Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 23rd 2014, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

zuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Finally have my son's passport. Arrived today at 4pm (EST) via DHL. I checked the website yesterday and it was showing the same status it had been since the application was received. Today it says "dispatched". My time line...

24 Feb - Online application
25 Feb - Payment taken
28 Feb - Declaration sent to Durham
04 Feb - Declararion received
18 Mar - Assigned to a case office
24 Apr - Called 0300 number, request has been sent to countersignatory
28 Apr - Countersignatory sends back requested details
14 May - Called 0300 number and registered a formal complaint
22 May - Website still says "Declaration received"
23 May - Received son's passport, web site says "Dispatched"

All the best to everyone still waiting.
Old May 23rd 2014, 9:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kabbage
.... ok that seems to have worked, I'll try remember what I wrote and post again...

I'm a UK citizen living in the USA with my US citizen husband. We are expecting our first child and are in the process of relocating to the UK. By the looks of things the baby will arrive before we are able to move. Since the baby will be entitled to both US and UK citizenship I thought we would just get a UK passport for him for now so it would be easier to enter the UK but after reading this thread it sounds like a bad idea! Also I checked the processing times and it says 'at least 10 weeks'. Would the UK let the baby in on a US passport? Do I need to register his birth with the UK embassy in the US?
I would advise you to obtain a consular birth certificate for your baby and use that in tandem with the US passport if the waiting times are equally long when you are ready to go. You can then also use it to apply for your baby's British passport once you are settled in the UK.

Originally Posted by johno5175
You will be fine. Baby can enter the UK on US passport visa free. Once in UK then she is just another UK citizen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_re...tates_citizens
Not quite. A US passport holder can enter as a visitor for up to six months without a visa. If the intention is to enter and remain in the UK as a British citizen on a non-British passport then it's always advisable to bring other documentary evidence of your British citizenship as it will be at the discretion of the immigration officer whether to let you enter or not.
Old May 24th 2014, 2:10 am
Just Joined

saman is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by zuluswede
Finally have my son's passport. Arrived today at 4pm (EST) via DHL. I checked the website yesterday and it was showing the same status it had been since the application was received. Today it says "dispatched". My time line...

24 Feb - Online application
25 Feb - Payment taken
28 Feb - Declaration sent to Durham
04 Feb - Declararion received
18 Mar - Assigned to a case office
24 Apr - Called 0300 number, request has been sent to countersignatory
28 Apr - Countersignatory sends back requested details
14 May - Called 0300 number and registered a formal complaint
22 May - Website still says "Declaration received"
23 May - Received son's passport, web site says "Dispatched"

All the best to everyone still waiting.
Congratulation m8
Old May 24th 2014, 3:39 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

You guys seen this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ents-time.html

Not surprised.
Old May 24th 2014, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Angry Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Bad news ,That's why delays.
Old May 24th 2014, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Bad news , that's why delays
Old May 24th 2014, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Bad news , that's why delays
Old May 24th 2014, 7:57 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this, too. At least in the UK you have the option of fast tracking.
Old May 24th 2014, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

ScottishPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing. Surely there would be other departments that could be pulled in to cover the peak period.
Old May 24th 2014, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

FFS... and will get worse in the summer they say.

new update to apps from China

How long it takes

Your application will take at least 8 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...ng/child/china

Last edited by johno5175; May 24th 2014 at 2:57 pm. Reason: edit
Old May 24th 2014, 3:20 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

How long it takes

Your application will take at least 8 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK

oh well.... i'll be at 8 weeks by the end of this week! (i'll bet 100 quid) - i won't get the passport in this MONTH... lol

Last edited by Vexcore; May 24th 2014 at 3:24 pm.
Old May 24th 2014, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

oh well.... i'll be at 8 weeks by the end of this week!
Shame cant "throw a red envelope"
Old May 24th 2014, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

How long it takes

Yes the gov website updated
Mine from 6 weeks to 12 weeks
Old May 24th 2014, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Yes gov website updated mine from 6 weeks to 12 weeks but any way I'm in 10 weeks now hopefully not be longer
Old May 24th 2014, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saman
Yes gov website updated mine from 6 weeks to 12 weeks but any way I'm in 10 weeks now hopefully not be longer
What country? That sounds pretty long. In China here the new policy is take all your crap and apply in person at the Visa offices located here. They check all the docs and ID etc then give you the originals back and send you on your merry way.
I presume they do all the chinese side of the checks here to relieve the burden from the Passport office in UK then your shiny book gets deliverd back to the office in China for pick-up by yourself...... So they say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.