Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 10:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by nagamurali
hi
BritInParis

today i got mail from liverpool saying need mothers birth certificate ..but in india who ever they born before 1989 they dont dont have birth certificates ..for tht alreday i was submitted educational certificates and passport as well still they asking wht to do ..

thankyou
You can't provide what you don't have. You'll need just need to write a reply explaining the situation.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:56 am
Just Joined

gorsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zhaman
Has anyone applied passports for there children living in Pakistan? Please can some one tell me how long it can take to get a British passport
i applied for my sons first british passport from gerrys islamabad in october 2015. still no answer.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 11:17 am
Just Joined

ces mendoza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello how long will it takes from bangkok to check the examiner the papers.. and after bangkok what is nxt step please help us.. godbless
Old Dec 4th 2016, 9:45 pm
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ces mendoza
Hello how long will it takes from bangkok to check the examiner the papers.. and after bangkok what is nxt step please help us.. godbless
Usually many months I am afraid. I have personal experience of this. Everyone's situation is different though.

The step after security checks in Bangkok is that the application goes back to Liverpool to be printed (assuming everything is OK). You may be asked to provide more recent passport-sized photos due to the extensive processing times involved.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Marty90
Usually many months I am afraid. I have personal experience of this. Everyone's situation is different though.

The step after security checks in Bangkok is that the application goes back to Liverpool to be printed (assuming everything is OK). You may be asked to provide more recent passport-sized photos due to the extensive processing times involved.
Thank you for the reply.. really appreciated.. they said uk Liverpool check done. Then they say they forward to bangkok for identification security check again. So it mean it wil take time again cos we waiting for nearly 8 months now.. do you think we need to contact the passport office in bangkok? Thanks for reply again..
Old Dec 5th 2016, 11:34 am
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the reply.. really appreciated.. they said uk Liverpool check done. Then they say they forward to bangkok for identification security check again. So it mean it wil take time again cos we waiting for nearly 8 months now.. do you think we need to contact the passport office in bangkok? Thanks for reply again..
Do not contact the Bangkok processing centre unless they request information from you. They are the office that will check the authenticity of any overseas documents that you have submitted. I can only share my experience, but my son's application was in overseas checks for roughly a year. Which country are you applying from?
Old Dec 5th 2016, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

HongKongChap is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been a long wait to receive my passport from the HMPO. I haven't received my British passport yet. Security checks completed by New Delhi, passport interview at Hong Kong Bristish Consulate done. Every check was done and completed and now the HMPO says that they would like to ask the UKVI that I may have been a citizen of another country while I was registered as a British Citizen.

Actually I had to renounce my previous citizenship and passport in the process of acquiring a British Citizen. Can anyone guide me how to contact the UKBA? And can anyone put a light on my case what it is going through?

Expert advice needed please
Old Dec 5th 2016, 2:12 pm
Work the problem

Originally Posted by HongKongChap
It's been a long wait to receive my passport from the HMPO. I haven't received my British passport yet. Security checks completed by New Delhi, passport interview at Hong Kong Bristish Consulate done. Every check was done and completed and now the HMPO says that they would like to ask the UKVI that I may have been a citizen of another country while I was registered as a British Citizen.

Actually I had to renounce my previous citizenship and passport in the process of acquiring a British Citizen. Can anyone guide me how to contact the UKBA? And can anyone put a light on my case what it is going through?

You say you already have British Citizenship. Surely you have documentation to prove this? And surely this would have been checked during the security checks. That is all that is needed to get a UK passport. It doesn't matter to HMPO whether you hold dual citizenship or not.

I assume that you are a citizen of a country that does not accept dual citizenship?
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Do not contact the Bangkok processing centre unless they request information from you. They are the office that will check the authenticity of any overseas documents that you have submitted. I can only share my experience, but my son's application was in overseas checks for roughly a year. Which country are you applying from?
We applying from philippines but both of us we leave in uk. How about the interview do we need to go for appearance or they will do interview thougth phone.thanks again
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:47 pm
Work the problem

We applying from philippines but both of us we leave in uk. How about the interview do we need to go for appearance or they will do interview thougth phone.thanks again
I also applied from the Philippines for my son's passport. My wife did not need an interview. Interviews are conducted in person I believe. You may not need one. It depends on how complex your application is.

I have written a detailed review of the application process from my perspective. You can read it here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...rience-887531/

I hope this will help answer some of your questions.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 11:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HongKongChap

Were you registered as a British citizen under Section 4B of the British Nationality Act 1981 by any chance?
Old Dec 6th 2016, 8:13 am
Just Joined

I also applied from the Philippines for my son's passport. My wife did not need an interview. Interviews are conducted in person I believe. You may not need one. It depends on how complex your application is.

I have written a detailed review of the application process from my perspective. You can read it here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...rience-887531/

I hope this will help answer some of your questions.
Thank you so much really appreciated your message.. our baby conception in uk. Me and my husband are british we married in the philippines we submitted everything they ask. The examiner send us a update that our application is longtime they sitting in bangkok so they will do some investigation.. MP is helping us as well but still the same... thank you very much.for yout help..
Old Dec 10th 2016, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Knight007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Standard questions about yourself, your child and the other parent. When and where they were born, how did you meet your other half, how long have you been married, etc.. Nothing too taxing. Providing your answers are satisfactory then the passport should be forthcoming soon afterwards.
Many thanks BritInParis, we have received the passport and appreciate your help and advice also wishing a goodluck to everyone who still waiting
Old Dec 10th 2016, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Knight007
Many thanks BritInParis, we have received the passport and appreciate your help and advice also wishing a goodluck to everyone who still waiting
Glad to hear it!
Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Please help us.. approximately how many months before they aproved the passport from bangkok... bec. We got email our daughter papers is in bangkok since oct. Untill now they dont give us any update.. any one can help how we can contact the passport in bangkok office. Or are we aloud to contact them? Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.