Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 1st 2019, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Shoaib28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Abdulavalon
​​​​​​Have you had an interview?
no not yet. 21months and 3weeks.
A complaint was made to hmpo, they keep replying with we well ge backt to you in 10 working days. this has bein going on almost 2months now.
we have no idea what to do now?
Old May 24th 2019, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Happyparent is an unknown quantity at this point

Word of encouragement and advice

Childs mother Zimbabwean and never been to Uk

Child father Zimbabwean but naturalised to British Citizen stays in uk

Baby born in Zimbabwe Jan 2019

Applied child passport on grounds of British cotizen by descent

All documentation sent to Durham from Uk in 21 March and received and signed for 22 March - fathers Zimbabwean passport, mothers Zimbabwean passport, parents and childs birth certificates, childs hospital records, photos on child with both parents, mothers proof of accomodation.

2 weeks later first week April email came requesting further documents - more photos and fathers British passport. More photos of parents together before childs birth sent, plus fathers British passport

Week later email came to book interview , chose London

24 April Interview done

26 April parents passports sent back as we requested for them but all sent to Zimbabwe VIsa Application Centre

16 May Childs passport printed in London

20 May childs passports and a separate envelope collected in VAC centre Zimbabwe

total time frame from day one application 1 month 3 weeks sooo roughly 7 weeks total. Fast straight forward and efficient.

Hope our experience helps or encourages someone

Last edited by Happyparent; May 24th 2019 at 11:22 am.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

shadab101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Happyparent
Word of encouragement and advice

Childs mother Zimbabwean and never been to Uk

Child father Zimbabwean but naturalised to British Citizen stays in uk

Baby born in Zimbabwe Jan 2019

Applied child passport on grounds of British cotizen by descent

All documentation sent to Durham from Uk in 21 March and received and signed for 22 March - fathers Zimbabwean passport, mothers Zimbabwean passport, parents and childs birth certificates, childs hospital records, photos on child with both parents, mothers proof of accomodation.

2 weeks later first week April email came requesting further documents - more photos and fathers British passport. More photos of parents together before childs birth sent, plus fathers British passport

Week later email came to book interview , chose London

24 April Interview done

26 April parents passports sent back as we requested for them but all sent to Zimbabwe VIsa Application Centre

16 May Childs passport printed in London

20 May childs passports and a separate envelope collected in VAC centre Zimbabwe

total time frame from day one application 1 month 3 weeks sooo roughly 7 weeks total. Fast straight forward and efficient.

Hope our experience helps or encourages someone
Please tell me what questions they asked in the interview
Old Jun 25th 2019, 3:49 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shadab101

Please tell me what questions they asked in the interview
What questions are asked is different for everybody. They're just questions to confirm and/or clarify any information needed, there won't be anything asked of you that you wouldn't already know. All you have to do is tell the truth and you'll be fine.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

shadab101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
What questions are asked is different for everybody. They're just questions to confirm and/or clarify any information needed, there won't be anything asked of you that you wouldn't already know. All you have to do is tell the truth and you'll be fine.
Thank you for your reply actually my case is similar to you that’s why i ask
Old Jul 5th 2019, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Nkem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,and Good morning Olay90, please how long did it take to be delivered. Got a mail two days ago that my daughter's passport has been issued and would be delivered by courier to her Nigerian Address. I want to know if you were contacted via phone for delivery and which courier service. I am in Lagos Nigeria.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

stuckInOverseas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. I just landed here. We (me & my wife) are both naturalised British citizen and applied for our little daughter's passport from Bangladesh early may this year 2019. So far the application has made good progress, submitted all the documents, had few times communication with HMPO. Interview has completed in UK about 2 weeks ago and desperately looking for the passport as our whole family stuck in Bangladesh. In addition, we provided DNA test as voluntary and though It will help to speed up the process.

Now we have been told that the application is marked completed but it has some check remaining before print the passport. I guess this is foreign country check and they told us they don't know how long this check can take, They are waiting for outcome of this check.

What you guys think?, how long it can take? We are little bit worry about the time length it can take, specially when we have been reading so many bad experience from people applied from this region.

Please let me know your thought about the time it can take from your experience.

Sorry for the long history.

Thank you guys!

Last edited by stuckInOverseas; Jul 20th 2019 at 5:56 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Newuser2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
ok thanks.
hmpo did say today if not happy then to send a written complaint to the Southport address.
not sure if that well make a difference.

I did come cross today a person waiting over 16 months from Bangladesh.
if they where going to refuse the application im sure they would of done it by now.
Hello shoaib did you receive your passport ? ?
Old Feb 18th 2020, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Doxa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nkem
Hi,and Good morning Olay90, please how long did it take to be delivered. Got a mail two days ago that my daughter's passport has been issued and would be delivered by courier to her Nigerian Address. I want to know if you were contacted via phone for delivery and which courier service. I am in Lagos Nigeria.
Dear Nkem ,

Please how long did the application take?
Old Feb 18th 2020, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Doxa is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Lagos , i applied for m 1st adult passport in September, 2019 . I was invited for interview in October. I am yet to hear from the HMPO.. Please can i get an idea of the time frame ,considering its over 4 months since my application went in .
Old Feb 18th 2020, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Wisdom2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Doxa
I live in Lagos , i applied for m 1st adult passport in September, 2019 . I was invited for interview in October. I am yet to hear from the HMPO.. Please can i get an idea of the time frame ,considering its over 4 months since my application went in .
Hi Doxa, I also applied for my child first British passport from Ethiopia some time end of November 2019 and attended interview mid January. I haven't heard anything since then. The web site states that it will, at least, take 12 weeks passport applications from Ethiopia and for me, tomorrow will be 12 weeks. I am just hopping that I will get the passport any time soon. Can you please tell me how long passport applications take from Nigeria according to gov.Uk web site? Thanks.
Old Feb 18th 2020, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

Ibukun is an unknown quantity at this point

It takes 14 weeks for Nigeria according to the site
Originally Posted by Wisdom2
Hi Doxa, I also applied for my child first British passport from Ethiopia some time end of November 2019 and attended interview mid January. I haven't heard anything since then. The web site states that it will, at least, take 12 weeks passport applications from Ethiopia and for me, tomorrow will be 12 weeks. I am just hopping that I will get the passport any time soon. Can you please tell me how long passport applications take from Nigeria according to gov.Uk web site? Thanks.
Old Feb 21st 2020, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ibukun
It takes 14 weeks for Nigeria according to the site
Hi there, just wondering, have contacted HMPO as to why your application is taking this much long? I tried to call them but couldn't get through. I fear that I may also have to get ready for the long wait. Please let's update each other if there is anything new either side. Thanks.
Old Feb 21st 2020, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Ibukun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wisdom2
Hi there, just wondering, have contacted HMPO as to why your application is taking this much long? I tried to call them but couldn't get through. I fear that I may also have to get ready for the long wait. Please let's update each other if there is anything new either side. Thanks.
Yeah I have
They give the same reply that the application is undergoing checks and they will contact me if they need anything.
what about you anything from your end?
Old Feb 21st 2020, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ibukun
Yeah I have
They give the same reply that the application is undergoing checks and they will contact me if they need anything.
what about you anything from your end?
Nothing new from my side. Looking at your time line, I guess It will be a while before I get mine. I don't know how long this security check is taking. It is frustrating to see in this thread people have been waiting, some times, for more than 8 months to get a passport. It may not be any help but I am thinking of writing a complaint next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.