (I'm sure one will go for a 'smoke break' lol)
Old May 25th 2014, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Might as well make it 7.... (I'm sure one will go for a 'smoke break' lol)
Ha ha ha!!!

Old May 26th 2014, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

ScottishPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Well all, I have my son passport now, about 11 weeks door to door on what was quoted as a minimum 4 weeks cycle time. it was delivered to my china address by DHL

I am just happen it is done and next time will apply a new passport when I am in the UK and pay to have it same day processing.

Good luck to you all!

Paul
Old May 26th 2014, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

saman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ScottishPaul
Well all, I have my son passport now, about 11 weeks door to door on what was quoted as a minimum 4 weeks cycle time. it was delivered to my china address by DHL

I am just happen it is done and next time will apply a new passport when I am in the UK and pay to have it same day processing.

Good luck to you all!

Paul
Congratulation m8
Old May 26th 2014, 2:52 pm
Looking Around~

n1 m8,

Hope for me yet.... you got it in 11 weeks... that's 3 weeks from me.. !
Old May 26th 2014, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point

n1 m8,

Hope for me yet.... you got it in 11 weeks... that's 3 weeks from me.. !
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been asked to attend an interview for a child's first passport? I got an email after 13 weeks to attend one!
Old May 26th 2014, 3:06 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by Muheza
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been asked to attend an interview for a child's first passport? I got an email after 13 weeks to attend one!
How the hell can you attend one? 'flying to the uk' ? lol

Never heard such rubbish.

very odd
Old May 26th 2014, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

How the hell can you attend one? 'flying to the uk' ? lol

Never heard such rubbish.

very odd
Have to attend at the british embassy here.
Old May 26th 2014, 3:11 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by Muheza
Have to attend at the british embassy here.
Interesting.... maybe they 'suspect' fraud from you? or this is a whole new 'ball game'
Old May 26th 2014, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Interesting.... maybe they 'suspect' fraud from you? or this is a whole new 'ball game'
Straightforward documents submitted. Buying time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.