Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 13th 2016, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Davsto911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

PS..This is not arrogance,it's common sense.If you allow complacency you get complacency.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davsto911
PS..This is not arrogance,it's common sense.If you allow complacency you get complacency.
Common sense would be not to have your kids in third world HRC crountries and expect a first world experience for service.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Davsto911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tr1boy...I'll file that bit of advice where it belongs.My wife got pregnant whilst I was working in Saudi and as the UK do not welcome medical tourists my best option, dare I say common sense option, was her hometown in PH.Also I accept I will not get first world service in PH but the service I am using is HMPO in Liverpool as it now handles all UK passport enquiries.Britain still 1st world when I last checked?????
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Tr1boy...I'll file that bit of advice where it belongs.My wife got pregnant w.Britain still 1st world when I last checked?????
Depends who you talk to.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 9:26 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If the Philippine side of the operation is being allowed by Bangkok to cause a bottleneck then Bangkok should use their Philippine counterparts to raise concerns in the right places.Ive lived here7 years and a phonecall to the right people gets results.I do not mean just my case but the hundreds of applications taking as long as 15 months.Somebody needs to rattle someones cage and track down the persons accountable for the poor service levels.
Again I would reiterate that the HMPO are lucky that the Philippine authorities are cooperating at all. What's in it for them to go any faster?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

loveforever is an unknown quantity at this point

Does any one applied from Iraq, my son application still in Amman Jordan for document checks ,still waiting to be called for an interview ,it is frustrating as i have plan to move back to UK as soon as my son passport issued
Old Jun 16th 2016, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

KwiBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my experience on this forum to help others.

I am a naturalized British. I have got dual nationality (Pakistan and British) and wife has got only Pakistan nationality (she never been to the UK). We are resident of Kuwait for the last few months as I have got a job here.

I submitted my newly born child British passport online application from Kuwait on 1 June 2016 and sent the documents to Liverpool office on the same day. Following are the documents I submitted with my application:

- Completed online application form (all the pages) (My form was signed by a naturalized British who is residing in Kuwait for more than 10 years - He completed the reference section in his own writing)
- First page of my British passport (ordinary copy)
- First page of my wife's Pakistani passport (ordinary copy)
- Marriage certificate issued by concerned authority (NADRA) in Pakistan (original which was certified by ministry of foreign affairs in Pakistan, Kuwait embassy in Pakistan and ministry of foreign affairs in Kuwait)
- My naturalization certificate (original)
- Child birth certificate (original which is in Arabic - certified by Kuwait ministry of foreign affairs)
- English translation of birth certificate (original which was translated and certified by a British recognized translator in Kuwait) - see https://www.gov.uk/government/public...anslators-list

I realized afterwards that I should have submitted the following documents as well:

- My original British passport
- My wife's original Pakistani passport
- Proof of my employment / residence in Kuwait such as rent agreement / employment letter (to ascertain that I am residing in Kuwait)
- Copy of my / wife's Kuwait resident card

I was worried that my application would be rejected / delayed and the passport office would ask for the above documents along with a list of other information. Of course I was also expecting an interview etc.

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday (15 June 2016) when I saw the status of my online application has changed to 'Dispatched'. I have read a few online reviews which indicate that 'Dispatched' status means dispatch of the passport. I hope this is the case and I receive my child's passport soon along with the original documents.

Hope this information will help some of the expats to understand the process, particularly those who reside in GCC.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 11:54 am
Just Joined

loveforever is an unknown quantity at this point

hello KwiBrit, you mentioned that you have submitted the application online , but as far as i know that all oversea birth passport application should be submitted by post( hard copy of the application form along with all required supporting document from anywhere in the world to Durham and please could please inform as how did tracked your passport application
Old Jun 17th 2016, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Please visit the following websites:
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...g/child/kuwait

https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/

I completed the passport application online and made the payment through credit card. Then I had to print the one page declaration which needed to be signed by me and the countersignatory along with the countersignatory details. The online form was also printed with the declaration so the countersignatory could check the submitted information before signing. The form is not required to be sent to the Liverpool office. I, though, couriered the signed declaration and the printed form just in case ....

At the end of the online application, you have to enter an email address and password to create your online account which is valid for 3 days, in case you have only saved the online application and not submitted at that time. You receive the user id in an email. You can login to your account using the user id and the password going on the following website. Once you have submitted your online application (i.e. paid for your application) your account remains valid for I don't know how many days but you can log in to your account and check status of your application.

https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc

May be the passport application process is different for children born in other countries.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by KwiBrit; Jun 17th 2016 at 9:24 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Jacejaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just reached the 12 month point in my daughter's first passport application via Liverpool office.She was born in The Philippines.I am a British expat married to Filipina.Whilst I can understand the need for due process in checking my paperwork 1 year is an insult.I even took my application by hand with all the required documents incuding her school records and photos from birth.
When tackled on the delay they respond with a generic "under process"So get ready for a long haul.
My kids application will be 6 months this 28th of june.same case I am a flipina and my husband is british citizen. I thought before it will just take 14 weeks.. I never expect that will take this long. So depressing for parents and for the kids
Old Jun 19th 2016, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Final update:

I got a call from DHL yesterday (18 June 2016) and they asked me directions to my address. This morning (19 June 2016) I got two packets from DHL. I got my original documents back in one packet and the passport of my child in the second packet. .

So from the day I submitted and dispatched the passport application to the receipt of the passport, it took around 18 days.
Old Jun 19th 2016, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Jacejaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KwiBrit
Final update:

I got a call from DHL yesterday (18 June 2016) and they asked me directions to my address. This morning (19 June 2016) I got two packets from DHL. I got my original documents back in one packet and the passport of my child in the second packet. .

So from the day I submitted and dispatched the passport application to the receipt of the passport, it took around 18 days.
From where did you apply?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 12:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jacejaz
From where did you apply?
My child was born in Kuwait and I applied from Kuwait.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Ambrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KwiBrit
Final update:

Hi any idea on how to track the passport delivery?
Old Jun 21st 2016, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ambrin
Hi any idea on how to track the passport delivery?
Hey, based on my experience, from the day the status of the online passport application has changed to 'Dispatched', I would expect DHL to contact you within two to three days for delivery of the passport.

You cannot track delivery of the passport unless DHL calls you and give you the tracking number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.