Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Feb 3rd 2017, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

nagamurali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

thankyou for ur reply

I thought to move back to uk ..but now changed mind some more time wnat to live in inida only, thats why.

and at same time

I have a thought that I will leave this decision to my son when he gets maturity, which passport does he want

am i right or not ..pls advice
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nagamurali
thankyou for ur reply

I thought to move back to uk ..but now changed mind some more time wnat to live in inida only, thats why.

and at same time

I have a thought that I will leave this decision to my son when he gets maturity, which passport does he want

am i right or not ..pls advice
Given that obtaining a British passport would mean your son would lose his Indian citizenship then it's a sensible approach if there's no immediate intent to move to the UK. I would however recommend consular birth registration instead which will make the passport application easier if your son does decide to pursue it later in life.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
How old is your daughter? When did her passport expire? Are you intending to renew her passport by post or in person?
She is 9 but not present in UK at present. Was thinking of doing via a quick passport service, or if not have her visit next year.

I get impression if we do by post from where she is at it will take much longer and maybe require a lot more paperwork since she was born abroad.

When she was born my wife just took her to consulate and returned a few days later and she received her British passport- all that was presented was notarized letter form me, copy of my British passport, my original birth certificate and my daughter's, and I signed the application for passport. I don't remember if there was any sort of "consular birth registration".
Old Feb 4th 2017, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

nagamurali is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank u

Already done tht counsler birth registration .. after tht only appliedfor this.. passport .

Have a small doubt my son can aply anytime in his life time r ther is any particular age before need to apply for his passport
Old Feb 16th 2017, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

LilyMay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Though this is my first post here, I have been following this forum for many months before I started my son's overseas British passport application. It's interesting and relieving to know other people's experiences for their children passports application. Also, I got many invaluable information from this forum as I'm applying spouse visa after getting my son's passport.

I'm a Burmese (Myanmar national) and married to a British citizen. My son was born in Burma. My application from Yangon VFS global reached to Liverpool office on Nov 11, 2016 and so it's in 14 weeks now. I got an email from HMPO on Nov 22 saying they have done UK checks and my application is with their oversea team. Since then no update. I wonder anybody here knows approximate timeline or something about applications from Burma. I'd be happy to hear something from experts here.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Fernatom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone ,

I have also been following this thread for a while as I am waiting for my daughter
Overseas passport to be done , I am a British national and my wife and daughter are in Morocco , I have completed the interview stage in London Victoria and it went well I believe. I showed them prove I support them and family photos ect
I have now been waiting for 4 weeks and when I call up passport advise line
It's still in examination today is the 4th week since the interview.
And I called passport office and they saying it looks as if it progressing further
And looks as if there scanning documents ? I have read here a lot that
They ask for DNA tests , any one going through similar experience and have
Any thing they can share from past experiences .

Many thanks
Tom
Old Feb 16th 2017, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Blusky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fernatom
Hello everyone ,

I have also been following this thread for a while as I am waiting for my daughter
Overseas passport to be done , I am a British national and my wife and daughter are in Morocco , I have completed the interview stage in London Victoria and it went well I believe. I showed them prove I support them and family photos ect
I have now been waiting for 4 weeks and when I call up passport advise line
It's still in examination today is the 4th week since the interview.
And I called passport office and they saying it looks as if it progressing further
And looks as if there scanning documents ? I have read here a lot that
They ask for DNA tests , any one going through similar experience and have
Any thing they can share from past experiences .

Many thanks
Tom
Hello
My case is the same I gave interview on the 19th and they said that we need DNA test.on 23 they said that I will receive an email with all the details on how to give the DNA test so it's been nearly 3 weeks since that email. I call the helpline many times, it's all the same answers. They said they will put a note for the examiner to get in contact with me about it but still nothing.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blusky
Hello
My case is the same I gave interview on the 19th and they said that we need DNA test.on 23 they said that I will receive an email with all the details on how to give the DNA test so it's been nearly 3 weeks since that email. I call the helpline many times, it's all the same answers. They said they will put a note for the examiner to get in contact with me about it but still nothing.

