Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:26 am
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by ces mendoza
Please help us.. approximately how many months before they aproved the passport from bangkok... bec. We got email our daughter papers is in bangkok since oct. Untill now they dont give us any update.. any one can help how we can contact the passport in bangkok office. Or are we aloud to contact them? Thanks for your help.
It depends on your circumstances. When was the application forwarded for overseas checks?
Old Dec 14th 2016, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

ces mendoza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marty90
It depends on your circumstances. When was the application forwarded for overseas checks?
They say october when they forwarded for overseas check. I dont really understand why they take to long for for overseas check. Thanks for the reply..
Old Dec 14th 2016, 4:43 pm
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute

They say october when they forwarded for overseas check. I dont really understand why they take to long for for overseas check. Thanks for the reply..
The purpose of overseas security checks is to verify that the documents you submit are authentic. This process involves contacting various foreign government departments and agencies to check that the documents that you have sent match the records that they hold.

You say that your application went into this checking process in October. I'm not going to try and make it sound better than it is - you probably have a long wait ahead of you. Personally, I was waiting about a year for the checks to complete for my son's application. I feel your pain, but the best thing you can do is just be patient and let them get on with it.

If they ask you for further information, give it them immediately if possible to avoid further delays.

I can't give you an exact date as to when the overseas checks will be completed because your documents may need extra checks and your situation may be drastically different to mine. From what I have read on other forums, the whole application process can usually take between 9 and 16 months in total for an applicant applying from a "high-risk-of-fraud" country. It can be less, it can be more.

If you want to check the status of your application, give the Liverpool office a call no more than once a month. Don't try and push them for more information - they literally only have a very basic dashboard to operate from. They will see what stage the application is at and if they have asked you for more documents. They can't give any timescales.

My advice is - just wait. It's tough I know. But trust me, you will get there in the end!
Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

HongKongChap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Were you registered as a British citizen under Section 4B of the British Nationality Act 1981 by any chance?
Dear Sir
Thank you for your reply. Well I am registered through the British Nationality Act 1981 Section 4B. Well to be honest, I know many individuals who are still getting their passports delivered who are registered through the same act as mine. There are also individuals who are registered by 1997 Section 1(1) and have waited 3-4 years for the passport now.

Can you please kindly explain me? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HongKongChap
Dear Sir
Thank you for your reply. Well I am registered through the British Nationality Act 1981 Section 4B. Well to be honest, I know many individuals who are still getting their passports delivered who are registered through the same act as mine. There are also individuals who are registered by 1997 Section 1(1) and have waited 3-4 years for the passport now.

Can you please kindly explain me? Thanks in advance.
Section 4B doesn't permit you to be registered as a British citizen if you renounced your previous citizenship (Pakistani?). If you did so then you shouldn't have been able to register as a British citizen which is what HMPO is concerned about now.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

HongKongChap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Section 4B doesn't permit you to be registered as a British citizen if you renounced your previous citizenship (Pakistani?). If you did so then you shouldn't have been able to register as a British citizen which is what HMPO is concerned about now.
Thank you for your reply. The problem is the country that I belong to doesn't permit dual citizenship. The home office from U.K. sent me an email first to get a letter from the home office my previous country that my previous citizenship was issued in error. When I went to get that paper from them, my previous passport and citizenship was revoked. Now, it's the home office in U.K. who set the stage for the revoking and renouncement of my previous citizenship and passport. How can I deal with this?? Can you please guide me in this mess??
Old Dec 15th 2016, 9:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HongKongChap
Thank you for your reply. The problem is the country that I belong to doesn't permit dual citizenship. The home office from U.K. sent me an email first to get a letter from the home office my previous country that my previous citizenship was issued in error. When I went to get that paper from them, my previous passport and citizenship was revoked. Now, it's the home office in U.K. who set the stage for the revoking and renouncement of my previous citizenship and passport. How can I deal with this?? Can you please guide me in this mess??
Which other citizenship are we talking about and how did you acquire it? By descent through your father?
Old Dec 19th 2016, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Marty90
The purpose of overseas security checks is to verify that the documents you submit are authentic. This process involves contacting various foreign government departments and agencies to check that the documents that you have sent match the records that they hold.

You say that your application went into this checking process in October. I'm not going to try and make it sound better than it is - you probably have a long wait ahead of you. Personally, I was waiting about a year for the checks to complete for my son's application. I feel your pain, but the best thing you can do is just be patient and let them get on with it.

If they ask you for further information, give it them immediately if possible to avoid further delays.

I can't give you an exact date as to when the overseas checks will be completed because your documents may need extra checks and your situation may be drastically different to mine. From what I have read on other forums, the whole application process can usually take between 9 and 16 months in total for an applicant applying from a "high-risk-of-fraud" country. It can be less, it can be more.

If you want to check the status of your application, give the Liverpool office a call no more than once a month. Don't try and push them for more information - they literally only have a very basic dashboard to operate from. They will see what stage the application is at and if they have asked you for more documents. They can't give any timescales.

My advice is - just wait. It's tough I know. But trust me, you will get there in the end!
Thank you for reply.. our situation is different.. me and my husband both british and we leave in uk.. baby conception in uk and accidentally give birth earlier in the Philips while we are on holiday... we prove the evidence that the baby is conception in uk and we have all doctors appointment scan in uk hospital.. im really upset and in patience.. they take too long to for overseas check.. thank you again
Old Dec 19th 2016, 1:20 pm
Work the problem

Thank you for reply.. our situation is different.. me and my husband both british and we leave in uk.. baby conception in uk and accidentally give birth earlier in the Philips while we are on holiday... we prove the evidence that the baby is conception in uk and we have all doctors appointment scan in uk hospital.. im really upset and in patience.. they take too long to for overseas check.. thank you again
There will be less documents to check because of your situation. However, HMPO will still need to verify that your child's Philippines birth certificate is genuine. This may still take some time. However, I doubt you will be waiting as long as I was! Stay patient. If all goes well, you should get the passport in a few weeks time. Just keep a look out for any Emails from
HMPO in case they need more information.
Old Dec 20th 2016, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find that where the baby was conceived is irrelevant.
Old Dec 20th 2016, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

nagamurali is an unknown quantity at this point

i did tht ..on next day got mail saying acceptable doent need any other documents ..from now how long it takes to get my son;s passport do u have any idea

thankyou for ur advice ..godbless u
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Hello thank you so much for all your reply and help.. we got email from loverpool we will recieve the passport after 10 working days...we dont do interview.. anyway goodluck to everyone hope you got your passport soon... godblee
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

hey ces mendoza

when did u applied ..
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 3:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nagamurali
hey ces mendoza

when did u applied ..
May 2016
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

just now i got revived saying to attend interview on feb 8th and only for me to attend ..video live interview

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.