Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Aug 24th 2017, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Zainy11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

After nearly 10 months of waiting finally I got good news. Passport printed and dispatched. Now back to UK.
Here is my timeline
Sent application - Nov 1st 2016
Requested further documents - Dec 2016
Sent to New Delhi for security checks - Jan 2017
Further documents requested - Feb 2017
Examination process April 2017
Interview - 25th July 2017
Sent to liver pool processing on same day.
Requested further documents again - 18th August 2017
Passport printed - 22nd August 2017
Passport dispatched - 24th August 2017

They say estimated delivery date for passport and supporting documents to come to Srilanka - 28th August 2017
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Ahmadwaqas is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

We applied for our daughter's passport from Pakistan in February this year. Submitted all additional documents required in March, interview was carried out on 3rd May and we were told that oir case is very straightforward so passport should be with you in 3 to 4 weeks. It's been over 3 months now and we're still waiting.
Anyone knows or got any guess how long would it be?
I've called the passport helpline multiple times and getting the same stereotypical response.
Old Aug 26th 2017, 9:00 am
Just Joined

gene77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kam1986
Hello everyone

I gave birth to a baby boy in Ghana and applied for his passport in August 2016. I had an interview in November and received an email in December asking for another version of my son's birth certificate to complete my application, I only sent his hospital one with the application.

I have two questions if anybody could answer I would be grateful. Firstly what is the next stage after completion of the application and secondly my British passport expires on 18th January. I need to travel back to the UK. Can I travel on a expired passport?
HI KAM,
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE SORT OF VERSION OF THE BIRTH CERT THAT WAS NEEDED. I HAD TWO WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS REGISTERED. A SMALL ONE AND A BIGGER ONE. I HAVE SENT ONLY THE BIG ONE AND NOW AM NOT SURE IF ITS THE RIGHT ONE NEEDED.

GENE
Old Aug 26th 2017, 9:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gene77
HI KAM,
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE SORT OF VERSION OF THE BIRTH CERT THAT WAS NEEDED. I HAD TWO WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS REGISTERED. A SMALL ONE AND A BIGGER ONE. I HAVE SENT ONLY THE BIG ONE AND NOW AM NOT SURE IF ITS THE RIGHT ONE NEEDED.

GENE
I would think that would be correct but not 100%.

I'm replying to you to advise that typing in capital letters is deemed to be shouting and asking that you don't
Old Aug 26th 2017, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Zainy11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zainy11
After nearly 10 months of waiting finally I got good news. Passport printed and dispatched. Now back to UK.
Here is my timeline
Sent application - Nov 1st 2016
Requested further documents - Dec 2016
Sent to New Delhi for security checks - Jan 2017
Further documents requested - Feb 2017
Examination process April 2017
Interview - 25th July 2017
Sent to liver pool processing on same day.
Requested further documents again - 18th August 2017
Passport printed - 22nd August 2017
Passport dispatched - 24th August 2017

They say estimated delivery date for passport and supporting documents to come to Srilanka - 28th August 2017
Got the passport in hand. Estimated delivery date was on the 28th and got it on the 26th...
Old Aug 28th 2017, 11:08 am
Just Joined

TheOmen is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a British national who has had a baby with someone in Cambodia.

Am I able to fly back to the UK with the baby's birth certificate, my passport and my birth certificate to attend a fast track passport application if I have an address in the UK?

The baby would have to remain in Cambodia whilst I completed this obviously.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 12:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheOmen
I'm a British national who has had a baby with someone in Cambodia.

Am I able to fly back to the UK with the baby's birth certificate, my passport and my birth certificate to attend a fast track passport application if I have an address in the UK?

The baby would have to remain in Cambodia whilst I completed this obviously.
There would no advantage in doing so as it wouldn't speed up the process and would be liable to cause more rather than fewer headaches.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

TheOmen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There would no advantage in doing so as it wouldn't speed up the process and would be liable to cause more rather than fewer headaches.
The passport waiting time here is 18+ weeks. Someone I have spoken to went back to the UK to apply and had the passport within 3 days.

I just don't see how he met the requirements. Can you apply for a passport in the UK whilst the child is abroad?
Old Aug 28th 2017, 1:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The passport waiting time here is 18+ weeks. Someone I have spoken to went back to the UK to apply and had the passport within 3 days.

I just don't see how he met the requirements. Can you apply for a passport in the UK whilst the child is abroad?
A first time application for a child born in Cambodia will need to go under the same security checking process whether the application is lodged from Cambodia or the UK.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:38 am
Just Joined

bbaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I called for intreview next week. It's need to bring my daughter with me for interview or it will be with me only?

Any one know the questions they will ask?

Last edited by bbaa; Sep 5th 2017 at 8:51 am.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bbaa
Hi
I called for intreview next week. It's need to bring my daughter with me for interview or it will be with me only?

Any one know the questions they will ask?
What country?
Old Sep 5th 2017, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

The 3 day application by whoever you spoke to sounds far fetched but mine was the same (from within China) not including interview and logisitcs time.

Is your name on the birth certificate? You can speed it up by supplying as much documented evidence as possible. Include photos of you and the mum and kid, any neo-natel documents with your name on, include things like your national insurance number and any other government issued stuff (not required but anything proving who you are that any fraudulent applicant may not know).
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

squall26 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied first child UK passport for my daughter(2.5 years old) from Los Angeles, USA.

Here is the timeline:
• Submitted online application - August 17, 2017
• Sent application documents to HM passport office - August 29, 2017 (Delivered August 31)
• Passport dispatched - September 7, 2017

Estimated delivery is Friday, September 8, 2017.

Last edited by squall26; Sep 7th 2017 at 7:38 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Lania is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody here ecperience with applying from Iraq? Been waiting 6 months now any tips on getting an accurate update or help?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

walmer88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did a FOI request to the passport office asking a number of questions about getting a first time childs passport from the Philippines. didn't actually use my real name or details just incase surprisingly they actually answered fully and i noted the most important fact just 1 staff member in bangkok !

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST
Thank you for your email of 15 August, in which you ask for information on processing
children’s applications from the Philippines.
Your request has been handled as a request for information under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 (FOI Act).
1.Current average length of time for processing a child's first british passport from
the Philippines.
The average length of time to process a child’s first UK passport application where the
child is resident in the Philippines is 152 working days*. This figure is based on data from
1 September 2016 to 31 August 2017.

2. What organisations in the Philippines do the passport office use to check
parental documents on the filipino side for said passport.
Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HM Passport Office) verifies documents with the Philippine
Statistics Authority.

3. how many staff are processing documents at the passport office in bangkok and
why is it so inefficient in lengths of time to process application documents.

While HM Passport Office currently has one member of staff based in Bangkok, passport
applications from the Philippines are processed by a number of teams within HM Passport
Office and are not the sole responsibility of staff based in Bangkok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.