Sorry to hear your in the same boat , the only difference they haven't asked
Me to provide a DNA test , (yet) I really hate the waiting and I'm. It sure
If they will ask me for a DNA test as been 4 weeks ?
I will keep an update on my progress as i think I will find out soon .
I hope .
Old Feb 16th 2017, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

A kindly reminder, which is NOT directed at anyone in particular who is posting here:

- If child is born/resident outside the UK, the gov.uk "estimated" times for passport deliverance can often be largely over optimistic, depending on country. If one reads carefully, the "official" guidance always carefully notes "at least" before time scales given.

- If a DNA test is required, one will be officially notified, & given the details necessary for what is required.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone ,

Overseas passport to be done (...) I showed them prove I support them and family photos(...)
This is not a requirement for a British passport application.

Originally Posted by Blusky
Hello
Re "helpline": you do realise that the "helpline" is at worst an outsourced customor service centre where the people you speak to on the phone have no access to your file, & at best a CS agent employed to take messages who has no access to your file? And none of them have any authority to discuss or advise on your file/application.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Shirtback
This is not a requirement for a British passport application.

Re "helpline": you do realise that the "helpline" is at worst an outsourced customor service centre where the people you speak to on the phone have no access to your file, & at best a CS agent employed to take messages who has no access to your file? And none of them have any authority to discuss or advise on your file/application.
No to be honest when you call up and it says welcome to the Her majesty's
Passport office line and to press 2 for information about you application
Already submitted , I kind of had confidence I would be speaking to Somone who knows What they are talking about , they do keep saying application is still in
examination . I am still under the impression as it's been more than 4 weeks
Since the interview that it had gone to the final stages of the processing the passport , but from what I hear on here sounds like I am mistaken .

I do appreciate you advise it is most helpful .

Many thanks
Tom
Old Feb 17th 2017, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Today I had good news my daughters overseas passport has been Printed , hasn't yet been sent out for issue. They said will be sent in the next few Days and will be sent to Morocco for collection in Rabat

So relieved and happy .

Tom.

Last edited by Fernatom; Feb 17th 2017 at 5:56 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Blusky is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I had good news my daughters overseas passport has been Printed , hasn't yet been sent out for issue. They said will be sent in the next few Days and will be sent to Morocco for collection in Rabat

So relieved and happy .

Tom.
Congrats that's a good news 😁
I hope we will hear some good news soon aswell 😔
Old Feb 18th 2017, 5:00 am
Just Joined

Ganon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Recently I applied for my son's passport from Hong Kong (he was born in HK) and the Liverpool office passed my son's application to New Delhi Office in India. They in turn have asked for a bunch of documents.
My question is, since I am already a British Citizen (otherwise than by descent), should they not just issue my son a passport (since he automatically qualifies as a British Citizen?). Should it not be a straightforward process instead of all the additional checking or am I too naive to think so.

Some back ground information:
I am a son of Nepali Ex-British Gurkha soldier currently residing in HK as I was born here (I did grow up in Nepal but returned to HK 6 years ago).
I got a British National Overseas initially but became a Naturalised British Citizen and obtained my British Passport in 2012.
I was married in 2010 to a Nepali girl and my son was born in 2012.
Best regards
Ganon.

Last edited by Ganon; Feb 18th 2017 at 6:03 am. Reason: I think that my initial writing was not clear or to the point.
Old Feb 18th 2017, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ganon
Hi,
Recently I applied for my son's passport from Hong Kong (he was born in HK) and the Liverpool office passed my son's application to New Delhi Office in India. They in turn have asked for a bunch of documents.
My question is, since I am already a British Citizen (otherwise than by descent), should they not just issue my son a passport (since he automatically qualifies as a British Citizen?). Should it not be a straightforward process instead of all the additional checking or am I too naive to think so.

Some back ground information:
I am a son of Nepali Ex-British Gurkha soldier currently residing in HK as I was born here (I did grow up in Nepal but returned to HK 6 years ago).
I got a British National Overseas initially but became a Naturalised British Citizen and obtained my British Passport in 2012.
I was married in 2010 to a Nepali girl and my son was born in 2012.
Best regards
Ganon.
Unfortunately, yes, your thoughts are naive on how the process works/should work. Sorry .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.