Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Davsto911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Nomad_Bill
Philippine wife, one child born in the Philippines, one in Qatar

Confirmed process started at HMPO Liverpool 12th April. Gov.uk website still states 6 weeks as guidance. Now in August and still waiting .

Formal complaint proceedings have now been started.

Next step Ombudsman.

Congratulations to all those who have their kids passports.

Beware complaining about HMPO very slow procedures.Some take offence and can become difficult. Delaying tactics like requiring more information after they have had the application 12 months.My Philippine application took 14 months even with a Consulate General's affidavit and DNA test costing 1000 pounds plus.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your daughter would only get a consular birth certificate if you had applied for one. See the wiki for more information. Personally speaking I would always recommend getting one despite the initial cost as it is a valuable long-term investment.
Thank you for your information and I think excellent advice.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

CJ2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BritInParis,

Another question. I hope you don't mind. We are in the process of waiting for the decision for the SS route. In case it is another negative, I am looking at different options.

I miscalculated about the 3 years continuous residency. I was in the UK over a 3 year period, but it does not add up to 3 years (May 2001-June 2003). So that route is out.

You had mentioned in an earlier post that a grandparent born in the UK may be a way in too. Both my parents (my sons' maternal grandparents) were born in the UK. How would this work in terms of UK Immigration?

Thanks!
Old Aug 27th 2016, 4:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CJ2015
Hi BritInParis,

Another question. I hope you don't mind. We are in the process of waiting for the decision for the SS route. In case it is another negative, I am looking at different options.

I miscalculated about the 3 years continuous residency. I was in the UK over a 3 year period, but it does not add up to 3 years (May 2001-June 2003). So that route is out.

You had mentioned in an earlier post that a grandparent born in the UK may be a way in too. Both my parents (my sons' maternal grandparents) were born in the UK. How would this work in terms of UK Immigration?

Thanks!
That would only be useful if your mother was in British Crown service at the time you were born. Your children would be eligible for an ancestry visa to live and work in the UK but not until they were 17.

Going down the SS route and then registering them as British citizens after three years of residence in the UK would be the way to go now.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

CJ2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, again, BritInParis. I appreciate the clarity, and hope that we get the EEA FP this time.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Knight007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello BritInParis, I appreciate your contribution/support to fellow Brits. I've a child born overseas and been through the whole process of sending requested documents. I did received an email from the uk saying that the check in the uk as been completed and the file been is now with overseas passport office in Nairobi/Kenya for overseas check. Today got an email from the overseas office in Nairobi/Kenya that the overseas checks are completed and now the application is on the next stage. BritInParis, what's that next stage? Thanks for taking your time to reply to my question.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight007
Hello BritInParis, I appreciate your contribution/support to fellow Brits. I've a child born overseas and been through the whole process of sending requested documents. I did received an email from the uk saying that the check in the uk as been completed and the file been is now with overseas passport office in Nairobi/Kenya for overseas check. Today got an email from the overseas office in Nairobi/Kenya that the overseas checks are completed and now the application is on the next stage. BritInParis, what's that next stage? Thanks for taking your time to reply to my question.
Probably being passed to a passport examiner for assessment. Hopefully not too much longer to wait now.
Old Sep 10th 2016, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Probably being passed to a passport examiner for assessment. Hopefully not too much longer to wait now.
Many thanks indeed, I did call uk to find out and been told that the application is in examination after both checks in the uk and overseas so have just to wait. Once again many thanks for your support
Old Sep 10th 2016, 12:34 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Are there still Delays?? i thought the backlog was sorted.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Are there still Delays?? i thought the backlog was sorted.
Not that sort of delay. Waiting for security checks being carried out on the documents of first time applicants born in countries with a high risk of fraud.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Yes BritInParis, I received an email yesterday saying that an assessment has been made and I've to attend an interview, please BritInParis do you have an idea of any other steps after that? What to expect in an interview please. Regards
Old Sep 20th 2016, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Knight007
Yes BritInParis, I received an email yesterday saying that an assessment has been made and I've to attend an interview, please BritInParis do you have an idea of any other steps after that? What to expect in an interview please. Regards
Standard questions about yourself, your child and the other parent. When and where they were born, how did you meet your other half, how long have you been married, etc.. Nothing too taxing. Providing your answers are satisfactory then the passport should be forthcoming soon afterwards.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Standard questions about yourself, your child and the other parent. When and where they were born, how did you meet your other half, how long have you been married, etc.. Nothing too taxing. Providing your answers are satisfactory then the passport should be forthcoming soon afterwards.
Many thanks BritInParis
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

nagamurali is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like to apply for my son first time british passport from India ,what type of document do i need to submit .
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by nagamurali
i would like to apply for my son first time british passport from India ,what type of document do i need to submit .
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.