Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Apr 16th 2015, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by drmysterious
Hi Gozit,

In the midst of my misery & negativity, I have something very strange happened today which is just beyond belief.

Today I have checked the application status of my child's passport online and it has been changed to the following:

Action: Not available

This is absolutely unbelievable !!! And I don't want to raise expectations here but am I right to think that my child's passport is on its way without checking countersignature and an interview with Embassy?

This is too good to be true, which is why I am starting to think they might have rejected the application?

Please let me know what you think. Cheers!
I've never done it before myself, but that sounds like good news to me!!
Old Apr 16th 2015, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

drmysterious is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gozit
I've never done it before myself, but that sounds like good news to me!!
They have changed the status to 'dispatched' on 11/04/15. 5 days have passed already and nothing yet ...

Pressure is mounting
Old Apr 16th 2015, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe i'm just being optimistic here but i'm quite sure "dispatched" means its started the process of getting from Durham to you in the KSA. Sometimes these things take a while to get from UK to their destination , especially if its in the Middle East...

Cheers, I hope it comes soon!
Old Apr 16th 2015, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Gozit
Maybe i'm just being optimistic here but i'm quite sure "dispatched" means its started the process of getting from Durham to you in the KSA. Sometimes these things take a while to get from UK to their destination , especially if its in the Middle East...

Cheers, I hope it comes soon!
Soon after my previous post today, I received a call from the DHL guy saying he is trying to deliver a package to me.

I am pleased to announce that the package contained my son's first British passport .

It is a miracle really having known how long some people have been waiting for on this forum.

I am really happy that I can now fly with my family during the holidays back to the UK and somewhere nice after that.

Gozit, I would like to thank you so much for your advice and patience with my many questions. You have been really helpful .

I will now post my timelines for others in the next post - it may be useful.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

I herewith post the timelines summarising my child's first British passport application from abroad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: Child's First British Passport
Child birth place: Saudi Arabia
Location of application: Outside UK - Saudi Arabia

Application completed online: 27/02/2015
Completed application posted to UK: 11/03/2015
Application received in UK: 16/03/2015
Passport issued on: 09/04/2015
Application status changed to 'dispatched' on the website: 11/04/2015
Passport delivered to me on: 16/04/2015

Further details:
Counter signatory contacted: NO
Interview required at embassy: NO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I am very pleased with how long and efficient the process had been; it took me about 5 weeks in total. So on this occasion, I would like to applaud and thank HM's passport office for such an efficient work.

I wish the rest who are waiting to receive their passports in the nearest future because I know the wait is very stressful. Please keep your hopes high!

I also re-iterate my thanks to Gozit who has been really helpful on this thread.

Best of luck to those waiting!
Old Apr 16th 2015, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

rayzin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Unfortunately consular birth registration is not available in the former Dominions (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland) or the current British Overseas Territories.

Is your daughter eligible for a South African passport?
Ahhh ok.
Yes she is eligible for a ZA passport. I've already applied - I was hoping I could get the ball rolling on UK one now though as we're visiting for the world cup in October. When I eventually get the SA one I'll have to apply for a visa for her but technically can't if she is eligible for a UK passport. (Grrrr)

I got a response from the passport enquiry service saying:
"Thank you for your enquiry.

A birth certificate should suffice.

Please follow the passport application process for the country you’re in at: www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Thank you"

But I'm not sure I'd like to take that chance of applying without a picture id?
Old Apr 17th 2015, 7:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rayzin
Ahhh ok.
Yes she is eligible for a ZA passport. I've already applied - I was hoping I could get the ball rolling on UK one now though as we're visiting for the world cup in October. When I eventually get the SA one I'll have to apply for a visa for her but technically can't if she is eligible for a UK passport. (Grrrr)

Please follow the passport application process for the country you’re in at: www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Thank you"

If the application for her South African passport is already in then you might as well hang on and include it with her application to avoid any further delays.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone is happy and delighted receiving their passport and I am left with waiting and waiting. Four and half months since I applied for my British passport. Online checking says 'Declaration form received, undergoing check' Status says 'Unavailable'. They haven't asked for any more documents. I am left with nothing but to wait. I am making calls on a week basis, but haven't received any positive reply. Though I got a call from Liverpool passport office saying that 'I will have to wait for some more time and hopefully it will be done soon.'
Any suggestions friends?
Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by raihk2015
Everyone is happy and delighted receiving their passport and I am left with waiting and waiting. Four and half months since I applied for my British passport. Online checking says 'Declaration form received, undergoing check' Status says 'Unavailable'. They haven't asked for any more documents. I am left with nothing but to wait. I am making calls on a week basis, but haven't received any positive reply. Though I got a call from Liverpool passport office saying that 'I will have to wait for some more time and hopefully it will be done soon.'
Any suggestions friends?
Just so you know, I have been waiting for 11 months. Though I have an interview lined-up this coming Tuesday.

