Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 17th 2018, 1:17 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by everested
I have had another Email fro HMPO saying they will not refund charges for DNA samples. It irks me that they are effectively suspecting me of fraud and child trafficking which i find truly offensive tbh, I don't get offended easily but when every tom dick on harry is getting into the UK from all sorts of criminal backgrounds & isis fighters returning to UK and getting houses etc, my own govt not helping with the fee's to get DNA tests just to get a passport for my British daughter (no DNA no citizenship) just pisses me off... Anyway rant off lol - Bring on the tests and a few months of basic living - sigh!
That's the cost of giving birth in a country at a high risk of fraud. Have your next child in the UK.
Old May 17th 2018, 4:32 am
Just Joined

everested is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That's the cost of giving birth in a country at a high risk of fraud. Have your next child in the UK.
Yeah i guess, we cannot afford to move to the UK anyway and i don't want to be separated from my kid so i guess we live here. It just annoys me that others that have no documents get their family into the UK and free this and that plus criminals with no background checks etc, yet when law abiding people follow the process set by the govt the govt then say not good enough lol? It would have been much easier to just do this at step 1 if it was always going to come to this. It would have saved me an awful lot of time, effort and stress tbf.
Old May 17th 2018, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Shoaib28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey first update since the application was made
the passport application is with the overseas team undegoing checks.
Hope for the best.
Old May 18th 2018, 3:34 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i guess, we cannot afford to move to the UK anyway and i don't want to be separated from my kid so i guess we live here. It just annoys me that others that have no documents get their family into the UK and free this and that plus criminals with no background checks etc, yet when law abiding people follow the process set by the govt the govt then say not good enough lol? It would have been much easier to just do this at step 1 if it was always going to come to this. It would have saved me an awful lot of time, effort and stress tbf.
If you want to smuggle your wife and newborn child in the back of a lorry into the UK so they can do battle with the Home Office for the next ten years then go for it but doing a DNA test seems far easier.

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
Hey first update since the application was made
the passport application is with the overseas team undegoing checks.
Hope for the best.
Fingers crossed.
Old May 22nd 2018, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Jmj10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all,

I applied my childs first british passport, they received it 8th of May, I'm applying from New Zealand. Father is UK citizen and me is Filipina. Foolishly I sent out our passports just to make it more quicker I think. Does anyone here requested to sent back there passport? It's only been 2 weeks. Haven't tried to call them yet. Need the passport for visa application here. And also if someone applied from NZ, how long did it take? As we are about to go holiday in July.

Thanks in Advance 😊
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jmj10
Hi to all,

I applied my childs first british passport, they received it 8th of May, I'm applying from New Zealand. Father is UK citizen and me is Filipina. Foolishly I sent out our passports just to make it more quicker I think. Does anyone here requested to sent back there passport? It's only been 2 weeks. Haven't tried to call them yet. Need the passport for visa application here. And also if someone applied from NZ, how long did it take? As we are about to go holiday in July.

Thanks in Advance 😊
Was your child born in New Zealand? Are you married to the father? Have you been married before?
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Was your child born in New Zealand? Are you married to the father? Have you been married before?
hi, nope we are not married yet but we're together. And yes our baby was born in New Zealand.
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:25 pm

hi, nope we are not married yet but we're together. And yes our baby was born in New Zealand.
Have you ever been married before?
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

nope, I have not been married before. He was and divorced. Would that be a problem if his married before? I just need to know if someone tried to ask them if they could sent back passport. 😕
Old May 23rd 2018, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

hi britinParis,

do you have any idea why is it necessary that I have to prove I was not married before? They emailed me asking for a CENOMAR. And I still need to send them letter on why I need to send MY own passport back. Frustrating and not money wise 😐
Old May 23rd 2018, 10:21 pm

hi britinParis,

do you have any idea why is it necessary that I have to prove I was not married before? They emailed me asking for a CENOMAR. And I still need to send them letter on why I need to send MY own passport back. Frustrating and not money wise 😐
Because the Philippines does not permit divorce. If you have been married then, unless that marriage was annulled or you obtained a divorce in a foreign court that was recognised in the Philippines, then your husband would be the legal father of your child and therefore your child would not be a British citizen. Hence my question.
Old May 23rd 2018, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Because the Philippines does not permit divorce. If you have been married then, unless that marriage was annulled or you obtained a divorce in a foreign court that was recognised in the Philippines, then your husband would be the legal father of your child and therefore your child would not be a British citizen. Hence my question.
thanks for that.
Old May 24th 2018, 5:39 am
Just Joined

everested is an unknown quantity at this point

Update - so after a few phone calls to HMPO i found i needed all 3 family members tested. I don't know why the wife was needed but still i have paid it and recieved a mail today with a date for testing 2 weeks from now.

So within 1 week - 15th may i got the DNA request and now today the date offer for 6th june which i accepted. After this i assume it will be maybe 6 weeks until passport sent?

Not happy about the 405 quid payment but what can i do? You either pay it and proceed or not pay and have them potentially ruin everything for your kid? Sucks but i did it so i look forward to the tests and getting the passport :-)
Old May 24th 2018, 12:28 pm

Update - so after a few phone calls to HMPO i found i needed all 3 family members tested. I don't know why the wife was needed but still i have paid it and recieved a mail today with a date for testing 2 weeks from now.

So within 1 week - 15th may i got the DNA request and now today the date offer for 6th june which i accepted. After this i assume it will be maybe 6 weeks until passport sent?

Not happy about the 405 quid payment but what can i do? You either pay it and proceed or not pay and have them potentially ruin everything for your kid? Sucks but i did it so i look forward to the tests and getting the passport :-)
Interesting to know they wanted to test the mother as well. Not sure why that's necessary either. Keep us updated on the process.
Old May 24th 2018, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Because plenty of examples of Phillippine women 'marrying' Westerners and then, some time down the line, the 'other' family turn up, and the guy finds out he has never really been married at all..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.