Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Feb 17th 2018, 3:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Lania
It asked my husband if he was still in the UK as they want to do a second interview and if so if he wanted it in Durham or would go to Baghdad. I've emailed Durham overseas team since end December and they keep telling me wait until we approach your file on the pile. I start to wonder how big the pile is. So its fairly rare now im getting scared as the first one was in april in Luton.
It will depend on the circumstances of the birth. If only your husband is a British citizen and your daughter was born in Iraq then that raises all kind of issues regarding potential fraud. Providing you are both who you say you are and your daughter is your child then you'll be fine. The only problem is that HMPO cannot take your word for it and Iraq is considered a high risk country for potential fraud so they need to carry out verification checks. This will usually involve liaising with the government of the country in question. If the Iraqi authorities drag their feet then the process gets longer. All you can do is be patient.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Lania is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It will depend on the circumstances of the birth. If only your husband is a British citizen and your daughter was born in Iraq then that raises all kind of issues regarding potential fraud. Providing you are both who you say you are and your daughter is your child then you'll be fine. The only problem is that HMPO cannot take your word for it and Iraq is considered a high risk country for potential fraud so they need to carry out verification checks. This will usually involve liaising with the government of the country in question. If the Iraqi authorities drag their feet then the process gets longer. All you can do is be patient.
Im a Dutch citizen myself and have send my own birthcertificate as well and copy passport. Wait is all we can do but at this point after a year it starts to get frustrating. It would save a lot of time if dna was part of it standard. Another question that no one xould answer me can i apply for her right of abode and how long will that take?Thank you for your information

Last edited by Lania; Feb 17th 2018 at 5:30 pm. Reason: Added a question
Old Feb 17th 2018, 6:47 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Im a Dutch citizen myself and have send my own birthcertificate as well and copy passport. Wait is all we can do but at this point after a year it starts to get frustrating. It would save a lot of time if dna was part of it standard. Another question that no one xould answer me can i apply for her right of abode and how long will that take?Thank you for your information
Why not apply for your daughter's Dutch passport?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Maryoma is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody here ecperience with applying from Iraq? Been waiting 6 months now any tips on getting an accurate update or help?
Salam,application submitted July 2017 documents requested on 23 Oct, 27th Dec was asked for father's whereabouts, 25th Jan2018 was told not to contact and wait till the security check carried out, Also from Iraq,Kirkuk. So annoyed.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Not without previously having held a British passport.
My daughter, born in Lain America, at birth upon presentation of her birth certificate, mine and my British passport was issued a British passport at the consulate, I don't have any paperwork of registration of her birth at the consulate. Her passport has expired, and she isn't in UK right now- if apply for a renewal can I do so here in the UK ? Seems less bother than back and forth with country she is now in.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by morpeth
My daughter, born in Lain America, at birth upon presentation of her birth certificate, mine and my British passport was issued a British passport at the consulate, I don't have any paperwork of registration of her birth at the consulate. Her passport has expired, and she isn't in UK right now- if apply for a renewal can I do so here in the UK ? Seems less bother than back and forth with country she is now in.
Consular birth registration is a separate process so the chances are she wasn't registered.

How old is your daughter? Which country is she living in? Does she hold another passport? When did her current British passport expire?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, britinparis you may read this, kindly, application received Jul 2017,23oct additional documents requested, 27th Dec invitation for interview received, but no confirmation till this minute , phoned and emailed , till I was told to stop contact them till they get back to me,but they never and it's Feb the 24th, has patience got any other meaning? I'm in Iraq, high risk probably, can that be the only reason? There must be others.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Maryoma
Hi there, britinparis you may read this, kindly, application received Jul 2017,23oct additional documents requested, 27th Dec invitation for interview received, but no confirmation till this minute , phoned and emailed , till I was told to stop contact them till they get back to me,but they never and it's Feb the 24th, has patience got any other meaning? I'm in Iraq, high risk probably, can that be the only reason? There must be others.
That is likely to be the sole reason. As Lania mentioned she has been waiting a year for her child's passport having also given birth in Iraq.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

That is likely to be the sole reason. As Lania mentioned she has been waiting a year for her child's passport having also given birth in Iraq.
Thanks for the quick response, might worth mentioning it's second passport application as the first one was for my son approved Nov 2015, will that not make it a bit easier , need to go to UK for work and renew my British passport which is already expired, do u advice,please?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Maryoma
Thanks for the quick response, might worth mentioning it's second passport application as the first one was for my son approved Nov 2015, will that not make it a bit easier , need to go to UK for work and renew my British passport which is already expired, do u advice,please?
If you have previously held a British passport then renewing it won't take as long as a first time application. If it has expired then you will need to renew it from Iraq.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone Im still waiting for my daughters passport it will be a year in 2 weeks time since we applied from Iraq. Had an email late december stating a second interview but still didnt happen anyone experience with that?
Salam,I was invited 27th Dec and that was it,no confirmation been received,security checks not completed yet,I know has to attend second interview and wait, I've been waiting since July 2017.frustrated disappointed.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Consular birth registration is a separate process so the chances are she wasn't registered.

How old is your daughter? Which country is she living in? Does she hold another passport? When did her current British passport expire?
She is 10 years old, currently in school in Colombia but we plan to switch her to school in UK. She holds also American passport, which she received after her UK passport. I am in UK now so just thought maybe a lot easier I apply for it here.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by morpeth
She is 10 years old, currently in school in Colombia but we plan to switch her to school in UK. She holds also American passport, which she received after her UK passport. I am in UK now so just thought maybe a lot easier I apply for it here.
If her expired British passport is with her in Colombia it'll be easier for her mother to make the application for her from there.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Feb 24th 2018, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Lania is an unknown quantity at this point

Instead of getting the second interview they emailed me to say they refused my daughters passport due to temperd papers wich is impossible. What will be the next step for us?
Old Feb 24th 2018, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Instead of getting the second interview they emailed me to say they refused my daughters passport due to temperd papers wich is impossible. What will be the next step for us?
Really disappointing and heart breaking ,couldn't understand the reason, can you clarify it a bit more please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.