Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Nov 1st 2018, 8:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Ros_87
Thank you for your respond Britinparis.
Yes I was naturalised in 2005. Came as a minor 13years old. Had travel document until I turned 18 then I was naturalised.
And where were you before?
Old Nov 1st 2018, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Ros_87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kosovo
Old Nov 1st 2018, 9:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Kosovo
That’ll be why. Many Albanians falsely claimed to be Kosovan during the war in order to claim asylum.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That’ll be why. Many Albanians falsely claimed to be Kosovan during the war in order to claim asylum.
I’ve heard of this but why does it take so long? Surely they have all the sources to get the information quicker.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:05 pm

I’ve heard of this but why does it take so long? Surely they have all the sources to get the information quicker.
They can request information from third parties but it will depend on how long it takes for them to respond.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

They can request information from third parties but it will depend on how long it takes for them to respond.
They can request all the information but why do they keep my passport? Surely they can make a copy and do all the checks. It looks like they just like to split families. Thank you for your respond.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:15 pm

They can request all the information but why do they keep my passport? Surely they can make a copy and do all the checks. It looks like they just like to split families. Thank you for your respond.
So they can cancel it in case they decide you fraudulently obtained your British citizenship.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

So they can cancel it in case they decide you fraudulently obtained your British citizenship.
Surely they can cancel it even if I have it.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:25 pm

Surely they can cancel it even if I have it.
They can but you can’t leave the country in the meantime.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

They can but you can’t leave the country in the meantime.
thank you again for your respond.
I am just annoyed because I had booked my flight next week to go and see him and don’t know how long this checks can take. I hope I hear from them before new year as I’m planning to go there then also.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:48 pm

thank you again for your respond.
I am just annoyed because I had booked my flight next week to go and see him and don’t know how long this checks can take. I hope I hear from them before new year as I’m planning to go there then also.
I wouldn’t make any travel plans until you get your passport back.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Humaira Tariq is an unknown quantity at this point

Child first overseas British passport
Applied from KARACHI, PAKISTAN.
Application and supporting documents submitted on 7th AUGUST 2018.
Additional documents requested on 14th AUGUST 2018
Requested Documents submitted on 16th AUGUST 2018.
Interview conducted on 4th SEPTEMBER 2018
PASSPORT PRINTED ON 16th OCTOBER 2018
Call from gerrys for collection of passport on 5th NOVEMBER 2018
Passport collected on 6th NOVEMBER 2018
It took less than 3 months to get passport

Old Nov 7th 2018, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Olay90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, a newbie here
Could someone advise me on this situation pls? I applied for my daughter's british passport from Nigeria but stupidly got her birth certificate laminated unknown to me that it would be rejected. After the docs were received by the passport office in Durham, I received an email asking to send an unlaminated copy. Since that was the original, I had to obtain another one from the national commission but the issue is that the registration centre and registration date on the new certificate is different from the one with the passport office. Could this pose any issues even though, every other information remains unchanged?
Thanks.
​​​​

Last edited by Olay90; Nov 7th 2018 at 3:16 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Olay90
Hi all, a newbie here
Could someone advise me on this situation pls? I applied for my daughter's british passport from Nigeria but stupidly got her birth certificate laminated unknown to me that it would be rejected. After the docs were received by the passport office in Durham, I received an email asking to send an unlaminated copy. Since that was the original, I had to obtain another one from the national commission but the issue is that the registration centre and registration date on the new certificate is different from the one with the passport office. Could this pose any issues even though, every other information remains unchanged?
Thanks.
​​​​
The issue date can differ but the registration date shouldn’t.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Olay90 is an unknown quantity at this point

The issue date can differ but the registration date shouldn’t.
Thanks for your response. The issue is that since there are no computerised records of the original certificate, getting a new one will be more like registering the birth all over again, therefore reason for a new registration date. I'm worried it might complicate issues at the passport office.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.