Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 24th 2014, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

movingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nice
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

I just checked the website too. They have also changed the timeline from Canada, it now says 10 weeks from the original 8. I think I'm f****d now as that's past the date of my move back to the UK. They also have my Canadian passport. I have asked them to send it back to me if they have finished with it, I'm not holding my breath! This is awful and so wrong of them. They should be staffed better and be more competent, isn't this supposed to be 2014! And yes,
I was told to send my Canadian passport not a copy when I spoke to them previously on the phone. They said it would be quicker! Granted it's only be 4 weeks for me at the moment but judging by all your comments I don't feel too confident that ours will be done in time. When I spoke to them last week they said Canada was one of the faster countries to get completed. We shall see. I'll post updates on here as and if I ever hear back from them.
Old May 24th 2014, 3:51 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johno5175
What country? That sounds pretty long. In China here the new policy is take all your crap and apply in person at the Visa offices located here. They check all the docs and ID etc then give you the originals back and send you on your merry way.
I presume they do all the chinese side of the checks here to relieve the burden from the Passport office in UK then your shiny book gets deliverd back to the office in China for pick-up by yourself...... So they say
But you and me 'applied' before May 7th... so those new changes... is not for us..

THANK GOD

I'm not flying back n forth to Beijing etc they took payment of my sons application on april 3rd so....

And i don't get why people in china need to send the application to the Visa Centre... because there won't be any Chinese documents if you include your sons consular birth certificate. (no need for Chinese documents) lol

Passport Application
Sons consular birth certificate.
Payment Form
Copy of my passport page

Website told me and on phone that's all that's needed
(if he has a consular birth certificate)
Old May 24th 2014, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by movingbacktotheuksoon
I just checked the website too. They have also changed the timeline from Canada, it now says 10 weeks from the original 8. I think I'm f****d now as that's past the date of my move back to the UK. They also have my Canadian passport. I have asked them to send it back to me if they have finished with it, I'm not holding my breath! This is awful and so wrong of them. They should be staffed better and be more competent, isn't this supposed to be 2014! And yes,
I was told to send my Canadian passport not a copy when I spoke to them previously on the phone. They said it would be quicker! Granted it's only be 4 weeks for me at the moment but judging by all your comments I don't feel too confident that ours will be done in time. When I spoke to them last week they said Canada was one of the faster countries to get completed. We shall see. I'll post updates on here as and if I ever hear back from them.
Check out the Canada forum and see what others are going through.... Best bet
Old May 24th 2014, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

movingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nice

Thanks. Will do.
Old May 24th 2014, 5:55 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

ANY UPDATES GUYS/GIRLS

Keep us posted!
Old May 24th 2014, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

saman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johno5175
What country? That sounds pretty long. In China here the new policy is take all your crap and apply in person at the Visa offices located here. They check all the docs and ID etc then give you the originals back and send you on your merry way.
I presume they do all the chinese side of the checks here to relieve the burden from the Passport office in UK then your shiny book gets deliverd back to the office in China for pick-up by yourself...... So they say
Iraq m8
Old May 25th 2014, 2:44 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by saman
Iraq m8
Jesus! Iraq!? you're one brave mofo!

No wonder it's taken long...

Your's will take long time then. (now i understand why) - Just Phone them up see whats what? you got a Ref number m8?
Old May 25th 2014, 2:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
..... - Just Phone them up see whats what? ....
Have you considered that phoning all the time is tying people up on phone calls rather than processing applications?
Old May 25th 2014, 2:55 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you considered that phoning all the time is tying people up on phone calls rather than processing applications?
What would you do then? send a letter 1st class?... what can he do... except email or phone...

I would not sit by idle and 'watch the world go by'

Mither them to the max.... (one guy on here did that) - With great success!
Old May 25th 2014, 2:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

What would you do then? send a letter 1st class?... what can he do... except email or phone...

I would not sit by idle and 'watch the world go by'

Mither them to the max.... (one guy on here did that) - With great success!
I would sit and wait. These things take time, and ringing probably doesn't achieve anything. You say one person successfully mithered them into processing their application. How many people are now waiting longer because people were tied up trying to track down one application - that's if the reason he/she has the passport is a result of the badgering.

Personally, it takes as long as it takes and I would want it carried out accurately rather than hastily.
Old May 25th 2014, 3:01 am
Looking Around~

I would sit and wait. These things take time, and ringing probably doesn't achieve anything. You say one person successfully mithered them into processing their application. How many people are now waiting longer because people were tied up trying to track down one application - that's if the reason he/she has the passport is a result of the badgering.

Personally, it takes as long as it takes and I would want it carried out accurately rather than hastily.
So you would 'sit and wait' if it was 10 weeks? 15 weeks? 30 weeks?

Hmm 'Patience is strong in this one.'

Like i said one 'guy' on here mither them none stop and he finally got the passport.

When push comes to shove
Old May 25th 2014, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

So you would 'sit and wait' if it was 10 weeks? 15 weeks? 30 weeks?

Hmm 'Patience is strong in this one.'

Like i said one 'guy' on here mither them none stop and he finally got the passport.

When push comes to shove
I agree

It is totally disgraceful that the website can change from 6 weeks to 8 weeks.
At least have the decency to notify applicants.

Whenever I get my sons passport I will make a massive complaint and will go to the press too. I hope every person in the Liverpool office lose their job
Old May 25th 2014, 8:46 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

That's true, old.sparkles, but they should at least be honest with the timeline. Plus, some people need a PP for work etc. And a basic requirement for living in a foreign country is having ID. While in Italy, it's no big deal I'm sure that there are a lot of countries where it is not a good idea.

Originally Posted by Razakhtar

Whenever I get my sons passport I will make a massive complaint and will go to the press too. I hope every person in the Liverpool office lose their job
I don't think that it is fair. It seems to me a case of a top dog blunder, not that of lowly workers.

I wonder if the consulates are grinning from ear to ear over this.
Old May 25th 2014, 10:05 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
I agree

It is totally disgraceful that the website can change from 6 weeks to 8 weeks.
At least have the decency to notify applicants.

Going from not enough staff to no staff is unlikely to speed up future applications.

Originally Posted by 37100
I don't think that it is fair. It seems to me a case of a top dog blunder, not that of lowly workers.

I wonder if the consulates are grinning from ear to ear over this.
They probably would be if they all hadn't already been made redundant.

Need to renew my passport and given the delays I've booked a Fast Track appointment for next Wednesday. Be interesting to see whether it does come back within the week.
Old May 25th 2014, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Over 90 % of the staff I have spoken to both from the advice line and the passport office have asked for a reference number. This clearly suggests they have no idea about OS application. They are inept and useless.
Not one person I spoke to from the passport office could give me a reference number.
So if the people actually handling my application cannot tell me a reference number or roughly how long it will take what is the point of them even allowing people to contact them.

I have an idea. Train staff properly and make a separate office for just dealing with OS applications. Instead of wasting everyone's time and adding extra stress and anxiety would could have been avoided if they were actually truthful on their website and guidance documents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.