Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Feb 24th 2018, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Lania is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Maryoma
Really disappointing and heart breaking ,couldn't understand the reason, can you clarify it a bit more please.
Reason they state is the blue familypaper and my daughters nafus are not original eventhough we got them from thee office translated stamped and send of why they sayy thiis we dont know as its impossible
Old Feb 24th 2018, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Maryoma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lania
Reason they state is the blue familypaper and my daughters nafus are not original eventhough we got them from thee office translated stamped and send of why they sayy thiis we dont know as its impossible
Have you got it approved from the interior ministry in and then from Iraq's foreign affair and the notary bureau all in Baghdad ? You've had to make each person in separate paper, had that problem myself but emailed them to explain and they apologised.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Lania is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maryoma
Have you got it approved from the interior ministry in and then from Iraq's foreign affair and the notary bureau all in Baghdad ? You've had to make each person in separate paper, had that problem myself but emailed them to explain and they apologised.
No we made one familypaper and one for my daughter alone we send everything 2 times including iraqi passport they said dont stamp in baghdad erbil is enough. I asked them to make everyone saperate but they said no al on 1 paper. Also changed from nafus to nistimani send that to they asked whats this they didnt see it before somehow. Its a nightmare send alle original 2 times and still they refuse this is all they gave us what else can we do?
Old Feb 24th 2018, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Lania;12450029]No we made one familypaper and one for my daughter alone we send everything 2 times including iraqi passport they said dont stamp in baghdad erbil is enough. I asked them to make everyone saperate but they said no al on 1 paper. Also changed from nafus to nistimani send that to they asked whats this they didnt see it before somehow. Its a nightmare send alle original 2 times and still they refuse this is all they gave us what else can we do?[/QUOTE
Baghdad is more authentic than Erbil,who told you Erbil is enough?
Blue paper alone is not acceptable,note I'm from Kirkuk,in the past Erbil was fine for KRG residents, but may be not anymore.
Email them, tell them you are going to sort this issue out by issuing new 1957 from Baghdad.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Shoaib28 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Lania;12449940]Instead of getting the second interview they emailed me to say they refused my daughters passport due to temperd papers wich is impossible. What will be the next step for

Sorry to hear that.
But why did they make you wait 1 year to refuse it?
Why didn't they just check all the paper work the in first place? Can you make a appeal?
Old Feb 25th 2018, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If her expired British passport is with her in Colombia it'll be easier for her mother to make the application for her from there.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Was afraid you would sat that! reading all these stories about back and forth through mail and delays, just seemed would be easier for me to renew it here, and cheaper.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 10:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Was afraid you would sat that! reading all these stories about back and forth through mail and delays, just seemed would be easier for me to renew it here, and cheaper.
I can't speak for the Colombian postal service but these days the overseas renewal process itself is very quick.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I can't speak for the Colombian postal service but these days the overseas renewal process itself is very quick.
Colombian postal service is terrible, when there I compared notes with other Expats- 50% of mail sent to Colombia from abroad never arrives, let alone theft from packages sent.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 10:33 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Colombian postal service is terrible, when there I compared notes with other Expats- 50% of mail sent to Colombia from abroad never arrives, let alone theft from packages sent.
Best to send the application by courier then.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Evening.
So 7 months since my cousin made he's first British Passport application from Bangladesh, still waiting for some sort contact from hmpo? The only reply for the last 7months is it's under the exmation process? Had to wait 6months for a home office status letter and now 7months for the passport application without any news up to now? Recvied by Belfast passport office.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
Evening.
So 7 months since my cousin made he's first British Passport application from Bangladesh, still waiting for some sort contact from hmpo? The only reply for the last 7months is it's under the exmation process? Had to wait 6months for a home office status letter and now 7months for the passport application without any news up to now? Recvied by Belfast passport office.
Submitted my daughter's application July 2017,October was asked to renew my Iraqi ID's,Dec was asked about my whereabouts to set the interview, the interview was not confirmed,January requested about the reason, got told not to contact again and wait till they email me,last week phoned up the lady said be patient.Regards OMAR
Old Mar 12th 2018, 6:39 pm

Evening.
Nothing has changed since the last time you posted. Your cousin will just need to be patient.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Nothing has changed since the last time you posted. Your cousin will just need to be patient.
Hey thanx for your reply.
Any idea why they have not asked for a interview or can something be wrong?
Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:17 pm

Hey thanx for your reply.
Any idea why they have not asked for a interview or can something be wrong?
They will ask to do one in time if required. The minimum processing time is eight months so your cousin hasn't even reached that point yet.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

They will ask to do one in time if required. The minimum processing time is eight months so your cousin hasn't even reached that point yet.
The reason is I got invited before the examination process reach to it's final stage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.