Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Well just after 3 weeks of submitting my sons application with the British embassy's birth registration certificate from Uruguay I get an SMS stating that his passport is being printed now and will be arriving in a few working days!

Excellent!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

DLondon Prn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yes, technically you cannot get a visa for a British citizen. You could do two things

1) Apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode

-This certificate will go in your daughters Kosovan passport, and proves to UKBA she is a British citizen. The catch is one cannot hold a certificate of entitlement and a UK passport at the same time. So a certificate of entitlement will cancel her UK passport application. This is alright if you want her to get to the UK as soon as possible as you can then just apply again for the passport once back in the UK.

2) Apply for a UK visa anyway

-This option will provide proof enough to the AIRLINE that your child is eligible to travel to the UK. Once you get to UKBA you explain that the child is in fact a UK citizen and as such has a right to enter the UK. Explain the passport backlog bit and the fact that you have been waiting since march for a passport but wanted to get home. Continue reiterating the fact that UKBA CANNOT deport a UK citizen. Period. It will delay you at UK border but you will be let through eventually.

I'd go for option one.
Thx mate

i will try but no hope, nearly 5 months wait, i know i can't win the system, Im so disappointed with British bureaucracy
Old Aug 28th 2014, 2:07 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
Well just after 3 weeks of submitting my sons application with the British embassy's birth registration certificate from Uruguay I get an SMS stating that his passport is being printed now and will be arriving in a few working days!

Excellent!
Wow! Congrats!!

9 weeks and still waiting for a replacement passport. And to add insult to injury, found out that an Italian ETD costs £1. 30.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Wow! Congrats!!

9 weeks and still waiting for a replacement passport. And to add insult to injury, found out that an Italian ETD costs £1. 30.
9 weeks? Have you looked up online of the status?

I just received his old Uruguayan passport back today with his original embassy certificate and birth certificate which I thought they were going to keep(certificates).
Great as the embassy certificate costs 65 pounds a pop.

His new one should be on the way now.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:12 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

9 weeks? Have you looked up online of the status?

I just received his old Uruguayan passport back today with his original embassy certificate and birth certificate which I thought they were going to keep(certificates).
Great as the embassy certificate costs 65 pounds a pop.

His new one should be on the way now.
Few days shy of 9 weeks. Haven't looked online yet because the other 2 pps we did took over 9 weeks.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 37100
Few days shy of 9 weeks. Haven't looked online yet because the other 2 pps we did took over 9 weeks.
Maybe it's the Italian post??
It is notorious for it's inefficiency.

Maybe they are just faster processing them when you're in the UK. I used standard check and send.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they are just faster processing them when you're in the UK. I used standard check and send.
It is much slower when applying from anywhere outside the UK. I'm in the US - we are on week 9 too.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gillymonkey
It is much slower when applying from anywhere outside the UK. I'm in the US - we are on week 9 too.
They must be giving priority to the ones arriving from within the UK then, regardless of whether the child is born overseas or not.

Putting the others on the side keeping you waiting months
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:14 am
Concierge

If the passport came by the Italian post I'd would get it for Xmas - with luck!! It comes by courier. I sent the application by courier too because you can't use registered post. The first passport form only had a PO box number ( couriers don't deliver to POs) and when I saw it, I'm afraid I threw a wobbly with the call centre, but I can't have been the only one because the next form gave an address.

I usually do my passport in the UK, but our's were stolen. We would have had to get ETDs plus, we would have needed someone in the UK to sign our photos.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

My son's first UK passport arrived this morning!! Yipeee.
Now officially free to move around and stated 'British citizen'!!

Now just got to get his mother the same document!!!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I spoke too soon!!
The plonkers have misspelled his place of birth even after supplying the official birth registration certificate from the embassy!!
15 minutes on the phone with them and now have to go to the post office to send it back!!

Wife was furious.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:23 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke too soon!!
The plonkers have misspelled his place of birth even after supplying the official birth registration certificate from the embassy!!
15 minutes on the phone with them and now have to go to the post office to send it back!!

Wife was furious.
If that's the case.... just use the passport to enter the UK.. then sort it 'when your in UK'

How the hell would the immigration officer know? its a wrong spelling? they just 'glance' the passports and send you on ya way. lol
Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:31 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
If that's the case.... just use the passport to enter the UK.. then sort it 'when your in UK'

How the hell would the immigration officer know? its a wrong spelling? they just 'glance' the passports and send you on ya way. lol
Think they are already in the UK
Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:32 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Think they are already in the UK
lol yea, never mind then!
Old Aug 30th 2014, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Well been outa the forum for a while but just received an email from the VAC in Guangzhou China that my daughters first passport has arrived and ready for collection on monday.

Interview in GZ Visa application center July 1st,
documents received in L'pool and payment taken 6th july,
Email from VAC today 30th Aug that passport is ready for collection.

No messing about, no silly emails asking for more docs. Just 7 weeks.

Documents sent,
Passport copy of myself and Chinese mom and my UK bc,
Kids local BC (didnt get a consular one yet),
Copy of counter signs passport,
Also included my old HM Forces Army number for extra security check,
Included a letter signed by both parents stating we both have joint parental responsibility.

That was it. Think the counter signs passport copy and my forces number maybe helped.

7 weeks baby!!!!! Good luck to everyone else out there still waiting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.