Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Dec 27th 2017, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Shoaib28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

My cousin brother has applied for he's first British Passport from Bangladesh with a home office status letter. He's 17 years old.father who was a British citizen is deceased now. The home office status letter status that he's a British citizen. It's been over 4months since he made the application and it's with the examiner. As the father is dead will the ask for any other test? And will the home office status letter help the application? Plz if anyone can help. Thank you
Old Dec 27th 2017, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Lania is an unknown quantity at this point

Today i had an email for a second interview my husband did the first 1 in april any one experience with a second interview?
Old Dec 27th 2017, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
My cousin brother has applied for he's first British Passport from Bangladesh with a home office status letter. He's 17 years old.father who was a British citizen is deceased now. The home office status letter status that he's a British citizen. It's been over 4months since he made the application and it's with the examiner. As the father is dead will the ask for any other test? And will the home office status letter help the application? Plz if anyone can help. Thank you
I’m sure BritinParis (who can explain this in more detail) will be along shortly.

In the meantime, as your cousin has a Home Office Status letter, that probably means there is documentation that he couldn’t provide, but the UK thinks he’s (probably) entitled to British citizenship. The passport application will likely take more time than the average.

4 months isn’t long given that your cousin’s application isn’t straightforward. If more information is required, he’ll be advised of that. Please note that the general advisory on first UK passports from Bangladesh mentions at least 8 months for processing.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...us-letters.pdf

Just as a general remark, it would be better if your cousin signs up and asks his own questions.

Last edited by Shirtback; Dec 27th 2017 at 4:53 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hello thank you for your reply.Yes my cousin is in Bangladesh and he's English is not great.i helped with most of the application.
The home office status letter stated he's a British citizen under section (2 1 a) act 1981.
Yes some docmounts are misplaced as father is deceased.Status letter was done with
1.Father original British citizenship certificate
2. Parents original marriage certificate
3.Original birth certificate.
Just wondering if they will ask for any test as father's dead now?
Has anyone done a first time application with a home office status letter?? Any advice would be great. Thank you
Old Dec 27th 2017, 9:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I’m sure BritinParis (who can explain this in more detail) will be along shortly.

In the meantime, as your cousin has a Home Office Status letter, that probably means there is documentation that he couldn’t provide, but the UK thinks he’s (probably) entitled to British citizenship. The passport application will likely take more time than the average.

4 months isn’t long given that your cousin’s application isn’t straightforward. If more information is required, he’ll be advised of that. Please note that the general advisory on first UK passports from Bangladesh mentions at least 8 months for processing.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...us-letters.pdf

Just as a general remark, it would be better if your cousin signs up and asks his own questions.
Hello thank you for your reply.Yes my cousin is in Bangladesh and he's English is not great.i helped with most of the application.
The home office status letter stated he's a British citizen under section (2 1 a) act 1981.
Yes some docmounts are misplaced as father is deceased.Status letter was done with
1.Father original British citizenship certificate
2. Parents original marriage certificate
3.Original birth certificate.
Just wondering if they will ask for any test as father's dead now?
Has anyone done a first time application with a home office status letter?? Any advice would be great. Thank you
Your cousin's birth in Bangladesh, the fact that his father is deceased and that he has waited until the age of 17 to apply for his first British passport are all factors that will increase the processing time of his application. The Home Office status letter is unlikely to speed things up.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your cousin's birth in Bangladesh, the fact that his father is deceased and that he has waited until the age of 17 to apply for his first British passport are all factors that will increase the processing time of his application. The Home Office status letter is unlikely to speed things up.
Hello thank you for ur reply. Due to family issue he never made a application before.Yes becuse the father is deceased now suden death and passport has been misplaced that's why we had to go the route of the home office status letter. Hmpo did say if we can get a status letter they would is the passport? Yes I we know it's Bangladesh and it takes mini 8months.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 9:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hello thank you for ur reply. Due to family issue he never made a application before.Yes becuse the father is deceased now suden death and passport has been misplaced that's why we had to go the route of the home office status letter. Hmpo did say if we can get a status letter they would is the passport? Yes I we know it's Bangladesh and it takes mini 8months.
The delay will be in confirming your cousin's identity rather than his claim to British citizenship. I would expect a wait of 12 months. Any earlier would be a bonus.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Has anyone been issued a passport with a home office status letter befoe?
Do you think they will call him for a interview?
Or is the still a chance the will reject has application 4months on? Any help would be great. Thanx
Old Dec 27th 2017, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Has anyone been issued a passport with a home office status letter befoe?
Do you think they will call him for a interview?
Or is the still a chance the will reject has application 4months on? Any help would be great. Thanx
Ok thank you for your reply. All he's docmounts are original they only thing missing is father's passport. But from your experience do you know anyone to receive a passport with a home office status letter??
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Happy New year guys.
Hey just emailed hmpo asked if they have done the overseas checks?
Reply:
Unfortunately we are unable to comment on the exact stage of the checks the application is at.
This is due to the security surrounding the process.�

All they say it's with the eximner for last 18 weeks no other process.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New year guys.
Hey just emailed hmpo asked if they have done the overseas checks?
Reply:
Unfortunately we are unable to comment on the exact stage of the checks the application is at.
This is due to the security surrounding the process.�

All they say it's with the eximner for last 18 weeks no other process.
This is ENTIRELY normal. Did you read BiP’s & my replies upthread saying that this will take time?

I highly doubt that your cousin will get any news/updates before minimum 8 - 12 months ( from application time). He will hear if/when there’s a problem, or if/when more information is needed.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ok just sharing my experience thats all. Sorry if any harm done by me posting my story.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 9:18 am
Just Joined

roseky is an unknown quantity at this point

So does anyone actually know what 'going through the examination process' means?
Application was received on October 24th (12 weeks ago), interview was on December 21 (4 weeks ago). As far as I know it's a straightforward application, sent plenty of supporting documents.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by roseky
So does anyone actually know what 'going through the examination process' means?
Application was received on October 24th (12 weeks ago), interview was on December 21 (4 weeks ago). As far as I know it's a straightforward application, sent plenty of supporting documents.
Uganda is a Group 3 country, meaning it is at a high risk of fraud. Some Group 3 countries will take three months to process, others six to twelve months. HMPO quote at least twelve weeks. That you have had an interview already is a good sign but there has been the Christmas break in between then and now. There's nothing you can do other than be patient.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hello everyone.
So 6month on since my cousin made he's first British Passport application from Bangladesh still waiting for some sort off news.
Only reply we get from hmpo is the application is going through the exmation process.
Anyone else had the same experience??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.