Have patience. Four months is still around the 'standard timeline' for passports.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by knighstrike
Just so you know, I have been waiting for 11 months. Though I have an interview lined-up this coming Tuesday.

Have patience. Four months is still around the 'standard timeline' for passports.
Thank you for the inspiring words. When I call them at Liverpool, they speak well with me. As if I will receive my passports in a week to come. But it hasn't happened. . Any suggestion dear friend?
Old Apr 18th 2015, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Thank you for the inspiring words. When I call them at Liverpool, they speak well with me. As if I will receive my passports in a week to come. But it hasn't happened. . Any suggestion dear friend?
Those people that you speak to are merely call-centre agents from Teleperformance- subcontractors. They don't work directly for HMPO.

They're paid to answer your calls and act that way, but really they don't know much about your passport status. What happens is, they take your details then they check their computers. If the info is not in there, then they contact HMPO, then come back to you in a latter date.

There's not much use to calling them really. You're just wasting your time and money.

As for my suggestions, well just wait. Like I said, four months is still around the 'standard processing time'. Wait for another two months, and that's when you try to make a move.

Last edited by knighstrike; Apr 18th 2015 at 2:57 am.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Those people that you speak to are merely call-centre agents from Teleperformance- subcontractors. They don't work directly for HMPO.

They're paid to answer your calls and act that way, but really they don't know much about your passport status. What happens is, they take your details then they check their computers. If the info is not in there, then they contact HMPO, then come back to you in a latter date.

There's not much use to calling them really. You're just wasting your time and money.

As for my suggestions, well just wait. Like I said, four months is still around the 'standard processing time'. Wait for another two months, and that's when you try to make a move.
Thank you for your suggestion my friend. Well it was said in the application that it would take about 8 weeks for the application to be decided. Now it has been about 24 weeks. Thrice the time said.
Well I was called from Liverpool by some officer at the passport office and advised to wait for some more time. I was also told if I do not get any advancement in a week time I have to enquire again.
I will wait for some time before I make any move now. What should I do after a month?? Any suggestions?
Old Apr 18th 2015, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your suggestion my friend. Well it was said in the application that it would take about 8 weeks for the application to be decided. Now it has been about 24 weeks. Thrice the time said.
Well I was called from Liverpool by some officer at the passport office and advised to wait for some more time. I was also told if I do not get any advancement in a week time I have to enquire again.
I will wait for some time before I make any move now. What should I do after a month?? Any suggestions?
Ask me again within two months. I'll try to help you out.

4 months is still okay.

In the meantime, wait and be patient. Patience is a virtue.

Last edited by knighstrike; Apr 18th 2015 at 7:32 am.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask me again within two months. I'll try to help you out.

4 months is still okay.

In the meantime, wait and be patient. Patience is a virtue.
Hi knighstrike

How is it going? Any news from ur end. I was looking for some advice...it's been more than 6 months for me and more than a month after the interview.
Strangely whenever I try to get progress from that 0300 number these days, either their system is down or they just can't reach their progress team.

I was wondering if I should contact my mp now. The local elections are around the corner, you think I should email my application story to my mp. Or a phone call would do. Or just wait out which is becoming increasingly irritating.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 10:58 am
Just Joined

lukejackson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rayzin

Thank you"

Hi rayzin

For your reference I did not submit a photo ID, and it was not a problem. I had one (a HK passport) but didn't want that stuck with my application for months.

When I phoned up they told me the photo ID requirement is for the parents applying - same goes for the proof of address which for a newborn is a little tricky. The application form is really not clear in this respect. Many required documents are for the parents, while others are for the child, but in each case they refer to the 'applicant'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.