Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 1st 2016, 9:26 am
Just Joined

xerex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

What is overseas security checks?? Its been 10 months since i had passport interview and, yet, when i enquire abt my application status, i receive the same old reply. Does anyone know approaximately how long do i have to wait??
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Ambrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by B2K420
Hello all,
Just an update, last week I just lost it I then sent letter(**complaint) via e-mail to below people.
  • Mr Philip Barton CMG OBE: British High Commissioner to Pakistan (based at Islamabad)
    E-mail: [email protected], Twitter: @PhilipRBarton, Tel: +92 51 201 2129/2127, Echo: 405 2101/2127
    E-mail sent on: 15-June-2015, Reply received on: 16-June-2015
    He copied in [email protected] in his reply as my good MP has also been chasing HMPO regarding my case.
  • Rt Hon James Brokenshire MP: Minister for Immigration (HMPO)
    E-mail: [email protected], Tel: 020 7219 8400
    E-mail sent on: 14-June-2015, Reply received on: Automated reply received straight away “Emails relating to Home Office, Visa or Passport enquiries will not be replied to. If you are contacting me about my responsibilities as Immigration Minister, you should re-send your email to: [email protected] or call the Home Office on 020 7035 4848.
  • Rt Hon Theresa May MP: Home Secretary
    E-mail: [email protected]
    E-mail sent on: 14-June-2015, Reply received on: Not yet
  • Mr Mark Thompson: Director General of HMPO
    E-mail: [email protected]
    E-mail sent on: 14-June-2015, Reply received from “Liverpool Complaints Team, HMPO, PO Box 767, Southport, PR8 9PW, [email protected]” on 15-June-2015 in response to my e-mail to Mr Mark Thompson.

**Complaint: HMPO Islamabad was refusing to give my wife & son DNA test appointment and were coming up with lame excuses the truth was they give DNA test appointment for a certain day only when they have at least 8 families/applications waiting to be DNA tested.

After the reply from Mr Barton, HMPO Islamabad called my wife and gave an appointment after 47 days, I guess something is better than nothing.HMPO Islamabad said they have no other appointment available before that time.

HMPO received first child Passport application in UK: 19-AUG-2014
DNA Test appointment given to child and mother (Pakistani national): 03-AUG-2015

It will take a week? for the DNA Kits to be delivered to the Lab in UK and the lab shall send the result within 5 weeks to Overseas Enquires Team London and HMPO Islamabad so roughly after 14 months (since receiving the application) HMPO should be in a position to issue the passport.

Hi,

Can you please guide regarding the mp. I have no clue who is he.my husband is a British citizen and I am an Indian.my son was born in India on 29th april 2015 we applied for his British passport through India on 4th may 2015 still haven't received the Passport.can you please guide me with the mp details.

Will be very helpful.thanks in advance.

Regards
ambrin
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 11:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ambrin
Hi,

Can you please guide regarding the mp. I have no clue who is he.my husband is a British citizen and I am an Indian.my son was born in India on 29th april 2015 we applied for his British passport through India on 4th may 2015 still haven't received the Passport.can you please guide me with the mp details.

Regards
ambrin
TheyWorkForYou: Hansard and Official Reports for the UK Parliament, Scottish Parliament, and Northern Ireland Assembly - done right
Old Jun 4th 2016, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot ☺� ����
Old Jun 11th 2016, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Davsto911 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just reached the 12 month point in my daughter's first passport application via Liverpool office.She was born in The Philippines.I am a British expat married to Filipina.Whilst I can understand the need for due process in checking my paperwork 1 year is an insult.I even took my application by hand with all the required documents incuding her school records and photos from birth.
When tackled on the delay they respond with a generic "under process"So get ready for a long haul.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Davsto911
I have just reached the 12 month point in my daughter's first passport application via Liverpool office.She was born in The Philippines.I am a British expat married to Filipina.Whilst I can understand the need for due process in checking my paperwork 1 year is an insult.I even took my application by hand with all the required documents incuding her school records and photos from birth.
When tackled on the delay they respond with a generic "under process"So get ready for a long haul.
I have been waiting for more than 12months also..it's really depressing as my son is missing his daddies love.I hope they give us the passport soon.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 7:53 am
Just Joined

sam201013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ambrin

Which part of India did you apply from ? We have recently applied at vfs hyd and we're hoping to get the passport in the minimum required time as we haves submitted more documents than required . Did you get any email asking for extra documents or any interview conducted yet ?
Originally Posted by Ambrin
Hi,

Regards
ambrin
Old Jun 11th 2016, 9:59 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately this is the price of giving birth in a high risk 'Group 3' country. You're waiting on the local Philippine authorities to do their part rather than HMPO dragging their feet.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Yes but Liverpool outsource the Philippine documentation checks to Bangkok.Ive been dealing with Bangkok direct after I accused Liverpool of gross incompetence. I emailed Bangkok today after another month of waiting and have offered to travel to Thailand and analyse their failing procedures and suggest fixes at my cost.....� ����
Old Jun 11th 2016, 12:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but Liverpool outsource the Philippine documentation checks to Bangkok.Ive been dealing with Bangkok direct after I accused Liverpool of gross incompetence. I emailed Bangkok today after another month of waiting and have offered to travel to Thailand and analyse their failing procedures and suggest fixes at my cost.....� ����
That'll make them process your claim faster
Old Jun 11th 2016, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Time will tell� ����
Old Jun 11th 2016, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Time will tell� ����
Looks like time is doing a pretty good job of doing the telling at the moment
Old Jun 11th 2016, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sam201013
Hi Ambrin

Which part of India did you apply from ? We have recently applied at vfs hyd and we're hoping to get the passport in the minimum required time as we haves submitted more documents than required . Did you get any email asking for extra documents or any interview conducted yet ?

Hi I had applied from Mumbai and yes they did ask for my pregnancy reports and scans this year but that's it no news after that.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 10:28 pm

The British Embassy in Bangkok may be the local point of contact with the Philippine authorities but they can't make them go any faster than they want to. They are lucky that the Philippine authorities are cooperating at all.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 1:52 am
Just Joined

If the Philippine side of the operation is being allowed by Bangkok to cause a bottleneck then Bangkok should use their Philippine counterparts to raise concerns in the right places.Ive lived here7 years and a phonecall to the right people gets results.I do not mean just my case but the hundreds of applications taking as long as 15 months.Somebody needs to rattle someones cage and track down the persons accountable for the poor service levels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.