Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Shoaib28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Up to you, but I wouldn't pay £300 for something that's unlikely to bring any benefit.
ok thanks.
hmpo did say today if not happy then to send a written complaint to the Southport address.
not sure if that well make a difference.

I did come cross today a person waiting over 16 months from Bangladesh.
if they where going to refuse the application im sure they would of done it by now.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
ok thanks.
hmpo did say today if not happy then to send a written complaint to the Southport address.
not sure if that well make a difference.

I did come cross today a person waiting over 16 months from Bangladesh.
if they where going to refuse the application im sure they would of done it by now.
I guess it can't hurt for you to send a written complaint to the address provided, as HMPO have advised that you can do that. Even if it's unlikely to help speed up the application, it'll probably make you feel better to be doing something.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

I guess it can't hurt for you to send a written complaint to the address provided, as HMPO have advised that you can do that. Even if it's unlikely to help speed up the application, it'll probably make you feel better to be doing something.
To make a complaint does it have to be from Bangladesh or can I send it from the UK?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

To make a complaint does it have to be from Bangladesh or can I send it from the UK?
It's your cousin's passport application you're talking about? If that's the case, either your cousin would need to be the one making the complaint, or you'd have to have his permission to make a complaint on his behalf. I'd imagine HMPO would want to see his signed permission in writing.

Do bear in mind Brit in Paris' comment that the delay is likely to be the length of time Bangladeshi authorities are taking to supply requested information. In such circumstances, there's nothing HMPO can do to speed up the application's processing, nor are they at fault.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Feb 21st 2019 at 2:12 am.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

It's your cousin's passport application you're talking about? If that's the case, either your cousin would need to be the one making the complaint, or you'd have to have his permission to make a complaint on his behalf. I'd imagine HMPO would want to see his signed permission in writing.
yes it's my cousins from Bangladesh.
that's why I was asking. becuse Southport is a UK address.
anyway thank you for taking your time to reply to me.
I well update if any change.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:17 am
Concierge

yes it's my cousins from Bangladesh.
that's why I was asking. becuse Southport is a UK address.
anyway thank you for taking your time to reply to me.
I well update if any change.
Your cousin can send a letter of complaint to Southport from Bangladesh, or if you have permission to act on his behalf, you can do it from the UK.
I hope you and.your cousin don't have much longer to wait.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Your cousin can send a letter of complaint to Southport from Bangladesh, or if you have permission to act on his behalf, you can do it from the UK.
I hope you and.your cousin don't have much longer to wait.
to be honest the wait is not so bad but just not knowing what the out come well be after all this time is scary.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Ope2345 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello newbie

am Nigerian but my husband is British we submitted my son application since Oct 2018 and we had been contacted for more documents,interview and DNA. My husband got a text from dxdelivery and all supporting documents were returned to him with a little note stating ‘your passport application is in process’
please that is the waiting game like since we have gotten our documents and done DNA with the result out and positive

how long do we wait now that it’s all done

we are in same case just that I did DNA and then documents was dents with a not ‘your application is being processed.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 9th 2019 at 5:53 am. Reason: Fixing quotes - no idea shat happened there!
Old Mar 9th 2019, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Bastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ope2345

hello newbie

am Nigerian but my husband is British we submitted my son application since Oct 2018 and we had been contacted for more documents,interview and DNA. My husband got a text from dxdelivery and all supporting documents were returned to him with a little note stating ‘your passport application is in process’
please that is the waiting game like since we have gotten our documents and done DNA with the result out and positive

how long do we wait now that it’s all done

we are in same case just that I did DNA and then documents was dents with a not ‘your application is being processed.
you will get the passport soon.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bastron

you will get the passport soon.
thanks....that’s a relief..... will they bring it to me in Nigeria or UK to my husband???...... the documents were sent to him in UK though.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Bastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ope2345

thanks....that’s a relief..... will they bring it to me in Nigeria or UK to my husband???...... the documents were sent to him in UK though.
the address on the application, but if the docs were sent to him thennits likely the passport will too
Old Mar 9th 2019, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bastron

the address on the application, but if the docs were sent to him thennits likely the passport will too
thanks so much.... was so disappointed yesterday when I didn’t get the passport but do u have any idea how long it could take???
Old Mar 11th 2019, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

hey guys it's going to be 20months this week since my cousin made he's application.
As he's in Bangladesh, could I or someone else make a complaint to a local mp behalf of him?
Old Apr 8th 2019, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

hey guys
21months and still waiting.

A formal complaint was sent to the Southport address, the reply was they would get back within 10 working days. after 10days they said now they need 10 more working days to get back.

We don't understand why they just don't cancel the application and let us free from this nightmare.
Old May 1st 2019, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Abdulavalon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zainy11
After nearly 10 months of waiting finally I got good news. Passport printed and dispatched. Now back to UK.
Here is my timeline
Sent application - Nov 1st 2016
Requested further documents - Dec 2016
Sent to New Delhi for security checks - Jan 2017
Further documents requested - Feb 2017
Examination process April 2017
Interview - 25th July 2017
Sent to liver pool processing on same day.
Requested further documents again - 18th August 2017
Passport printed - 22nd August 2017
Passport dispatched - 24th August 2017

They say estimated delivery date for passport and supporting documents to come to Srilanka - 28th August 2017

What questions do they ask during the interview process please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.